Jim Carrey Online

Ewan McGregor

Discuss this movie. Filmed April 29-June 30, 2008
Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Ewan McGregor

Postby fluffy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:25 am

OMG........be still my beating heart......reports are coming in that Ewan McGregor is being cited as Jim's love interest in Philip Morris......i'll continue to update you today as reports come in.........such a small world...*chuckles* :wink:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:52 am

variety online has this report-

Carrey finds his 'Love' interest - Ewan
McGregor to play romantic lead in dark comedy
By MICHAEL FLEMING

Ewan McGregor will play the romantic lead opposite Jim Carrey in "I Love You Phillip Morris," a dark comedy that marks the directing debut of "Bad Santa" scribes Glenn Ficarra and John Requa.
Mad Chance's Andrew Lazar will produce with Far Shariat. Luc Besson's EuropaCorp is fully financing, and Besson is exec producer.

Carrey signed earlier in the fall to star in the fact-based tale as Steven Russell, a married father whose conman ways introduced him to the Texas prison system. There, he fell in love with cellmate Phillip Morris.

His love for Morris motivated his escape from prisons four times, once by using a green pen and bucket of water to change his prison outfit into what appeared to be surgical scrubs, another time by faking his death from AIDS and signing his own death certificate. Morris eventually got out, but Russell's escapades got him a 144-year sentence.

Ficarra and Requa wrote the script, based on a book by Houston Chronicle crime reporter Steve McVicker.

Production will begin in spring, once Carrey completes starring in "A Christmas Carol," playing multiple roles in the Robert Zemeckis-directed performance-capture film for Disney.

McGregor just finished "The List," the Marcel Langenegger-directed drama.

fluffy :lol:
Last edited by fluffy on Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:52 am

No! :evil: NOT McGregor! I have nothing against the guy, but in many movies it's just hard to believe him. I don't think he's the right fit for Jim Carrey. Bad news. (imo)
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:55 am

i disagree........he's perfect.... :wink: ...but time will tell i guess......... :lol:

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby CarreyGirl » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:37 am

For me is ok!! :) he's perfect !!At least Jim kisses a good man! :lol: :wink:
I'm Dumb and I'm proud! :_D
CarreyGirl
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby Filomena » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:13 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Does anyone else feel sick at the thought of Jim making this movie?

It sounds like I'm homophobic or something, but I'm not. I just think this is the wrong movie for Jim, and I really have a bad feeling about this.

First, he makes fun of Brokeback Mountain, and now, he's making his own version of the movie.

And please, don't give me that line that he's just trying new roles and is expanding his horizons. It sounds contrived; like the usual BS that Hollywood comes up with when they desparately want to make a hit - so let's try a little bit of shock value.

A love story that takes place in prison isn't the kind of feel good movie that is going to make people want to rush out and see.

Why can't he do a love story that he truly believes in, instead of picking these assinine roles that do nothing but alienate his fans?

Sorry - but I have to vent. I want the Jim Carrey that is true to himself. He's really disappointing me lately, and if you read what fans OUTSIDE of this forum have to say, then you'll hear the same type of sentiments.

Yes, I know. Most of you will disagree. But this is just my opinion, and there has to be a reason why I'm feeling so strongly about this. Sorry, guys..... :cry:
The truth shall set you free.
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby jimliker » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:27 pm

I wondering how they will do luv making scene :lol:

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:29 pm

Nothing that you said makes sense in my head, Filomena. I'm sorry.

Wasn't Jim great in most of his serious movies? Absolutely. Wasn't Jim great is most of his comedic roles? No doubt. So, what's the problem here? It's a dark comedy with a possible more serious side.

"Like the usual BS that Hollywood comes up with when they desparately want to make a hit - so let's try a little bit of shock value. "

Now thát is bullshit. Besides, most of the "shocking" (my god) movies that come out are Independent. And most of them aren't made with an attitude like "Hey, let's make a movie that shocks people!". That's just a silly thing to say. And one more thing, how would a film with two people that happen to be gay be shocking? Welcome to the medieval times!

I guess people were more shocked by an actor talking out of his ass. (ace) Or sucking a big boob and putting his thing in a melon. (m,m&I)

"A love story that takes place in prison isn't the kind of feel good movie that is going to make people want to rush out and see."

Again, it's a dark comedy. If the thing you said would make sense, he shouldn't have made The Cable Guy, The Truman Show, Man on the Moon, Me myself & Irene, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Lemony Snicket, The Majestic and The Number 23.

From now on, he should only make movies like 'Liar Liar' and 'Bruce Almighty'. Is that mainstream enough?
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Filomena » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:12 pm

Well, Grinchy Steve, I see your point. I'm just voicing my opinion.

But I'm not a big fan of mainstream Hollywood, and don't believe that many of the movies that come out of there are from the heart. It's usually about which movies can break the 100 million mark, and which movies can exploit story lines to get there.

No, it's not about it being a gay movie that is shocking. If it's a real love story about two men, than I'm all for it. But I don't believe that bullshit "true story" about the two men who fell in love in jail, out of the blue, and then it became like an obsession. He did an obsession movie already, and it didn't do very well, did it?

In any case, I guess I'm just using my femine intution about this. Maybe I just don't want to see him in that kind of role? I'm not sure, to be honest, I guess it just doesn't feel right.

And I"m not a big fan of dark comedy, anyways. So maybe that's the problem right there. And between me, you and the lamppost, I didn't see The Cable Guy as a dark comedy, even though it was referred to as a dark comedy. Chip Douglas didn't scare me at all, that movie was just fun from the get go.

Also, I love it when he breaks character and does movies outside of "mainstream". I loved Eternal Sunshine, and The Truman Show.

