Jim Carrey Online

Good news about Believe it or not. Maybe there is hope.

Good news about Believe it or not. Maybe there is hope.

Postby Retard_Messiah » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:04 pm

"Believe It Or Not", Ripley's Back

read the article here:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/061218e.php
Retard_Messiah
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Filomena » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:07 pm

I'm not a big fan of biographies, so I hope this is just a rumour. I really want to see him to do what he does best, and that's make people laugh.

Why do so many actors want to do biographies? I don't see that as acting, just as impersonating. I think they should have a new category at the awards show "And the best impersonation goes to.....!"

Come on people. Look deep inside yourself for some meaty roles. Try to bring to life a character that is fictional, and then you'll wow us all with your brilliance.
The truth shall set you free.
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby jimliker » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:09 pm

thats good that they r re-writing the script! :)

http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=18048

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

A

Postby grinchy steve » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:37 pm

I don't see why that's good news ... re-writing the script I mean. Usualy that's not a good sign. We all know that. And let's face it, Oedekerk is doing it, the man is good enough to do simple comedy's, but that's about it. Not for the big work.

I think it's good news the films is back on with Burton directing, but ... according to the articles they will less focus on the main-character more on the side-events. Nah. It sounded like a realy good film! Now I have the feeling everything can go wrong...
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby trishroberts » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:57 pm

This is what eampire had to say :-
Believe it or not, but one of the following three statements is true:
a) Jim Carrey and Tim Burton’s on-off-on-off-jesus-will-they-make-their-minds-up project, Ripley’s Believe It Or Not is back on.
b) Screenwriter, Steve Oedekerk, who directed Carrey in that comedy classic, Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, has been hired to retool the screenplay for a 2008 start
c) England – with the honourable exceptions of Monty Panesar and Kevin Pietersen – are utterly, utterly crap at cricket and should hang their heads in shame, and hand back their MBEs.

Actually, you can believe it or not, but all three statements were true. Yes, Ripley’s Believe It Or Not, which was shelved by Paramount when the budget looked like exceeding $150 million, has been put back on the Carrey and Burton to do lists.

On Burton’s, it’s just after ‘Make Sweeney Todd with Johnny Depp’, ‘Pick Kids Up From School’ and ‘buy comb’ (under which has been scribbled, ‘what’s a comb?’. On Carrey’s it’s just about discernible under numerous drawings of the number 23.

Anyhoo… it’s good news for Carrey. The comedian has had a troubled time of it lately – believe it or not, but Ripley’s Believe It Or Not was his second big-budget project to be scrapped recently by pesky studio beancounters. Used Guys, a mooted sci-fi comedy with Ben Stiller, to be directed by Jay Roach, was t’other.

Believe it or not, but Ripley’s Believe It Or Not – a surreal fantasy based on the crazy life of explorer Richard Ripley, the guy immortalised in those eponymous mini-museums/stores you find dotted around seaside resorts – was shelved after Burton/Carrey brainstorming sessions, so close to the original start date of this autumn and coupled with an expensive shoot in China, meant that the script, originally by Burton’s Ed Wood writers Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski, couldn’t be completed.

Alexander and 45 Points At Scrabble Boy have left the project, but they were today replaced by 23 Points At Scrabble Boy, Oedekerk, who has also written next summer's big comedy, Evan Almighty. China is still on the agenda for the shoot, and Paramount have targeted a 2009 release date.

Oh, and Scrabble fans, please don’t write in complaining about our estimates of Karaszewski and Oedekerk’s scoring potential – we’re just taking rough guesses. And you can believe that or not.
trishroberts
Man on the Moon

Postby 123Dan123 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:54 am

Awesome, can't waite for it! :D
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby sprousefan23 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:09 am

Yet another thing on the Carrey list to look forward to!
"No time outs. Only DEATH!"
"I don't like to brag and I won't cuz I don't have to!" Image
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

hmmmm does it have to be him?

Postby wooly » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:35 pm

great news its back on but odekirk isnt the greatest writer ace 2 was weak im not a big fan of him heres hoping anyways. :cry:
wooly
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby Jessica Bezerra Dos Santo » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:16 pm

Thats good that they r re-writing the script!!! 8) :lol: 8)
ImageImage
Jessica Bezerra Dos Santo
Batman Forever

Postby omnipresence » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:50 pm

Its not how they start but how they finish. Whatever happens I hope it does well. :D
"You Cant Stop Me No Matter Who You Are"
omnipresence
Burt Wonderstone

Postby JimCfan » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:23 am

three amazing people i amdire; Jim, Tim and Steve...
this gonna be great, even when it flops, i don't care what other people think of the movie, the discision is already made for me: it's a good movie :D
JimCfan
The Itsy Bitsy Spider

There has to be Hope for Ripley's

Postby Canadian Jayne » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:53 pm

This could be a really interesting movie,
very interesting indeed!
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to (????) Ripley's Believe It or Not