Jim Carrey Online

New Ace Ventura

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Postby djfiredaddy » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:03 pm

The Ace Ventura 3 without Carrey will be the same like the Mask 2 was without Carrey.
It was so so BAD and Horrible !!! YUK
Bumblebee Tuna !
djfiredaddy
The Dead Pool

Postby sprousefan23 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:57 pm

Yeah, it'd be like Harry Potter without Harry Potter!!
"No time outs. Only DEATH!"
"I don't like to brag and I won't cuz I don't have to!" Image
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Rosita » Sat May 19, 2007 3:20 pm

a new Ace Ventura??? :roll: I love this films...but a new film of the detective Ace Ventura?? It is...Fantastic!! :D :D
Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color, choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable!
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

Postby Rosita » Sat May 19, 2007 3:22 pm

But...well!!! without Jim??? noooooooooooooooooooooooo I want Ace Ventura with Jim Carrey!!!!! because a new Ace Ventura without Jim Carrey is...is...very very bad film :twisted: I want Jim in the new part of Ace! 8)
Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color, choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable!
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

Postby JimCfan » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:41 pm

it will be like Nightmare on Elm Street with Freddy Krueger only without Robert Englund
JimCfan
The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Postby Twigggy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:50 am

A lot of Jim Carrey movies to come will be ruined with sequels with other actors because Jim Carrey absolutely refuses to do them.

Not that I entirely disagree with him: There didn't need to be a second Mask with him.... But Ace Ventura? Only Jim can play Ace. Ace Ventura is an eccentric character; not stupid. And Jim Carrey's the only actor on Earth who can do him justice. Another actor (young or old) will just screw him up. The movie will bomb. And the character will be dead...even if Steve Oedekerk is attached. What a shame.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby Rosita » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:43 pm

You have a reason Twigggy :)
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

Postby sprousefan23 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:01 am

Yeah I agree with you there twiggsters! You CANNOT have an Ace without Jim! It's just not right! You'd have to have like, an exact duplicte of him. Which is why this Ace 3 with undoubtably tank. Unless it breaks the trend which I doubt it can.
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:13 am

Now THIS is a movie that shouldn't be made. Every movie where a character has to play the same character as Jim did, should be forbidden! :evil:

However ... when it's a little kid doing the role ... and it's a movie for kids about Ace Ventura as a kid or the son of Ace, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But no grow-up Ace please.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby sprousefan23 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:05 am

^ yeah! haha you'd be better off with a monkey making a movie about giraffes! :lol:
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jimsalltime#1fan » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:47 pm

I agree with all of the comment abut Ace Ventura 3 But The whole Point Of This movie IS to tell a Story of His Kid Joing the "family Carrer" Jim would of probably only been in the movie for the first 3 minutes
jimsalltime#1fan

Postby Twigggy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:35 am

jimsalltime#1fan wrote:I agree with all of the comment abut Ace Ventura 3 But The whole Point Of This movie IS to tell a Story of His Kid Joing the "family Carrer" Jim would of probably only been in the movie for the first 3 minutes

It'll without a doubt be about his son. And it'll also, without a doubt, bomb big-time. Nobody wants to see some teenaged/pre-teen hack onscreen making a complete ass of himself. Ace Ventura is an eccentric character: eccentric, not stupid. Although he came off as a jerk, and even silly, he made perfect sense in the end...and made everyone else look stupid and wrong. Seeing someone else play Ace, or even his son, is an abomination to cinema and the preceding movies in my eyes. Lame. Very lame. And what's more lame is the fact that hollywood hasn't learned its lesson.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby TNPihl » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:57 pm

Discussion about the new Ace Ventura movie continues in the other thread:
http://www.jimcarreyonline.com/forum/vi ... php?t=6367
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Previous

Return to Upcoming Movies