Jim Carrey Online

Evan Almighty (posters)

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Postby cotton » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:13 pm

grinchy steve wrote:Not at all, my dear.

Dear??? Twigggy is a boy.lol
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:58 pm

If that makes me gay I can star next to Jim in 'Morris'! 8)
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby cotton » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:12 pm

ohhh good idea :wink: :lol:
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby Twigggy » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:32 am

About "The Son of the Mask", that's just a (bit) different example. Jim Carrey = The Mask = Jim Carrey. So when you have a movie about 'The Mask' again, someone is somehow playing 'The Mask'. The problem, even if it's a baby, is that it's still replacing the original Mask.

Ah, Steve, you're really reaching for it now, man. I'm not sure if you already know this, but the Mask was a comic book series [that was] out long before Carrey played Stanley Ipkiss. So not everybody should associate Jim Carrey with the mask; in fact, the Mask, as whole, fits more as a stand-alone series than "Bruce Alimighty" does any given day. As a Movie Critic, I thought you would have known that already...especially after this bold, statement:

This time we get a whole new story that has nothing to do with Bruce and a total different lead. Steve Carell doesn't have to be Bruce Nolan. So it's unfair to say a "sequel" sucks because Carrey isn't in it. Evan Almighty is a Carell-movie with Carell doing his thing."

Sure, Steve, so was "Son of the Mask." It was a Kennedy movie with J. Kennedy doing his thing, and his thing sucked bigtime. One of the worst movies I've seen in a long time. I was just trying to help you out, bud, since you're a movie critic; and since you made such a bogus statement. You contradicted yourself. I told you so to help you.

And no: I'm not obsessed with Jim Carrey or you. In fact, I respect Carrey, but don't look up to him or anything. In fact, I was just correcting a glaring error in your writings, Steve. They just didn't fit. Made no sense. I'd want to know from somebody else if I was making statements that made me look like an idiot. But I'm not sure about you, bud.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby sprousefan23 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:30 am

^ I have the Mask comic book! one of them....I think it's the first one....but that store had the first five for like a dollar! :D
"No time outs. Only DEATH!"
"I don't like to brag and I won't cuz I don't have to!" Image
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:10 am

hehehehhe..........i'm loving the fruit avatar Sprouse...... :D

fluffy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby sprousefan23 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:38 am

^ haha thanks. :lol:
"No time outs. Only DEATH!"
"I don't like to brag and I won't cuz I don't have to!" Image
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:01 pm

@ Twiggy,

Why should one of our opinions make no sense because it doesn’t stroke with the other? Why should someone look like an idiot because of that? How dare you? ;) It’s quit simple, we both have a different view or look on these things. And even if I don’t agree or share the same opinion about this subject, I understand completely how you see things. And I respect it. Because of the fact you did your very best to explain. Although, I didn’t like the way you were talking in the last post, the suuuuure-roll-eying attitude, that’s why I didn’t react first. When discussions go that way, I usually refuse to answer.

I did know those things –and more- about ‘The Mask’. But I don’t agree on the associate-part and neither with the line you drowned (?) between ‘The Mask’ and ‘Evan Almighty’. Not at all. Two total different cases imo. So, I could easily say there are enough critics or ‘regular viewer’s that share my opinion, but that’s not my style.

If you are interested why I don’t agree, I will do my best (with not enough knowledge of the English language) to explain. With a smaller vocabulary, that is.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Twigggy » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:51 am

Nah man. Sorry the rage in that last post. I was angry all day about something else and there was no one to take it out on in reality so unfortunately I took it out on you.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby fluffy » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:45 pm

I saw it today and we loved it!!!!!..........the animals were adorable and it was a good, gentle romp..........Steve and Morgan were great in it and we came away happy......... :D

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Glad you went to see it...

Postby Canadian Jayne » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:00 pm

I'm glad when I went, left you with a fun but important message.
Well worth it.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Previous

Return to Upcoming Movies