No need to take this at a personal level, Grinchy Steve. It's just my feeling that this movie is a big mistake, Just like I thought the Number 23 was a big mistake. I'm also not sure about Yes Man, but I'll have to wait to see the trailer.

Whatever happens, I wish him the best of luck. As long as he's having fun and is "still playing in the sandbox" like he says!

Peace,
Fil.
The truth shall set you free.
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby fluffy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:18 pm

lol........the fact that the characters are gay is incidental....it's an awesome tale of how Steven managed to con everyone...then ran rings round the prison system..........all for the thrill of the chase.....and for love :wink: Jim's and Ewan are not gonna be like rutting stags on heat....lol......even if the press are jumping on that angle.......lol....
It's a true story so it's authentic......so in that respect it can't be contrived....but as i say it's about the thrill of the chase.....Steven is a master con-man.....for him it's all about out-witting people.....and he justifies it to himself by saying it's all for Philip Morris.

i want to see this made even more now.......Ewan does effeminate perfectly.......(see Velvet Goldmine :wink: ) and of course he's one of my brethren........lol.........
i told you.......we Scots get everywhere........just like bacteria..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:50 pm

I have to say I was a little hard for you earlier this day, Filomena. My apologies for that. I confess that I was a little 'pissed' about your lines and was reading them right after an incident at work, this day. Not a good combination, I guess. But this second time you realy explained well how you feel about this project. And I respect you for doing that, I realy do.

Now, as for the dark comedy part. I think people missunderstand that 'genre'. You see, The Cable Guy (or any dark comedy) doesn't need to be scary. The term "dark comedy" has more to do with the subject and the kind of humor. (damn, it's hard to explain in a language that isn't mine) And I think there is a very good film in 'Morris'. It's a (true) story, with a lot of possibilities. If they get the characters right and focus on the right things.

But I have my doubts also. I didn't believe in 23 from the very beginning as I saw Joel Shumacher was doing it. (and I was right about that, imo) Although both Carrey and Madsen were good. I can only dream of what it could have been if it was someone like David Fincher. In this case I'm afraid the writers from 'Bad Santa' aren't the right people. The weakest point of that tasteless movie was the writing. And seriously, Billy Bob did nothing more then saying dirty words and peeing all over the place. Where were the jokes? Was there a script? I'm a bit worried there.

Otherwise, although I think he's not my first choice, I saw all McGregors movies ... and I don't think he would sign for something that vulgair and unfunny thing as 'Bad Santa'. More then ever, we'll just have to wait and wonder.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:55 pm

I get your point......hopefully Luc Bessons team will do what the Europeans are best at and give the movie some class........ :wink:

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby 123Dan123 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:41 am

Good, Ewan is a fantastic actor. He'll do a great job. Now I'm looking more excited about this movie. :D
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby CarreyGirl » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:19 pm

grinchy steve wrote:I have to say I was a little hard for you earlier this day, Filomena. My apologies for that. I confess that I was a little 'pissed' about your lines and was reading them right after an incident at work, this day. Not a good combination, I guess. But this second time you realy explained well how you feel about this project. And I respect you for doing that, I realy do.

Now, as for the dark comedy part. I think people missunderstand that 'genre'. You see, The Cable Guy (or any dark comedy) doesn't need to be scary. The term "dark comedy" has more to do with the subject and the kind of humor. (damn, it's hard to explain in a language that isn't mine) And I think there is a very good film in 'Morris'. It's a (true) story, with a lot of possibilities. If they get the characters right and focus on the right things.

But I have my doubts also. I didn't believe in 23 from the very beginning as I saw Joel Shumacher was doing it. (and I was right about that, imo) Although both Carrey and Madsen were good. I can only dream of what it could have been if it was someone like David Fincher. In this case I'm afraid the writers from 'Bad Santa' aren't the right people. The weakest point of that tasteless movie was the writing. And seriously, Billy Bob did nothing more then saying dirty words and peeing all over the place. Where were the jokes? Was there a script? I'm a bit worried there.

Otherwise, although I think he's not my first choice, I saw all McGregors movies ... and I don't think he would sign for something that vulgair and unfunny thing as 'Bad Santa'. More then ever, we'll just have to wait and wonder.

You wouldn't have to worry!! :wink:
For me,this film will become colossal!!I us creed and I hope to us.
CarreyGirl
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby CarreyGirl » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:34 pm

Filomena wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Does anyone else feel sick at the thought of Jim making this movie?

It sounds like I'm homophobic or something, but I'm not. I just think this is the wrong movie for Jim, and I really have a bad feeling about this.

First, he makes fun of Brokeback Mountain, and now, he's making his own version of the movie.

And please, don't give me that line that he's just trying new roles and is expanding his horizons. It sounds contrived; like the usual BS that Hollywood comes up with when they desparately want to make a hit - so let's try a little bit of shock value.

A love story that takes place in prison isn't the kind of feel good movie that is going to make people want to rush out and see.

Why can't he do a love story that he truly believes in, instead of picking these assinine roles that do nothing but alienate his fans?

Sorry - but I have to vent. I want the Jim Carrey that is true to himself. He's really disappointing me lately, and if you read what fans OUTSIDE of this forum have to say, then you'll hear the same type of sentiments.

Yes, I know. Most of you will disagree. But this is just my opinion, and there has to be a reason why I'm feeling so strongly about this. Sorry, guys..... :cry:

I believe that Jim in order to demonstrate how much is worth, he must risk and put yourself in game! For We fan, Jim he is the best actor of the world, for others is sounds like a clown!! And it must to prove that people who also difficult roles he to you will be in a position to interpreting them. I' ve confidence in Jim!

(Excuse me again for my bad english!! :lol: :lol: )

p.s.:Brokeback Mountain *____*
CarreyGirl
Horton Hears a Who!

Next

Return to (2010) I Love You Phillip Morris