Jim Carrey Online

Oscar - Nominee List

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Postby athena2243 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:58 am

I'm glad that Lemony Snicket and Eternal Sunshine got nominated but I'm upset Jim Carrey was not. He was great in Eternal Sunshine and Lemony Snicket. I think the Academy picks who they want.
LETS ROCK THIS JOINT.........
athena2243
The Duck Factory

Postby Cheryl Anna » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:17 am

I was so hoping that he would be nominated. He was "Joel" in Eternal Sunshine OF THE SPOTLESS MIND. He was perfect.
Well, someday he will be nominated for an Academy Award and win. He is so great an actor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
**************And if the Academy Awards nominations were up to me-he would have already won.
Cheryl Anna
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby FavaBeans » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:47 am

Its almost as if you have to portray a real life person or historical figure to get a Best Actor Nomination....

3 of the 5 nominees are performances of real life people, like Jamie Foxx/Ray Charles; Leo Dicaprio/Howard Hughes; and Don Cheadle/I don't know the guys real name.

The Academy really needs to start thinking outside the box!

Needless to say I'm pissed Jim wasn't nominated. I'm not watching! (I will if Jim presents... :D)
FavaBeans
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby joy » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:08 am

If ESOTM would have been released later Jim would have had more chances.,but don`t worry as soon as he gets nominated he`ll win an Oscar because that`s how the Academy works.
joy
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All

Postby jimlover » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:19 pm

I agree with all of you here.jJim should be nominated.But they once again ignored him as they did to him before thrice .Its really ridiculas.I never support this type of injudgement from academy and everyone should not.I hate to call him comedian b'coz he is a complete actor.He is world's best actor who can do every kind of role very well.Academy dont know how to honour someone who is really worthy to get Oscar.I hate oscar. :twisted: They are really mad.They suck.They should be punished. :evil: :x :twisted:
[i][b]Somebody to luv me(Jim)[/b][/i]
jimlover
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Edward Nygma » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:42 pm

:shock:

Outrageous! Clint Eastwood was nominated for best actor and not Jim????
What the hell? the guy is like a billion years old and practically robotic! Plus, he already has like a gazillion Oscars! Jim has none!
I hate the academy, screw them!
Also, it is a bit convenient that Clint Eastwood got nominated since he was a member of the Academy himself I believe. tssss
Oscars, Schmockscars!
Mister E. (aka Cablo Gula)

http://cablogula.tripod.com
Edward Nygma
The Truman Show

Postby CinnamonGirl » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:41 pm

FavaBeans wrote:Its almost as if you have to portray a real life person or historical figure to get a Best Actor Nomination....

3 of the 5 nominees are performances of real life people, like Jamie Foxx/Ray Charles; Leo Dicaprio/Howard Hughes; and Don Cheadle/I don't know the guys real name.

The Academy really needs to start thinking outside the box!

Needless to say I'm pissed Jim wasn't nominated. I'm not watching! (I will if Jim presents... :D)

Actually its 4 out of 5 -- Johnny Depp portrayed the author of Peter Pan.

Sadly, I'm not surprised by the lack of a nom for Jim. The academy tends to reward more "showy" roles, and Joel was a more more introspective character.
CinnamonGirl
Simon Birch

Postby musicnmoviesgal » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:04 pm

samurai_cable wrote:
musicnmoviesgal wrote:my feeling on this as to why the Academy passed up such talent ONCE AGAIN is cuz they probably feel if they did nominate Jim and he did WIN that he would basically take run of the show and make the Academy look bad becuz Jim's got the reputation of goofing off.

