Jim Carrey Online

Rubberface out on DVD!

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Rubberface out on DVD!

Postby TNPihl » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:18 am

By Priya B
(Web Correspondent)

One of the best movies of Jim Carrey during early 1980s, "Rubberface" will be out on DVD on January 23, 2007! It is directed by Glen Salzman and Rebecca Yates.

The DVD rating is PG so it is for Jim fans of all ages! This movie is on DVD for the first time! The Canadian movie aired on CBC in 1981 and was first time released on VHS in 1995. Our sweet Jim was only 19 years old.

© Lions Gate

In this movie you can see a very young Jim as hilarious as ever doing stand ups. In it, his name is Tony who's stand up acts needs help. Luckily he hooks up with Janet, a witty but withdrawn joke writer who soon coaches Tony into his most riotous routines yet. Rest of the story is for you to see when the DVD comes out! Dont miss it!

» Pre-order the DVD at Amazon.com
Last edited by TNPihl on Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:01 am

This was a after school special. I don't think it was in theaters.lol
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:36 am

hang on ............Best movie?????? :shock: ...........lmao.......i'll choose Once Bitten over it......lol........he is adorable in it :lol: for serious fans only though........it's fantastic seeing his craft development through his movies......... :D .......amongst other developments of course............lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

fluffy :lol: :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby trishroberts » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:15 am

My god why would they bother to release it on DVD !!!. Yes it was a one off Jims very early steps on the road to sucsess but its .......erm a bit naff..... its not really about Jim (Tony) The lead is a very wooden girl, it only ever saw the light of day because of who Jim is now. It think that is very much an over sell 'Best Movie'
trishroberts
Man on the Moon

Postby body71 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:22 am

This movie, when it was first released was called "Introducing Janet". It originally aired on the CBC here in Canada. For years it was dead and buried and then someone bought the rights to it after Ace was released and became such a mega hit.

To call it one of his best?? I wouldn't go that far. Jim has said many times in the past he hated this movie, and I'm sure he is dreading it's release on DVD now.
body71

Postby cotton » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:45 pm

i'll choose Once Bitten over it......

Well she said it is the best ones from the early 80's which means she is comparing it to Club med and It's all in good taste. Once Bitten was mid 80's.

The lead is a very wooden girl

That girl was terrible wasn't she?lol
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby 123Dan123 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:48 pm

I might get it since I never seen it.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby MandyCarrey » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:02 pm

Once Bitten is definatly better than rubberface... Once Bitten is awesome one of my faves of his. Im glad its coming out on dvd ive been tryin to get my mate to sell me her vhs copy for years ever since we watched it lol (as uve probably remember hearing about from me several times already lol). It aint the best film in the world but i enjoyed it and i want it in my collection. i thought it was definatly better than copper mountain now that was pants!! sorry Jim your bits were good but the film itself was pure rubbish lol. ... is it being released in the uk or is it another one that is only gonna be released in america??
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Postby fluffy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:13 pm

USA........for now...........

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Jessica Bezerra Dos Santo » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:24 pm

I want!!!!!! I am very happy for having launched!!!!! :wink:
ImageImage
Jessica Bezerra Dos Santo
Batman Forever

Postby Rubberface » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:10 am

Haha... I chose this nick even before I knew he did a movie called like that.
---=Rubberface=---
Rubberface
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All

Postby sprousefan23 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:35 am

haha 8) Rubberface! My friends gave me that nickname too, cuz appearently I do really good impressions!
"No time outs. Only DEATH!"
"I don't like to brag and I won't cuz I don't have to!" Image
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Twigggy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:01 am

"i'll choose Once Bitten over it."

Here here. "Once Bitten" was a lot better than this swill. Was this even a movie? I saw this when I was 9 and couldn't stand it--in spite of my favorite actor being in it.

But I think "Copper Mountain" takes the cake as Jim's worst movie. I haven't seen any good reviews of this movie. Terrible. Utterly terrible. I didn't even watch all of it...because it was sheer torture. I don't remember much dialogue either; only painful montages that never seemed to end. And the movie wasn't even an hour!
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby Happygal » Thu May 10, 2007 2:32 am

"bump" (not sure if I have to or not)

My dad got this movie for me the other day. Harry and I sat and watched and we were kinda shocked at how short of a movie it was. We both enjoyed the movie, but I do agree that Once Bitten is a better movie than Rubberface. :)
One person's craziness, is another person's reality. ~ Tim Burton
Happygal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby MandyCarrey » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:09 pm

Yeh rubberface aint he best thing in the world. ive seen it thanks to a mate. but i still want it in my Jim collection lol. I hope it will be released in the uk eventually. if not ordering from the usa again is likely lol you guys are soo lucky!..... i agree Once Bitten is way better. its one of my faves of jims. copper mountain i didnt even watch all the way threw i got sooo bored. i just skipped the rest of the film to see jims bits lol! :D
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Next

Return to Stop The Press!