Jim Carrey Online

This is the time for the Oscar!

This is the time for the Oscar!

Postby chip » Wed May 24, 2006 2:50 pm

I think with early 2007 Number 23 people will talk about Carreys talent and then in December the release of a wonderful biopic with Tim Burton. 2007 is the year of the first nominated Carrey!! Don´t you think?
Excuse my english, I´m spanish...
chip
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Postby quirky » Wed May 24, 2006 3:27 pm

Welcome to the board.
Your English is great!
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby mav » Wed May 24, 2006 4:33 pm

Yeah, it would be great

....it's what mANy talk about though and Jim and Oscar in the same sentence makes me Image
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Wed May 24, 2006 6:01 pm

lol.........sneeze????? :shock:

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Wed May 24, 2006 7:10 pm

Bless you Mav!
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby KC8t80 » Fri May 26, 2006 5:21 am

quiet possibly....yes....he will either get nominated or actually win one. my bet is on the Ripley movie
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Fri May 26, 2006 10:44 am

lol...........hopefully yes........lol......i guess it all depends on the movie though...........i wouldn't want to jinx the movie B4 it's even made.......lol

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Fri May 26, 2006 12:41 pm

I just hope he'll get a nomination and win one day. Mostly the Burton films don't make the 'Best Actor' categories because the visual things dominate. Not even Big Fish and everyone loved it. 23 is out of the question I think. My quess, it's simply a thriller directed by Joel, those films (great performance or not) don't make it either.

Perfectly roles in perfectly films to get nominated are 'Truman Burbank' in 'The Truman Show' en most of all -really don't understand what happened there!- his brilliant performance as 'Andy Kaufman' in 'Man on the Moon'. But okey, the chance is there he get's nominated for a "less great" roll, look what happend with Johnny Depp. Did GREAT things and then finally gets a nomination for Jack Sparrow, what the heck.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Fri May 26, 2006 12:47 pm

i'm really interested in 23 though...........i have such a feeling about that one :wink: ........Schumacher aside...........Jim has such depth and ability..........even if it doesn't get the gong, if it opens some eyes to his abilities he'll have succeeded.........

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Linda Marin » Fri May 26, 2006 4:18 pm

Jim is gonna have to endure a looooong wait before he is going to be taken seriously by the 'Academy'. ie other actors who judge whether a performance is worthy. :roll:

Tom Hanks was left in limbo for many years before 'Philadelphia'. Jim may have to go through the same.

Dont get me wrong - I hope he doesnt!!! I just hope he finally gets an award for something really good - not just a consolation "Oh its time you got one" Al Pacino style Award.

Comedians are made to pay such a huge penance before they are accepted as an actual, serious Actor. He's already made many films that would otherwise be a shoe-in for the Oscars - if they were done by 'real' actor, of course! Makes me mad and bitter. :evil:

I still cant fathom why comedy is considered such a low art?

I think other actors are just threatened...as its truly a gift. You either got it or you dont, baby!
Linda Marin
Pink Cadillac

Postby fluffy » Fri May 26, 2006 6:23 pm

I still cant fathom why comedy is considered such a low art

and yet technically it can be much harder, timing is everything........

lol...and yet even across the pond we consider the classical traditions of British acting superior ...........lol.........for example Is Dame Judy Dench not far more superior to her American counterparts??...........lol......
remember this is the land of Laurence Olivier and Richard Burton......

it's rubbish of course............but it shows the tier systems.........and the prejudices................

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Niobe » Fri May 26, 2006 9:21 pm

Jim doesn't need the Academy, or recognition from them.
Everybody should believe in something.
I believe I'll have another coffee!
Niobe
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Fri May 26, 2006 9:22 pm

Niobe wrote:Jim doesn't need the Academy, or recognition from them.

That's what I say...but I've read a few places that HE wants it.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Niobe » Fri May 26, 2006 9:35 pm

Well, I have heard that too, but I don't know if he really said it, or people say he does. (I'm easily confused :lol: )

But I think he's doing himself no favours if he's aiming for an Oscar like that. If you get one, that's great; but I just think it's all pointless talk.

And I mean that with the greatest respect.
Everybody should believe in something.
I believe I'll have another coffee!
Niobe
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby chip » Fri May 26, 2006 9:49 pm

:D I think that comedy is not oscars cup of tea, and 2007 now without the ultra-comedy with Stiller and Roach, there will be two no-comedys one after another.

One in february to make people think about Jim capacity interpreting wathever he wants.

And then comes my bet. "Belive it or not" is a biopic, the wonderful cup of tea of the Oscars and I think it´s going to have an emotive end because Ripley died after a few programs for tv in the best of his career, and I think this must be in the movie. Man on the moon end was something more intellectual.
And the film will be about superation and how society can acept what was a hero, with incredibles stories but all of them proven by facts.

Interpreting a real person, with the same screenwriters of Ed Wood and Man on the moon and the Larry Flint film, I think that a nomination is a thing to think.
chip
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Next

Return to (????) Ripley's Believe It or Not