EXACTLY!! Just because Jim did comedies before, it doesn't mean he can't be recognised for his serious roles!! grrr..... :evil:

ok im not sure if you were making that comment against me or if you were agreeing with me, lol.. i LOVE Jim, and i think it's a sin the Academy hasn't recognized his serious roles...i think it's pathetic...
Last edited by musicnmoviesgal on Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
musicnmoviesgal
Copper Mountain

Postby Lana » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:08 pm

When I heard the nomination and Jim Carrey not getting one I was shocked and got angry, and after a while I remembered a quote for Jim Carrey: " Failure taught that failure isn't the end unless you give up" so I hope you don't get sad or disappointed cause you are gonna get one one day, I know it cause you really deserve it .So all you have to do is to think of the future and do more movies like ESOTSM.
Charades , pop skill , Water hyacinth , named by a poet. Imitation of life.
>>>>tangerine<<<<
Lana
Dumb & Dumber

Postby musicnmoviesgal » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:12 pm

FavaBeans wrote:Its almost as if you have to portray a real life person or historical figure to get a Best Actor Nomination....

whats funny is Jim DID protray a real life person in Man On The Moon and we all thought for sure he would've gotten recognized for that and he was passed up for that too...I dont think it matters how serious Jim gets right now or who he portrays in ANY movie, the Academy has proven that once again for the 4th time.
musicnmoviesgal
Copper Mountain

Postby carreyd away » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:12 am

Lynne Margulies wrote:I had such high hopes for this year. I was watching Eternal Sunshine the ohter night and was telling my friends that I would just be happy if he was nominated. I know he would not have won. He would have been up against the "golden boy" jamie fox. But i would have loved to woke up this morning and heard or seen his name.
It really breaks my heart. He is so talanted and the freakin politics of the Acadmey gets in the way everytime.
I KNOW that is all it is...they have some personal thing against him and that stops them from rewarding his talent!

Hey Lynne, haven't you been through this before when they ignored The Man on the Moon? Bastards! How the hell do these people rate talent anyway? Beats the hell out of me...

The Academy is made of fellow actors and industry insiders. I think they are all jealous of his box office draw and his mega buck salary. Maybe it's because he doesn't showboat himself and attend all the "cool parties." I also agree that it's harder for comedians to get recognized, they've shunned Steve Martin as well but he doesn't have half the acting chops that Jim does. Jamie Foxx is the "it boy" he will get it for sure. Isn't it funny that Jamie does a bio-pic of Ray Charles and is awarded but when Jim did the bio-pic of Andy Kaufman he was ignored? Jamie Foxx did do an excellent job on this movie, but I think he will never be able to top this performance. I know Jim still has alot of great roles yet to play so he will get another chance. It's absolute bullsh*t that the only nom for ESOTSM was for Kate (yeah, she deserves it) and Screenplay. Charlie Kaufman is a genius screenwriter. Michel Gondry's style is so unique I noticed that someone copied his White Stripes Video for some crap car advert.

Outrageous! Clint Eastwood was nominated for best actor and not Jim????

Didn't this movie come out like a week ago? How can a movie that wasn't released to the public by the end of the year make it for 2004? I know they have some sneaky loopholes but it's just like high school popularity contests. The cool people have all the friends who start the buzz and the sheep follow.

Isn't it funny how Jim always wins the People's Choice Awards (voted by fans) and is ignored by his peers? I think they should get a clue and quit being so lame about their choices.
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby musicnmoviesgal » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:06 pm

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH!!! clint eastwood's movie doesn't even come out until tomorrow, January 28th!! has anybody noticed this yet? the academy has officially nominated a movie that hasn't even been viewed to the public yet...those jacka$$e$!! and yes i know the academy views these movies well in advance, but they have to nominate a movie that the viewing crowd may or may not like? there's DEF something fishy about this situation. and the movie somehow won 2 golden globes already...GOD i hate award shows, excpet for the people's choice, at least we get the choice of choosing who WE want to win.
musicnmoviesgal
Copper Mountain

Postby carreyd away » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:18 am

Yeah, I know. That's what I meant by "loopholes" All they have to do it get a limited release by showing it in New York or L.A. before the end of the year. That includes film festivals. They don't want to wait until the next year as the "buzz" is happening now and the voters A.D.D. forgets anything from the beginning of the year. I know if ESOTSM was released in October it would be nominated all over the place but since it came out in March it is already forgotten. I'm surprised they remembered Kate but she's "hot" right now.
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby samurai_cable » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:41 am

Re musicnmoviesgal: I'm agreeing with you :D

.... this is so unfair.... Jim will get there one day, just wait and see... and then I'll go, "In your face Oscars!!" :P
"I decided that I wanted to make movies that would uplift people." - Jim Carrey
samurai_cable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Postby mrsjec17 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:54 am

Ok, I have to vent about this. A few days have passed so I am calmer than I was on Tuesday.

