Jim Carrey Online

Will Jim Carrey be a presenter at the Oscars?

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Postby joy » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:17 pm

I agree with Cheryl Anna,he should have a little more class than that.It`s one thing not to go to the Oscars because you don`t care about them,but Jim obviously wants an Oscar so he`s being a bit of a sore loser.
joy
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All

Postby mrsjec17 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:04 pm

A sore loser? I don't think so! The academy ignored him 4 times now and up until now he has been a good sport about it. He watched Ed Harris get nominated for The Truman Show and the movie get up for best picture and everyone else get nominated for playing real people, but when he did it as Andy Kaufman he got ignored, now Kate got up for Eternal Sunshine and not him, it's just not right. I think he is totally right for not going. In fact I'm glad he's not going because that would be the only reason I'd watch it anyway and now I don't have to bore myself for three hours just wating for him to present a stupid award. You go Jim! Thanks for sitting this one out! Screw the academy! There are some people out there who do appreciate you and your talent, it's just not them. It's people like us, your loyal fans.
mrsjec17
The Truman Show

Postby Gouliovandamn » Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:28 am

Amen.
Gouliovandamn
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby Cheryl Anna » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:49 pm

Tonight, I am going to make a bowl of popcorn, sit in my wheelchair (progressive genetic physical handicap since I was 17-see www for info.) or curl up on the couch, and watch the Oscars. I have since I was a little kid. I just love it-wait for it all year.
Cheryl Anna
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby Gouliovandamn » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:54 pm

yeah i watch the oscars everyyear regardless of who is nominated/isnt nominated..... i just love making my pics and trying to get the most right.... my records is 22 correct in 2002....
Gouliovandamn
Horton Hears a Who!

PERHAPS IF....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:20 pm

What if Bob Hope did boycott the Oscars, maybe they would have
recognized he deserved it.
Bob Hope was fantastic, he did a great job for the troops, can you
imagine "You're at death's door and the last thing that happens is you have a real good laugh" what a way to go.
Some survived, some not during war time. But those who did survive
will remember that Bob Hope took time out of his schedule to share a
little bit of humour. I say that is admirable.
Realistically thinking, 4 hours is a long time to sit withouth the comfort of a nice couch, chips, water, snooze throught those you don't want to see
perk up when you see someone you do. I think Jim did OK with this.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Previous

Return to Stop The Press!