Jim Carrey Online

Method Acting....

We are always interested in hearing what you think of JCO or come with suggestions for new site features.

Postby cotton » Sat May 06, 2006 9:26 pm

fluffy wrote:lol..yep...........you are indeed..............i bow to your tabloid majesty...lol

fluffy :wink:

Yes but you have to admit I am not all tabloid. I am much more then than that. I get pics from everywhere.

I got some more japanese pics today. Vavavooooom!!!
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Sat May 06, 2006 9:28 pm

you are SO MUCH MORE than that hon......... :wink:

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Linda Marin » Sun May 07, 2006 4:32 pm

Ok...have to say it.

There is no point to this website or the forum if we dont use material that is also sourced from ...yes, you guessed it... taboids. Look at how dead the forum and the site has been since this 'rule' has been so forcefully adhered to.

I know you seemed to be kidding around in the above posts, Cotton, but you have to understand that we come to this site (not only only because it seems to be the only JC site still really operating), but to find out what Jim is doing and to chat about what we have seen/heard about Jim (even if a rumour) with other fans. There is no other reason.

The US is the only place where a lot of the mags and shows are available. Other than that, we fans from other countries have to rely on this site for any info.

If we dont use all information available (even the 'tabloids', which now seem to get the news first and are usually right ie Jen/Brad, Brad/Angelina et al ad finitum), then we are just here talking to ourselves about ourselves....

Me, I'd much rather know what Jim is doing.
Linda Marin
Pink Cadillac

Postby mav » Sun May 07, 2006 8:46 pm

ok.....I'll give it a try too.

O Cotton, who art in Boston, I herewith request you duly and formally, out of the kindness of your heart, to grace us with the scan of 'tabloid' page pertaining to incidents occuring on the sets of the latest endeavor of Mr Carrey, namely The Number 23. I henceforth attest that this request carries not intrusion into his private lives and is purely and solely related to the movie, in the interest of his fandom.

Stick it up Cotton, or else.... heheheh
-
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Mon May 08, 2006 2:37 am

Tommy won't let me
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby Linda Marin » Mon May 08, 2006 4:44 am

Does Tommy really read these posts? If so, he would then know that there is almost no reason for any of us to come to this site anymore. And considering that this site has asked us to contribute money for its upkeep...well, I want to make sure I'm getting what I pay for. Which is all the information about Jim thats possible to get out there.

No wonder he was thinking of shutting the site down because no one visits the main page..there's nothing there to come for.

And isn't there a thing called freedom of speech? Censorship is not the way to go here.

I'm just being real here. All publicity is good publicity. If a star is not on the tabloid radar (and we dont buy them, and hence not give them a reason to focus on a star) it means their career is in steady decline and they're no longer bankable.

And we dont want to be part of THAT now do we?
Last edited by Linda Marin on Mon May 08, 2006 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linda Marin
Pink Cadillac

Postby mav » Mon May 08, 2006 3:03 pm

Oh ok, no problem cotton. I hope the article comes out in some 'respectable' mag...
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Mon May 08, 2006 5:18 pm

Linda Marin wrote:Does Tommy really read these posts? If so, he would then know that there is almost no reason for any of us to come to this site anymore. And considering that this site has asked us to contribute money for its upkeep...well, I want to make sure I'm getting what I pay for. Which is all the information about Jim thats possible to get out there.

No wonder he was thinking of shutting the site down because no one visits the main page..there's nothing there to come for.

And isn't there a thing called freedom of speech? Censorship is not the way to go here.

I'm just being real here. All publicity is good publicity. If a star is not on the tabloid radar (and we dont buy them, and hence not give them a reason to focus on a star) it means their career is in steady decline and they're no longer bankable.

And we dont want to be part of THAT now do we?

Do we want to be a part of the empty BS the tabloids print in order to sell THEIR product? I like it if I come here and see some news. I know that it's pretty reliable, because these Jim fans CARE about whether or not it's the truth.

My mom used to read any tabloid she could get her hands on. After the death of Princess Diana...I had to take a long look (although I wasn't buying any tabloids) at the influence of tabloids on people's lives AND deaths.

I admire Jim for leading a semi-private life. We don't have a RIGHT to see all kinds of pictures of what he's doing. A lot of us DON'T read tabloids and don't want JCO to devolve into that. Celebrities are STALKED and every time a tabloid flies off the shelf at the checkout...it gives them a reason to stalk celebs and even make UP stories if they've got nothing.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Mon May 08, 2006 5:50 pm

BTW - I'm sure some stuff is also PLANTED by publicists. All the world's a stage.....
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm

i think some tabloid is unavoidable...........we're saturated by the media ........i guess we just need to take a responsible, middle of the road approach..........people will read the stuff in the tabloids anyhow............and giving people a chance to discuss it here will enable us to dispell any rumours..............such as Jim's Cameo as Evans lover in Evan Almighty :shock: ...(where on earth did that one come from.....lol)
it's NOT TRUE........lol.......
anyway............i just say.......keep and open mind and be sensible.....

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby mav » Tue May 09, 2006 3:45 am

quirky wrote:Do we want to be a part of the empty BS the tabloids print in order to sell THEIR product? I like it if I come here and see some news. I know that it's pretty reliable, because these Jim fans CARE about whether or not it's the truth.
Celebrities are STALKED and every time a tabloid flies off the shelf at the checkout...it gives them a reason to stalk celebs and even make UP stories if they've got nothing.

Couldn't have said it better. Oh we're going against the tide. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!
-
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Tue May 09, 2006 3:51 am

Robert Frost
The Road Not Taken
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Linda Marin » Fri May 12, 2006 3:11 pm

Warm and fuzzies aside.. it is very true that the Star Machine that is Hollywood - and the public's access to it via the Tabloids - is definitely used and manipulated by a Star's publicists. From the Golden Age of Hollywood in the 40's right up to now it is all used to keep up the fan base.

Incidently, the term 'Fan' is derived from the word 'Fanatical'. Which is not a very nice term, but in this case it is very appropriate. We are fanatical about JC which makes us do irrational things like, sit at our computers and ogle photographs and discuss hearsay about a man we neither know, nor will ever want to know us. Because we are fanatical.

Which means there is no point is taking a theoretical high road here, when we all, really, in our heart of hearts, secretly enjoy taking the low road.

And in actual fact, hashing and re-hashing any sort of trivialities - true or not true - about a stars life is to be considered the same as that done in the Tabloids. Probably worse. The tabloid journalists get paid for doing so as its a 'job' - we sit here of our own accord, on our own time daydreaming and theorising with no real result or reward. So for all intents and purposes we are all just a bunch of 'fanatical tabloidists' ourselves, whether we like it or not.

None of us are going to get any medals or praise for being on this site and talking about this mans life. We do so because we idolise - and idealise - him completely.

Therefore, we can pretend that we are doing JC a service OR, we can shrug our shoulders and succumb to it. Dare I say, even ...revel.. in it?!
Linda Marin
Pink Cadillac

Postby Linda Marin » Fri May 12, 2006 3:15 pm

BTW - I understand your grief regarding Di, but it was actually a hit and not a paparazzi induced accident. Too much foul play...
Linda Marin
Pink Cadillac

Postby quirky » Fri May 12, 2006 3:18 pm

but it was actually a hit and not a paparazzi induced accident

Cite your source? Wait...no....nevermind.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

PreviousNext

Return to Site / Forum Discussion