First of all, I was not expecting Jim to be nominated. I watched the announcement Tuesday morning only because I had to get up for class anyway. If I wouldn't have had class, I would have stayed in bed because I didn't expect him to get up. But a girl can always remain hopeful right? I am always hoping that the f*****g academy will prove me wrong but they never do. When I saw Jim wasn't up I of course was disappointed but again not surprised. I made my peace with it like I did three times before. But then three things made me very mad and here's what they are:

1) Kate Winslet is nominated. Ok, I agree with you all that she was good and deserved it, but SHE WAS NOT BETTER THAN Jim!!!!! She was playing the Jim Carrey role, she said it herself. The fact that they would even consider her after snubbing him just ticks me right off. She is an academy darling though so go figure.

2) ILC alumn Jamie Foxx got two nods. Give me a break! Who would have ever thought Wanda would be up for an Oscar? I'm sorry but every time I look at him that's what I think of. He had one good cinamatic year and bam he gets two nods? What the heck? Ok, I'm sure he deserved one for Ray and everyone is going to flip if he doesn't win it, so we all know that he is going to. But Collateral? I'll never figure that one out. How hard is it to play a guy who is terrified of a madman? That role has been played so many times before and I didn't see those people getting up for Oscars. And back to Ray, Jamie used to imatate Ray Charles all the time on ILC. I thought when you were that good at imatating people that didn't count as good acting. That's what they said when Jim was snubbed for Man on the Moon anyway.

3) Clint Eastwood in the acting category? That was Jim's spot and they know it. I'm sick of people hogging two categories. They put him up for director fine, but don't put him up for actor too. He is such a stiff actor anyway. The only roles he is good at are tough guy roles like Dirty Harry. He is a much better director, plus he had his day anyway, give someone else a chance! Then the media tickes me off saying that spot should have went to Paul Giamatti. Isn't Sideways a comedy? I didn't think they liked comedies, oh that's right I'm sorry, they only like comedies that don't have Jim in them. The media is not even making a big deal that he got snubbed, all I keep hearing is "poor Paul Giamatti." I guess they are just used to Jim being snubbed.

Well, I have said it before and I'll say it again. The academy SUCKS! They would not know a good movie or performance if it bit them in the butts! They need to get over whatever it is they hate about Jim and move on. If I was him I would tell them to screw it. I hope he doesn't go and present. He probably will though because he is so nice. He is not bitter like me. I'm sure it has to hurt him deep down though. He is just not showing it. It has to bother him. They just seem to do it on purpose. They nominate everybody but him, and he works so hard. I mean what's right is right. Give credit to where credit is due people! Well what do you expect from a bunch of people who are too afraid to even put a movie about Jesus up for best picture? That's Hollywood for you in all it's corruptness. Screw them all! Jim doesn't need an oscar. He is too good for it. He knows his fans appreciate him and that's all that matters. I am never watching that stupid award show again. I just wish everyone would stop making a big deal about it. It's just a show for butt kissing actors. It doesn't matter if they can act or not. It's all political and corrupt and if I was Jim I would want nothing to do with it!

Ok, I guess I haven't cooled off yet, but I have said what I feel. I am just sick of the big deal people make about these stupid awards. In the back of my mind I kept hoping they would prove me wrong about them but they haven't. I don't think Jim will ever be recognized for his work by them, so you can all stop hoping for it. I don't care whether any of you agree with me or not but that's how I feel.

Melanie
mrsjec17
The Truman Show

PreviousNext

Return to Stop The Press!