Jim Carrey Online

Jim says Ripley's is his next project,

Jim says Ripley's is his next project,

Postby g6471 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:16 am

Carrey Discusses Ripley and Horton
By Jeff Otto

Believe it or not, Jim Carrey is working with Tim Burton AND Dr. Seuss.
ReelzChannel.com was on hand at the Four Seasons in Los Angeles this afternoon to speak to the cast of New Line's upcoming thriller, The Number 23. Amongst the group was Jim Carrey, who dished on two very exciting upcoming projects.

The first project is one I'm majorly jazzed for, Tim Burton's Ripley's Believe it or Not, in which Carrey will portray the colorful Robert Ripley.

"I'm working on Ripley's Believe it or Not with Tim Burton," Carrey told press."

Ripley was know for his many bizarre discoveries, so we asked what other crazy things we might see. "Crazy things?" Carrey questioned with a laugh and his trademark toothy grin. "Yeah, it's such an incredible world to open up. He was such a champion of the underdog [and] people who were a little bit different and freakish... He was about celebrating life. He was about proving its special-ness."

Number 23 director Joel Schumacher chimed in with his thoughts on Robert Ripley: "He was very glamorous and a great womanizer... Jim showed me a lot of photos of him. He had the most beautiful Chinese girlfriends I've ever seen in my life. They all looked like Gong Li. (Laughs) A beautful dresser, a snappy dresser."

Carrey, who previously entered the Dr. Seuss world in The Grinch, returns to Seuss-ville as the voice of Horton (opposite Steve Carell, voicing the mayor of Who-ville) in another beloved Seuss classic. "At the moment, I'm doing Horton Hears a Who, the cartoon version...which is gonna be beautiful... I've always loved that, I've always loved all Dr. Seuss."

I was lucky enough to have been The Grinch... Audrey Geisel, Dr. Seuss' widow, liked what I did and asked me to do Horton. I love that idea that a person's a person, no matter how small. The idea of worlds within worlds within worlds, because sometimes I sit out in my back yard and I look at the birds and the hummingbird will come down and go flying past my head and threaten me and stuff like that and I realize that he has no respect for my deed to the land. That's his property as far as he's concerned! (Laughs)"

Stay tuned to ReelzChannel.com for more updates on these two exciting projects as more news travels down the Hollywood pipeline!
g6471
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby 123Dan123 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:55 am

Great news!
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby g6471 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:51 pm

123Dan123 wrote:Great news!

I agree. Should be intresting.
g6471
Earth Girls Are Easy

Thanks for the article on Ripley's...

Postby Canadian Jayne » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:02 pm

Glad to hear this is going to happen.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Re: Thanks for the article on Ripley's...

Postby g6471 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:23 pm

Canadian Jayne wrote:Glad to hear this is going to happen.

he is taking qiute a bit of time off. This does not start folming until late 2007/early 2008 in China.
g6471
Earth Girls Are Easy

I'm glad he's taking some time off..

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:37 pm

It was great to see the pics on Leno, when they were in the dead sea
mud, every guys(boys) to play in the mud as long as they wanted.
Sometimes you have to go back to being a kid just to be able to play.
"You go guys" I wonder what it tastes like, I don't doubt they ended up
with a little in their mouths.
I liked the idea of the double, that was a good idea. Every star should
have a double wherever they go.
China should be interesting. :D
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to (????) Ripley's Believe It or Not