Jim Carrey Online

Confirmed: Jason Reitman and Jim Carrey Movie

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Confirmed: Jason Reitman and Jim Carrey Movie

Postby 123Dan123 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:22 am

Well I posted the rumor months ago and it turns out that the rumor was true.

Sources:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/03/05/ ... re-pierre/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 5147ba5e55
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby sianlee » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:58 am

Sounds like another flop.

Why cant proper directors hire Jim, we dont need these no names to try and drag Jim down. I don't mean that in a harsh way. I just want someone like James Cameron or Steven Speilberg to hire Jim! dammit!
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:10 pm

What the ... ?

I think it's the best news since he did 'Eternal Sunshine'. Those are the movies that show us what he is realy capable of. Finally, an interesting movie on his list again. Sure, I thought "Fun with Dick and Jane" was fun and "Bruce Almighty" is a splendid time-killer. And I'm looking forward to Jim doing his thing in "Yes Man", but when it comes to acting, thís is what he needs.

The director of "Thank You for Smoking" and "Juno". Sounds good!
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby 123Dan123 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:29 pm

sianlee wrote:Sounds like another flop.

Why cant proper directors hire Jim, we dont need these no names to try and drag Jim down. I don't mean that in a harsh way. I just want someone like James Cameron or Steven Speilberg to hire Jim! dammit!

Are you serious? This guy is a great director!
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby fluffy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:54 pm

lol.......i wonder if Jim can speak French????? :)

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:27 pm

Not to forget (as I mentioned in the other topic weeks ago) that this is a very wanted script and Reitman thinks that's the most important before you even think about making a movie.

The film comes from a highly-touted script by Edwin Cannistraci and Frederick Seton and was sold for $1 million after a bidding war between three studios. (Joblo)
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:02 pm

i thought diablo cody was working on it..................

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby sianlee » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:19 am

Well lets see...

The Director I havent heard off, no big namers like speilberg. He may have only produced a couple of good movies. But they didn't do *great* did they?

The film plot seems rather stupid. I mean I was really exicted when I first heard about it, but the film.... I mean it doesnt seem like some revolutionary plot. Nothing extra ordinary.

I mean how many people have done a movie about someone being erased from your dreams?

How many people have made a movie of a particular number making you go crazy?

How many people have made a movie about a person having to say yes to everything?

They're different plots that are somewhat unique. This doesn't really have that much uniqueness... it seems rather normal.
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby 123Dan123 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:15 am

sianlee wrote:Well lets see...

The Director I havent heard off, no big namers like speilberg. He may have only produced a couple of good movies. But they didn't do *great* did they?

The film plot seems rather stupid. I mean I was really exicted when I first heard about it, but the film.... I mean it doesnt seem like some revolutionary plot. Nothing extra ordinary.

I mean how many people have done a movie about someone being erased from your dreams?

How many people have made a movie of a particular number making you go crazy?

How many people have made a movie about a person having to say yes to everything?

They're different plots that are somewhat unique. This doesn't really have that much uniqueness... it seems rather normal.

Juno was Nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards and has superb reviews all around the net. If that isn't considered great I don't know what is.

The plot is unique in my eyes and the script was also highly praised.

Great Script+Great Director+Jim Carrey = Awesome movie?

IMO this is the best news for Jim in a looong time.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby sianlee » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:09 am

Nope. I still tend to disagree.

Juno? I have barely heard of it. If it was a superb movie, I think everyone in the world would have heard about it, but we havent here in Aus.

If you said to someone "Have you heard of the mask" I think 99.99% of people would have heard about that movie. Juno? I think probebly ... 60-70% of people have heard about it?
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby fluffy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:47 pm

um sorry Sianlee but Juno is/was a serious hit..............probably the biggest surprise hit of 2007 ........people ARE talking about it..........

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby 123Dan123 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:06 pm

sianlee wrote:Nope. I still tend to disagree.

Juno? I have barely heard of it. If it was a superb movie, I think everyone in the world would have heard about it, but we havent here in Aus.

If you said to someone "Have you heard of the mask" I think 99.99% of people would have heard about that movie. Juno? I think probebly ... 60-70% of people have heard about it?

The Mask has been out for 14 years.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby grinchy steve » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:12 pm

That makes no sense. You don't need a huge name like Steven Spielberg to make a good movie. And a movie doesn't have to score big at the box-office to be worth watching. In fact, when you look at the numbers every week, you can see that most of the great movies didn't even make the top five. And sucky (and I mean realy bad movies that should be burned for being there) are making money as hell.

Tell me, I was a Paul Thomas Anderson -fan since 'Magnolia' came out. That man did some amazing things, but when you ask who's the director of 'There Will be Blood', nobody knows. That reminds me, when you ask people to name a movie directed by Steven Spielberg, they say "E.T.", "Jurassic Park" and maybe a few "War of the Worlds". People don't know (by example) "Munich" and thát's the movie with the most important and biggest nominations. Who saw "The Terminal"? It was Steven Spielberg ánd Tom Hanks ... and still it didn't do that well in Europe. And hey, Tom Shadyac isn't a big name. Guess what, 'Bruce Almighty' broke records.

Juno? I have barely heard of it. If it was a superb movie, I think everyone in the world would have heard about it, but we havent here in Aus. If you said to someone "Have you heard of the mask" I think 99.99% of people would have heard about that movie. Juno? I think probebly ... 60-70% of people have heard about it?

A lot of the best movies out there and most of the films that are considered as a 'classic' these days, aren't (weren't) famous. And they weren't the biggest hits. And you know what? That's not important at all. It's important that it's good in what it wants to be.

Both 'Juno' ánd 'Thank You for Smoking' got outstanding reviews all over the world. 'Juno' won 36 (!) awards and 'Thank You for Smoking' has a nice list of nominations also. And what the heck, even the awards aren't important afterall (it's good it happens though) ... The movie has to be good and that's it.

And honestly, I have contact with a lot of teenagers (14-18) ... When you ask that generation about 'The Mask' I have to explain it's the Jim Carrey movie where he has this green face and yellow suit. And I'm only 25, that's how fast life goes.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:22 pm

Folk need to keep an open mind...........it's years off screening....it needs to be made first!.....regard all films as watchable until proven otherwise.....lol :wink:

fluffy :lol: :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby 123Dan123 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:54 pm

Well said Steve. And I seen Munich and The Terminal :D
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Next

Return to Upcoming Movies