Jim Carrey Online

Evan Almighty (without Jim Carrey)

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Postby Michele Hernandez » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:43 am

quirky wrote:dear God:

Make them STOP!

LOL
Michele Hernandez
Kick-Ass 2

Postby grinchy steve » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:35 am

I'm really curious about this one. Not because of the fact Jim Carrey was in the first, but because of the fact it looks like a good comedy. Freeman, Carell and Shadyac directing, enough reasons to watch this!
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby DANIBLU3001 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:45 pm

Bad idea, of course that Jim isn't acting in this film and i pray for this!
DANIBLU3001
Once Bitten

Postby sianlee » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:58 pm

I dunno whats happened, Jim's not starring in any movies now (besides number 23). It's just incredibly.... *insert swear word here* up.
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby gothichyppie » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:35 pm

WON'T THE SILLY SEQUELS MADNESS EVER STOP!? *yelling at the sky*
It's like Jim's popularity is used as prop! Ever seen Son Of The Mask!? Even alcohol didn't do it for me!
---[...]------
gothichyppie
Burt Wonderstone

Postby grinchy steve » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:01 pm

"My eeeeeyes! I'm blllinded!", is that what it means to be a Jim Carrey fan? I mean, hell ... "Make the Stop!" ... phu-lease. I hate the fact sometimes fans are blinded by the love for, in this case, Jim Carrey. Again, Evan Almighty isn't the same as Dumb and Dumberer or The Son of the Mask. Howecome?

Nobody is replacing the Bruce-character, so nobody is replacing Jim Carrey. It's about another character, Evan Baxter. Steve Carell is playing Evan Baxter. Steve Carell who is a great comedian and a fine actor. (Little Miss Sunshine) So this time, nobody is trying to be Jim Carrey. No need to be worried. This is about a character that has nothing to do with Bruce Nolan, Bruce is out of the picture.

This actually means that it can be a whole other comedy, and a good one actually. It's not a sequel or prequel, it's more like a spinn off. We still have Tom in the house as a director (writer) and you know, He has done some good flicks without Jim starring them. It's a good director who knows his stuff, with or without Jim Carrey. Further, we have Morgan Freeman again, great actor, he doesn't need Jim around him to be great or something like that. And then there's the stor, it's something totally new, not building on the previous film, so what's the fuzz about?

Complete new story, complete new film, complete new chances. A respected comedic actor that isn't trying to be Carrey but brings his own humor in the flick. Again, a complete new result can grow out of that. A fine director directing and the return of the great Morgan Freeman as God. You know, when they are doing 'Bill Almighty', (starring Will Ferrell), it would be a whole other movie, with nothing to relate with Jim. This is the same. Why can't you guys see that?

I'm also sorry for the fact this post might sound a bit unfriendly. :D I'm just a little bit frustrated about the whole "Jim isn't in it, let's bash the thing!" attitude. I would agree with that when they are doing Ace Ventura Returns without our dude, but this is a whole other situation. Love ya, peace and all. :wink:
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby carreypunkrawker » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:08 pm

WELL SAID!
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby omnipresence » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:45 pm

I'd be happy to watch any film with Steve Carell in it.
I just think that a lot of people wont like it because they are gutted that it dosent have Jim in it.

Heres an example. As some of you will probably know Im a great fan of the TV show Monk. At the end of series three Adrian Monk's nurse leaves. I just couldnt bring myself to watch it when the new nurse came on. This lasted for months :lol: Thats what I think some people will do.
"You Cant Stop Me No Matter Who You Are"
omnipresence
Burt Wonderstone

Postby quirky » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:06 pm

mean, hell ... "Make the Stop!" ... phu-lease

I hope you realize the post was tongue in cheek...

Dear god: (these movies are about God)
Make them stop....

Ultimately it shouldn't matter to anyone what they do.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Happygal » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:54 am

Ok, I understand that the movies are completely diferent stories, but still! I mean the only reason they are making the next movie is because of Jim. Why should they make another movie if Jim isn't even in it. It makes no sence. If you ask me its a big rip off. But like I said before, I do understand that they are different stories.
One person's craziness, is another person's reality. ~ Tim Burton
Happygal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:08 pm

That's the thing. They aren't doing a "sequel" because of Jim. The fact Jim isn't in the picture is the clearest proof of that! You must know it was Shadyac himself that wanted to do this WHOLE NEW idea, with or without Jim. In fact Shadyac said it would be great of other stories made the screen also, with every time another comedic actor. It wouldn't make sense if this film was called Bruce Almighty 2 and someone else was playing Bruce. And you understand it's going to be another story (with the result it's going to be a whole other movie) but still you call it a ripp-off? Well, thát makes no sence in my oppinion. Bruce is God for a week and has almighty powers. Evan is in the situation were he must be the new Noah ... hmmmm, what a ripp-off.

I'm rubbin' my invincible beard. (and I don't know if it's right written :p )
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Happygal » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:51 pm

I didn't mean to affend anyone, I was just giving my honest oppinion.
Happygal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Jimenem » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:00 pm

Jim isn't in it, let's bash the thing! :wink:
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Happygal » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:50 pm

I'm with you all the way.
Happygal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:54 pm

Did I sound a bit over the top? I'm sorry. :) I know you just were givin' your oppinion. And although i dissagree, I respect it.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Movies