Jim Carrey Online

Burton might still be directing?

Burton might still be directing?

Postby g6471 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:55 pm

Found this on IMDB Ripleys board From todays "Variety"
THis movie has more ups and downs.....

Carrey set for 'Christmas Carol'
Actor to star in Zemeckis adaptation
By MICHAEL FLEMINGJim Carrey will play Ebenezer Scrooge and the three ghosts that haunt him in "A Christmas Carol," an adaptation of the Charles Dickens tale that Robert Zemeckis wrote and will direct for Walt Disney Pictures.
Zemeckis, Jack Rapke and Steve Starkey will produce through ImageMovers Digital. The trio recently made an overall Disney deal for their ImageMovers banner.

Zemeckis will shoot the film using "performance capture/Disney digital 3-D" animation, a continuing evolution of techniques he introduced in "Polar Express" and continues with "Beowulf," the upcoming film that stars Angelina Jolie.

"A Christmas Carol" will also feature a touch of live action and computer graphics, the latter of which ImageMovers employed in the Gil Kenan-directed "Monster House."

The technology provides a playground for the chameleon-like Carrey, who will act the character of Scrooge through several all the periods of his life, as well as the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future. Zemeckis wrote the script specifically with Carrey in mind and the actor said yes straight away.

It's the second iconic holiday role for Carrey, who played the title character in the Ron Howard-directed "Dr. Suess' How the Grinch Stole Christmas."

Bob Hoskins has blabbed to the Internet that he would also be in "A Christmas Carol," inadvertently revealing a project that ImageMovers had been trying to keep secret. While Hoskins-who starred for Zemeckis in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"-might end up in the film, the studio denied that any deal had yet been made with him.

"A Christmas Carol" becomes one of several high profile projects for Carrey, who hasn't determined which he'll make next, or how many he'll be able to complete by next summer, when studios are bracing for possible labor stoppage.

A Carrey priority is "Ripley's Believe it Or Not!," and Paramount, armed with a Steve Oedekerk rewrite, is trying to find a schedule that will allow Tim Burton to direct, even as he completes post-production on "Sweeney Todd," the DreamWorks musical that stars Johnny Depp and Sacha Baron Cohen.
Carrey is also set to play a gay prison escapee in "I Love You Phillip Morris," the Andrew Lazar-produced dark independent comedy written and directed by the "Bad Santa" team of Glenn Ficarra and John Requa. Carrey's also going to play a reluctant nursemaid to his ailing wife and her family in the Fox comedy "Me Time," scripted by Ian Roberts and Jay Martel. And Carrey just signed on to star in "Sober Buddies," the Andrew Kurtzman-scripted comedy for Universal and Stuber/Parent.
[/quote]
g6471
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby chip » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Now these are official an wonderful news! :)
YEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!! :D
chip
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Postby sprousefan23 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:21 pm

haha Johnny Depp doing a musical! :lol: :lol:
"No time outs. Only DEATH!"
"I don't like to brag and I won't cuz I don't have to!" Image
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby g6471 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:24 am

sprousefan23 wrote:haha Johnny Depp doing a musical! :lol: :lol:

Should be intresting :?
g6471
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby 123Dan123 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:54 am

Link?
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby g6471 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:40 am

g6471
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby CarreyGirl » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:40 am

Depp!!! :evil:

:olaf: :" :twisted: :twisted: " :lol: 8)
I'm Dumb and I'm proud! :_D
CarreyGirl
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby grinchy steve » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:48 pm

It's not the first time Depp does a musical. :wink: But back to the real news here ... So there is still a chance Burton is in? =D> [-o< =D> [-o<
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby g6471 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:38 pm

grinchy steve wrote:It's not the first time Depp does a musical. :wink: But back to the real news here ... So there is still a chance Burton is in? =D> [-o< =D> [-o<

Gondry flatly denies the rumors and it was never confirmed Burton was out.... so maybe............
g6471
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby fluffy » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:24 pm

WILL SOMEONE OFFICIAL PLEASE RELEASE A STATEMENT.......... :wink:

FLUFFY :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby sprousefan23 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:49 am

Sorry, it's just so hard to believe! Not Jim doing the movie but Depp doin a musical.....back to business:

So, Jim wants to focus on Ripley's? Good, then we can see him get really creative! :D
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby g6471 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:09 pm

sprousefan23 wrote:Sorry, it's just so hard to believe! Not Jim doing the movie but Depp doin a musical.....back to business:

So, Jim wants to focus on Ripley's? Good, then we can see him get really creative! :D

I hope he does Scrooge and Ripleys. They are the most high prfile.
g6471
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby fluffy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:20 pm

lol.......and he can do Philip Morris at the weekends.......lol..........i really really hope the large spaces between his movies don't lose him fans...he needs more exposure.......

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby sprousefan23 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:27 am

^ You got that right sista! :D
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby g6471 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:37 am

From todays Variety

Jim Carrey agrees with 'Yes Men'

Jim Carrey has said yes to "Yes Man." Carrey will make the Warner Bros. comedy, to be directed by Peyton Reed, his next star vehicle.
Based on a memoir by British author Danny Wallace, "Yes Man" casts Carrey as a guy who aims to change his life by saying yes to absolutely everything that comes his way.

Pic, which begins production in October, will be produced by David Heyman and Richard Zanuck. Script was written by Nicholas Stoller, who co-wrote the Carrey starrer "Fun with Dick and Jane." The project will get a rewrite.

Carrey will follow "Yes Man" with the Robert Zemeckis-directed performance capture film "A Christmas Carol" for Disney, early next year, playing Ebenzer Scrooge and the three ghosts of Christmas that haunt the miser. Carrey expects to make one more film before production June when Hollywood faces a possible labor stoppage.

Carrey, who most recently provided a voice alongside Steve Carell for an animated film based on "Horton Hears a Who" for Fox Animation and Blue Sky, is mulling several scripts that include "I Love You Phillip Morris," the dark indie comedy to be directed by "Bad Santa" writers Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, and Paramount's "Ripley's Believe It Or Not!"

The latter, which still has Tim Burton attached to direct, seems too logistically complex to fit that time schedule and will likely be postponed until the labor union troubles are resolved. Carrey's repped by CAA and managers Eric Gold and Jimmy Miller.
g6471
Earth Girls Are Easy

Next

Return to (????) Ripley's Believe It or Not