Jim Carrey Online

I have the feeling he's gonna suceed with this film.

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Postby Mia » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:01 am

I agree with fluffy. He is really good in dramatic films.
I liked "The Truman Show" the most.
I wish I could see "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind."
Mia
The Number 23

Postby Alyonushka » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:38 pm

grinchy steve wrote:I know people will react in the negative way on the previous post, but look, there is a point. Only, 'Always the same' just isn't the right way to say it, in my opinion. But I know what you mean Alyonushka.

I also have that feeling sometimes. I saw almost everything Jim Carrey did and it happens ... when I see 'Bruce Almighty' (by example) at moments I have this feeling I just know what he's going to do. That could be a voice, a move, a face or something else. It's like, at that moment, I realy know him thanks to all this movies and I think alike. I came to that point. And then there are moments I can say 'hey, he did that face before in that movie' or 'That joke is already done in Liar Liar'. But I don't see it in the negative way. For me it's the good old Jim Carrey doing his thing I'm, well, kinda used to. And he still makes me laugh. He still has this freshness around him, despite the fact it ain't all new realy. And ofcours, there's the fact he can be more unpredictable than anyone else at times. And he's one of the most unique actors/comedians out there and a big example for college's.

But ok. Much of the Jimness depends on the subject, script, character (you see Ace can do anything, Dick doesn't, because it's not that kinda movie), genre ... you know. I absolutely love his comedies, but, I also want to see him in other things. 'Eternal Sunshine', 'Man on the Moon', that are AMAZINGLY STRONG performances. And I think he can do a lot more. And yeah, I'm glad when another Jim Carrey comedy comes out, I'm even thrilled about those. But inside I just hope he get's the chance to do totaly new things.

A 'One Hour Photo' maybe, Robin Williams was amazing! 'About Schmidt', Jack Nicholson like you never saw him before (it's in those little things)

I know I might seem too straight with my thoughts. Another problem is that I am not very familiar with English, actually it's not my native language, and I can't express everything I want to say, that's why I'm not an active user of this forum.
I absolutely agree with you, you said just what i wanted to say, I didn't want you to think that I'm of a bad attitude to Jim and his play, he is my favourite actor< I think he is great, but i just want him to realize his dream, to get an Oscar. but still he had not the work for which i could say, oh damn, Jim, it is the oscar worth work!
I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad...
Alyonushka
Bruce Almighty

not his dream

Postby babygirl_lace » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:57 pm

I dont actually think Jim's dream is to get the Oscar...I think he would like it as a thank you for his work, but his dream has already been recognized as to making people laugh and doing a job of which he loves. The Oscar is not what keeps him ticking, it's a good script, a good character something that stretches his abilities... and not every script is going to stretch him too terrible far, but I think Eternal Sunshine was fabulous, and he's never done a thriler (Number23) before, so I think there is some potiential. I don't think either, that it's a big deal he remains the 'teen' choice, its good to have a kid audience, but I also think his adult audience is pretty good too. However, some adults see one of his earlier films like ACE and may not have been impressed with his style or whatever, deturing their image of him all together. I always tell people if you didn't like him in Ace, that's fine, but try Eternal Sunshine and you will see a completely different man and actor. He has the ability to do anything...I don't think he's stuck in anyone realm.
~Lex~

"No day but today!" ~RENT~
babygirl_lace
Batman Forever

in responce

Postby wooly » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:49 pm

aww come on how can you say jims films are all alike the critics said he played andy kaufman better than the real andy who else could have made the truman show a hit ?i will say that the sugar coated hollywood endings can be a bit sickly but thats not jims fault. :cry: :oops:
wooly
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby The Cerebral » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:09 pm

fluffy wrote:i just want to see him in something which pushes buttons.....and makes people realise he's so much more than 'the Mask' or 'Ace'.....

fluffy :D

I think The Number 23 will be as good as The Mask its similar to The Mask because its dealing with an object that has a big part of his life when he uses it.
Kenan Grant
The Cerebral
All In Good Taste

Postby sprousefan23 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:17 pm

yeah, but it probably won't be as comical. or comical at all for that fact. :(
"No time outs. Only DEATH!"
"I don't like to brag and I won't cuz I don't have to!" Image
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Previous

Return to (2007) The Number 23