Jim Carrey Online

Speaking of 23, Do you believe in fate?

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Speaking of 23, Do you believe in fate?

Postby wonderbunny » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:36 am

I've been looking forward to this flick; Do you believe in fate? Or is everything an accident?
I happen to believe everthing happens exactly how its supposed to, and we can't change the course of events, even if we try. God has a predetermine course for each of us.
wonderbunny
Lemony Snicket

Postby fluffy » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:54 pm

very much so.............but i'm not sure if god has a part in it or if it's something else............but if i dwell on it too much my brain turns to mashed potato...........lol :lol:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby KC8t80 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:05 pm

i believe so as well. but i also believe that we can control what can happen to us......God makes choices for us but we also make our own choices.
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby wonderbunny » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:51 am

Here's a thought that will be a mindbender; Does God implant the thoughts with more emphasis to test you? Freewill, contingent upon how much pressure there is to make a decision. Right vs. Wrong is pretty relative now isn't it? If God has a predetermined plan, of course he is in control of your mind. Your outcome is predetermined, you can try to alter the plan, but eventually you'll give in as the pressure/pain becomes too much and then regret.
wonderbunny
Lemony Snicket

Postby fluffy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:03 am

OOOOhh................the masher is out now.......lol....awe no!!........there's a knob of butter.......... :shock:
TOO LATE!!!..............mashed potato.............. :( :wink:

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby KC8t80 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:25 am

i guess that is true...though a bit confusing. :lol:

but what people have to realize that God just doesn't watch over or control over one person all the time.....he has to look after billions of other people.....so there are times that God is not there because he is taking care of someone else.
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:31 am

Of course...that's why I'm building the toothpick ark in my living room.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Filomena » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:06 pm

If it has to do with your work, then I think God's plan is your plan. As long as you're doing something that comes from your heart, then you're doing exactly what God wants you to do. That's how you know what you're doing is wrong or right -- how does it feel? This is really hard sometimes to clarify -- doing something that feels right, does not mean you have to do something for the right reason. In fact, doing things for the right reason can often be the opposite of what we're supposed to be doing. Because it doesn't feel right.

I do believe in destiny when it comes to soul mates. True love is so important that I believe God does have someone out there for everyone. But recognizing that person is up to us. Sometimes that person can waltz into our life, and then waltz right back out, because we chose not to be with that person due to something petty or trivial (like, he doesn't have a good job, or he smells). That's why so many people are unhappy when it comes to love. They hook up with the wrong person for the wrong reason.

And sometimes, your soul mate just has a hard time dealing with your life, and refuses to accept your life as reality. That's when God's plan doesn't matter anymore. He can't make people grow up.
The truth shall set you free.
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby Niobe » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:52 pm

I believe fate can play a part in our lives. Linking that to some kind of plan of God. That's a huge leap for me. But that's just me.

Dwelling too hard on it does bend the mind, but perhaps by dwelling on it too much you hold yourself back from doing more in your life??

Uh oh, brain twitch.... Image
Everybody should believe in something.
I believe I'll have another coffee!
Niobe
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:19 pm

Niobe wrote:I believe fate can play a part in our lives. Linking that to some kind of plan of God. That's a huge leap for me. But that's just me.

Dwelling too hard on it does bend the mind, but perhaps by dwelling on it too much you hold yourself back from doing more in your life??

Uh oh, brain twitch.... Image

#$%@#% Niobe!! Now I'm all disconfigurated....
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Niobe » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:22 pm

quirky wrote:#$%@#% Niobe!! Now I'm all disconfigurated....

Hey, I wrote it and now I'm discombobulated!
Niobe
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:23 pm

I am covered with sweat. I just did floors. 100 fuzzballs perished.
I am trying to come to terms with the massacre and then you....you...post something that requires THOUGHT!!
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Niobe » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:33 pm

Oh dear.

But thinking is good. Brainwaves are your friends. They help you decide whether to have Cheerios or cornflakes for breakfast. :wink:
Niobe
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby wonderbunny » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:20 am

Filomena wrote:-- doing something that feels right, does not mean you have to do something for the right reason. In fact, doing things for the right reason can often be the opposite of what we're supposed to be doing. Because it doesn't feel right.

Oooh, I like that. That whole goosebumps, lump in the throat, and gut feeling is so right. He lets you know inside exactly whats happening. Its learning how to read his language. Goosebumps? Thats' the Holy Spirit and that's the good stuff. Crushes, Sentimental songs, stuff like tha
wonderbunny
Lemony Snicket

Postby lammy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:16 pm

I believe that life is a mystery.
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Next

Return to (2007) The Number 23