Jim Carrey Online

Some critics view about no.23 DVD

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Some critics view about no.23 DVD

Postby jimliker » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:57 pm

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

It involves math.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/review.php?ID=29024

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby sianlee » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:21 am

I'm sick of critics... I posted a reply to his review:

What I want to know is, how much do you get paid to pull that stuff out of your butt and exagurate it beyond comparison? I tell you, it must be a damn lot. You can't keep an open mind can you?

What critics do now-a-days when they see the word "Jim Carrey" they think "Comedy. Better be a comedy, that way it at least get's a 3/10." But no, as soon as you guys hear it's a serious movie you'se have got a negative mind from the start and can't appreciate the movie for what message it's trying to portray in a serious manner.

I can gaurentee that if Jim Carrey wasn't in this movie, and you saw Joel Schumacher as the director you would have thought "Wow, i'm going to see this movie, it sounds great! He's done some awesome movies... this can't be less than a 6/10".

I thought the number 23 was a good movie to watch, and this is coming from a person that still uses fingers for maths as well, and I had no problem following the mathamatical equations in this movie.

Why bother watching a movie that you have negative thoughts towards? Obviously you knew the movie would be about the number 23, lol, no doubt if they had cut down the use of putting the number 23 in the movie everywhere you would have still complained about it - with this as a headline for your article "The Number 23 ... a movie detailing anything but the number". If you can't appreciate the creativness in the movie, don't bother even writing a review. Most people want to see reviews based on an unbiased decision. If I walked into the movie thinking that Jim was an ok actor, and I wasn't biased (being a fan of Jim) I would have still given the movie a good rating and review because I thought it was a great attempt in bringing the 23 enigma into our theatres.

Heh, did you know the sequal to that movie is coming out? "The Number 23 II: The Number 47". I'll be looking forward to giving some constructive critisism to your 'critic review' to that film.

Who agrees with me?
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby fluffy » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:13 am

lol.....atta girl!!!!! :wink:

fluffy :wink: :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby sianlee » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:52 am

Well I caused a little bit of an uproar on their site. So I apologised for the harshness, but my reply was plain and simple, I didn't appreciate how that guy wrote such a sarcastic review.

I was wrong about Joel being a great director.... but that's not the point. If say it was Steven Spielburg directing its bound to get a good rating. But if Jim was in that whith Speilburg as a director people would be wondering "Why is this actor in a movie directed by a hero?" and they would keep questioning that. I hate it how people do that. Like I said in my reply to the review, once they see Jim that's not in a comedy they automaticlly think it's a bad movie. That annoys me to the max.
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby sprousefan23 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:29 am

AHHHHHHHH!!!!! Even though I'm above average in math, it still scares the crud out of me!!!!!

:lol:
"No time outs. Only DEATH!"
"I don't like to brag and I won't cuz I don't have to!" Image
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to (2007) The Number 23