Jim Carrey Online

Early box office predictions

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Postby MandyCarrey » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:09 pm

Hmmm im not sure. im not really good at predicting this kinda thing i dont really look to see how much they make. Hopefully it will be a big hit.. i think from what people have said about jims latest movies like lemony snicket and fun with dick and jane not being that great.. personally i thought they were great films.....but hopefully he will blow them all away with this one.. i have a good feeling! :D
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Postby Artoftiamat » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:55 am

Based on the genre, I think that it will do very well. The general public do seem to enjoy a good thriller, especially one that seems to be a mystery also.

The fact that Jim is the star will quite possibly attract people to the cinema, simply because they want to see how he can pull it off.

The people in the general public who are expecting a typical "Jim Carrey comedy" should have already learnt that he does have other strings to his bow. And he can pluck the serious strings just as well as the comedy strings.

I reckon it will do better than FWDAJ and also Lemony Snicket.
Artoftiamat
The Duck Factory

Postby KC8t80 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:21 pm

besides the movie has Jim'sname attached to it, i think the genre alone will help it at the box-office. thrillers adn horror movies have been on the rise for quite some time.....i mean even the BAD ones end up doing well.
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Previous

Return to (2007) The Number 23