Jim Carrey Online

I have the feeling he's gonna suceed with this film.

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

I have the feeling he's gonna suceed with this film.

Postby jpmadd » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:37 pm

I mean i bet it's gonna be really really good and get great reviews and have a good script. Whatever he's in it's always good. he can never let you down in a film but there were a few. Jim is the best there is!
Well good luck with that i'm gonna go now! Bruce almighty
jpmadd
Once Bitten

Postby mav » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:34 am

I like your signature line ....... :)

"And the truth shall set you free" - Jim Carrey (Liar Liar)
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby chip » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

I also have that feeling, I will like it a lot...
YEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!! :D
chip
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Postby MandyCarrey » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:04 pm

Yeah i agree with you guys theres a good feeling going on with this film.. lets just hope were right. I was the same with Eternal Sunshine.. but i still found people that found it boring and dull and it really anoyed me because its such an awesome film. Im really looking forward to seeing this! :D
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Postby grinchy steve » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:33 pm

I'm looking forwart to it. But I have this feeling that's always telling me ... Steven, calm down! We're talking about Michael Schumacher behind the camera ... and then I say; Ow, that's right. Shit. :(

The man worked with good actors, but still managed to fuck up some movies. But yeah, I think Jim Carrey will be awesome. It's also a challenging role, will people accept him in a role this dark?
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby trishroberts » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:36 pm

Yeah micheal's films keep crashing , maybe Jenson Button should take over behind the camera !
trishroberts
Man on the Moon

Postby Artoftiamat » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:06 am

Isn't it Joel Schumacher? lol!

I haven't really seen many of his films, only really Batman Forever. For obvious reasons, I really enjoyed that film. lol

I think that, at one time or another, all directors make stinkers. Some directors, ones that people always thought of as campy and rubbish, make great movies. Look at Peter Jackson. He went from Brain Dead to Lord of the Rings :)

Anyways, lets hope that Schumacher does a great job and makes a great film. We all know one thing for sure, however rubbish the directing is....Jim will give a FANTASTIC performance. He always does.

(ps. not saying brain dead is rubbish, just using it as a comparison. I think brain dead is good for what it is)
Artoftiamat
The Duck Factory

Postby trishroberts » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:30 am

I totally agree, Jim will nail it whatever....look at the Majectic....directed by the Shawshank redemtion guy, not so good film, but Jims performance was great.
trishroberts
Man on the Moon

Postby lammy » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:53 pm

I also have to agree .

This suspense thriller will be he's greates movie ever .
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Alyonushka » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:51 pm

Why are you so sure? They all expected the Majestic to be a good successful one, but it wasn't at all. The only movie critics considered a really serious and successful for the actor Jim Carrey was Eternal Sunshine. I also thought they would make V for Vendetta for example a good one, but they were not able to put all the sense to screen. I don't wanna say the number 23 will be damned but I am also not so sure. I'm just glad they didn't allow Jim to play in the da Vinci Code. That would have been weird. It is really difficult for Jim to look serious in a serious movie. He might be the first teen choice actor, but I am very afraid he will ever get the Oscar.
I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad...
Alyonushka
Bruce Almighty

Postby fluffy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:02 pm

i guess time will tell..............but whether or not 23 has big box office success i think Jims performance will be well received............

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby sianlee » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:19 am

NOOOOO Jim would have been great in the da vinci code. At least then he'd get more recignition and way more fans! I was hoping he would play it. Jim is good for everything, he's done nothing but serious roles in the past few years so I think he would have been fine at it.
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby Alyonushka » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:13 pm

Guys, don't you think he is the same almost everywhere, i mean in every role he plays? I'm not saying, he is a bad actor or something, but you know, i'm watching him for a long long period, like almost all of you i guess, but you know, i would like to see him different, different at all, like in Man on the Moon or Eternal Sunshine. Of course it is not his fault, he's trying to find his different way, but maybe his agent or his emploi always predict everything for him. the
I just thought he was not exactly what the da vinci code needed, neither tom hanks, i didn't like the movie, i'm afraid he will always be "the teens' choice".
I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad...
Alyonushka
Bruce Almighty

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:16 pm

I know people will react in the negative way on the previous post, but look, there is a point. Only, 'Always the same' just isn't the right way to say it, in my opinion. But I know what you mean Alyonushka.

I also have that feeling sometimes. I saw almost everything Jim Carrey did and it happens ... when I see 'Bruce Almighty' (by example) at moments I have this feeling I just know what he's going to do. That could be a voice, a move, a face or something else. It's like, at that moment, I realy know him thanks to all this movies and I think alike. I came to that point. And then there are moments I can say 'hey, he did that face before in that movie' or 'That joke is already done in Liar Liar'. But I don't see it in the negative way. For me it's the good old Jim Carrey doing his thing I'm, well, kinda used to. And he still makes me laugh. He still has this freshness around him, despite the fact it ain't all new realy. And ofcours, there's the fact he can be more unpredictable than anyone else at times. And he's one of the most unique actors/comedians out there and a big example for college's.

But ok. Much of the Jimness depends on the subject, script, character (you see Ace can do anything, Dick doesn't, because it's not that kinda movie), genre ... you know. I absolutely love his comedies, but, I also want to see him in other things. 'Eternal Sunshine', 'Man on the Moon', that are AMAZINGLY STRONG performances. And I think he can do a lot more. And yeah, I'm glad when another Jim Carrey comedy comes out, I'm even thrilled about those. But inside I just hope he get's the chance to do totaly new things.

A 'One Hour Photo' maybe, Robin Williams was amazing! 'About Schmidt', Jack Nicholson like you never saw him before (it's in those little things)
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:47 pm

i just want to see him in something which pushes buttons.....and makes people realise he's so much more than 'the Mask' or 'Ace'.....

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Next

Return to (2007) The Number 23