Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index Welcome Members

JCO's 10th anniversary

This is the forum for members of the message board. Introduce yourselves or wish each other Happy Birthday.

JCO's 10th anniversary

Postby TNPihl » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:18 pm

By Lars Bräuer
(Creator of JCO)

Wow, unbelievable... 10 years passed so quick and so many things changed but JCO is still there and
of course up to date, not like many other sites on the web. ;) So first and most important of all,
my deepest thanks go out to Monica, BCDavis, Heather, Tommy and of course all past, present and
future correspondents.

I can't remember the exact time, but add another year to the 10 years JCO is there, that must be the
time I've seen my first Jim Carrey movie "Ace Ventura - Pet Detective". I was stunned by that
performance just like many other millions before. Right after that I had to get any other Jim Carrey
movie available at that time.

It was about that time I was learning HTML and starting to write my first web pages. After helping a
friend from the US translating his Sandra Bullock fan site into German, I decided to create my very
own fan page about Jim Carrey, of course.

The very first site design was very basic. It was a white page with a few simple buttons, containing
only little information. I don't have a screenshot of the design, but fortunately I have a printout
somewhere. I'll scan that and put it online for y'all to see, as this is really a part of internet
history now. ;) Soon after that I made a new layout which lasts till today. This sure is a very long
time.

Anyway. It was a lot of work to do adding all the sections to the site and keeping them up to date.
Monica from Portugal was the first to join me. She did a hell of a job writing a lot of articles and
content. After 1998 my real life kept me really busy, so Monica became editor-in-chief managing the
every day growing site for many years. BCDavis also joined the team. After Monica had to quit,
BCDavis was the one taking care of the site. Heather joined JCO as L.A. correspondent. She managed
to get an interview with Jim for JCO.
After a while BCDavis had to quit too, but fortunately Tommy from Denmark was there to become the
new head of JCO and he's still taking very good care of the site.

Without these people JCO wouldn't be there anymore - for sure. I know there are a lot more people
involved in JCO today. As I'm only in the background, I don't know most of the people involved. I
should defintely change this. Thanks go out to our present correspondents Angelika, Cotton,
Claartje, Grinchy Steve, Juliette, Nicola, Priya and Wesley.

Ok, since this is JCO's 10th anniversary, let me tell you a little secret: I'm currently working on
a new and fresh layout for JCO. As my time is very limited I'm doing my best, but I can't tell you
an exact release date right away or show you any screenshots yet.

So let's just hope JCO will be there for another 10 years.
Last edited by TNPihl on Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:24 pm

Congratulations Lars! And thanks for creating the site!
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:45 pm

Great stuff Lars, it's a priviledge to be part of the team..........
here's to the new site and the next 10 years.........
fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby mav » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:09 pm

You did a great job Lars! Looking forward to the new site design!
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Eskarpin » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:19 pm

Thanks to create this site and thanks to all those that cause that this site continues working and is wonderful =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Eskarpin
Kick-Ass 2

Postby MarleneVerde » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:47 pm

!0 years!!!!????WOW!!! :shock: Congratz!
MarleneVerde
The Mask

Postby fluffy » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:57 pm

lol.........it doesn't feel as though the net has been around that long....... :wink:

the old Atari.........all you could play was ping pong and pac man........lol..... :lol:..........the net is a truely wonderful thing, :wink:

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Niobe » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:05 am

"Oh my goodness!! Ten years???"

I'm amazed, thrilled and grateful all at once. Long may JCO continue and a big thanks to all, past and present, who have kept it going!

=D>
Everybody should believe in something.
I believe I'll have another coffee!
Niobe
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby JT Carrey » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:11 am

fluffy wrote:Great stuff Lars, it's a priviledge to be part of the team..........

as I was scrolling, I thought this was a fist flying through space at first lol I'm strange haha

Yay Lars, thanks for the site and all that! I thought it was longer than 10 years but I guess that's cuz I've met so many cool people from this site and it feels like I've known them forever! Maybe the next ten years will have Jim being a poster here ;)
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Michele Hernandez » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:38 am

fluffy wrote:Great stuff Lars, it's a priviledge to be part of the team..........

Party Time!!
Michele Hernandez
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Clemmy » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:21 am

Hear hear!

Congratulations Lars, and thanks for creating such a wonderful site... :P
"Friend is a second self." -- Aristotle
Clemmy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby shelby » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:44 am

WOW!!! ten years, thats great, congrats goes to lars for making these the coolest page on the internet, if it wasn't for these page, i would probably never would get on the internet, in fact, i didn't even have the internet or even a computer until i found these page back in 99.

i was in school playing around on the school's computers and found these great page. i went home that day, and begged my parents for a computer and the internet. around christmas of that year, my parents got me a computer and the internet, they said it was for me to use it for school, but i used it mostly looking up Jim Carrey things. :D

its now been 6 going on 7 years since then and now everday, when i get on the internet, jimcarreyonline is the first web page i go to, and it is the last page i go to before i get off for the night. so thanks lars, for making these great page. :D
shelby
shelby
High Strung

Postby jimlover » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:53 am

Congratulation Lars and everyone from the JCO.Wishing You (evryone on JCO)a Very Happy 10TH ANNVERSARY. =D>
Last edited by jimlover on Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i][b]Somebody to luv me(Jim)[/b][/i]
jimlover
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby SA JCFan » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:17 am

I haven't been to this site in so long but I'm glad to have it as my homepage everyday for the past 7 years. I'm also happy to see how much it has expanded over the years and I will cherish my memories I've had with this site when I was a news correspondent.

Heh, I still have the "Man On The Moon" poster I won from the JCO chat room too! Happy 10th anniversary JCO!
SA JCFan
The Cable Guy

Postby shamaho » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:14 am

you guys are great....what a tribute to one of the greatest performers of our time, and we all get to enjoy it together. this site will be around for generations...! JC rules!!
shamaho
The Truman Show

Next

Return to Members