Jim Carrey Online

Virginia Madsen Talks about Number 23

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Virginia Madsen Talks about Number 23

Postby Filomena » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:56 pm

Here is an interview with Virginia about the movie, Number 23.

I'm not sure I agree with her comment "Jim was never really a standup comic, really. Jim's always's been an actor,"

I think Jim is a stand-up comic at heart, who is trying all kinds of different things to make it more interesting for himself. Comedy is his passion -- the man is a comedic genious. Is there anyone out there who can do the things that he does in the comedy field??

I honestly think acting is just an avenue for him that he's exploring so he can find fulfillment. I'm not sure if it's working or not, but he's certainly trying different roles to test it all out.

I'm looking forward to this one. Although, I get scared easily. I hope it's not one of those films that has the scary music that precedes all the suspenseful scenes. That's when I hide behind the popcorn.

Interview link: http://www.slashfilm.com/article.php/20060716223129236
The truth shall set you free.
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby KC8t80 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:54 pm

at heart Jim is still a stand-up comedian but a lot of people are going to reconigize him as an actor........considering he has done more as an actor then as a stand-up comedian.
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby chip » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:24 pm

WOW!! The more I know from the movie the more I love it!! This interview is amazing!!! The film mix realities and is darker than spected, also I see a very good role for Carrey going into madness and darkness! This is going to be special.
WOW! I CAN´T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!! :D
chip
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Return to (2007) The Number 23