Jim Carrey Online

Oscar - Nominee List

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Postby samurai_cable » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:48 am

Exactly... the worth of an oscar drops so low because of this.

They don't appreciate those who truly need to be appreciated.

Jim's too good for the Oscars; he doesn't need one!

So take that! Stupid Oscars!!
"I decided that I wanted to make movies that would uplift people." - Jim Carrey
samurai_cable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Postby thecablegal » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:02 pm

I'm annoyed that he wasn't nominted for his role as Joel! It is one of his best performances to date.
thecablegal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby musicnmoviesgal » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:14 pm

The Oscars IMHO base all their votes on popularity...Yet Jim is sooooo popular and one of the top most paid actors in hollywood cuz he's THAT good. but i know the man doesn't let all the money he makes get to his head and that's something that most actors out there nowadays do, is let the money take run of their lives. I remember way back in the day when one of his other serious roles was snubbed an Oscar and fans wanted to boycott the Academy. I'm sick of the media constantly noting how a select few actors got snubbed this year and not ONCE did they mention Jim. Does the media GO to the movies? I don't care if Jim never gets an Oscar, IMO, the fans devotion to him and giving him praise, and going to see his movies and buying his merchandise is an award. The Oscars are so overrated and if the Academy changed their name to something else and handed out a different type of award, it would change the face of Hollywood. And why would a movie HAVE to be as they put it all the time "Oscar worthy"? What the f*** is that, Oscar Worthy. I'm venting too, lol...ahhh now i feel a little better!

If only the Academy could see this thread now...it prolly wouldn't make a damn bit of difference, but IF ONLY they could just understand how obvious this is...
musicnmoviesgal
Copper Mountain

Postby athena2243 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:05 am

:
:(

I don't know what is wrong with the Academy. They should give credit where credit is due. I know they don't like Jim but that should not influence their decision. I'm definatelly boycotting the so-called Awards!!!!! :( :(
athena2243
The Duck Factory

Postby willsmithandjimcarreyfan » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:24 am

The academy SUCKS big time, it's become a joke and they've lost all credibility on my book. I was so certain this year would be it and yet again they've let Jim and his fans down =D> well done Oscars...
willsmithandjimcarreyfan
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby Conor » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:26 pm

dude that sucks way too bad to ignore.
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Academy Award results

Postby Christinebean2u » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:47 pm

:D
Last edited by Christinebean2u on Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christinebean2u
The Duck Factory

Jim's only Oscar hope!!!

Postby Gouliovandamn » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:32 am

The only way the Academy will ackowledge Jim Carrey with an Oscar is if he gives his ego a rest. Don't get me wrong, I am possibly the biggest Jim Carrey fan in the world, but I also know a great deal about the Academy of Mothion Pictures. By "giving his ego a rest" I simple mean that Jim will not win his first Oscar by doing a lead role. Also, he will not win an Oscar by doing a comedic role. For Jim Carrey to win an Oscar he is going to have to do it as a supporting actor in a serious (meaning not comedic at all [ex. the riddler was a supporting role but it WAS comedic]) role. By doing that he would show the Academy that he is capable of stepping out of his element (lead comedic roles) and do a great performance as a serious supporting character. This would prove to the Academy members that he is an actor and not some stupid comedian who most of the members believe him to be. So I will say it again, if Jim Carrey continues to do lead comedic roles (ESOTSM was a serious role but the movie is considered a comedy) he will never win an Oscar, he must take on a 100% serious supporting role in order to win the Oscar he should have won for "Man on the Moon." (I understand that MOTM was a lead comedic role in which he should have won, but the Academy does not like to recognize comedy performances).[/code]
Gouliovandamn
Horton Hears a Who!

Academy Award results

Postby Christinebean2u » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:08 am

:D
Last edited by Christinebean2u on Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christinebean2u
The Duck Factory

Postby Alex » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:22 pm

Well , well, well...I heard about this incredible thing , i heard about Oscar's nominations...First I have to say that I'm french , i live in Paris and I can say that every movie's fans are shocked by Jim Carrey not to be nominated for ESOTSM... We didn't understand why he wasn't nominated for Truman show and also for MOTM but now...NOW! I mean that he was incredible in that role , I saw the goldens globes on TV and the french's comentators were saying that it was a wonderful performance by Jim ...Ok , even if he hab been nominated jamie foxx would have the oscar but a nomination ...he deserved it.
I think too that to have an oscar he must have a supporting role in a movie as the academy is to proud of her to give him an award for a leading role at that moment ..But as he is recognized in USA ,Europe and all the world he will have one ...But we all know that even without oscar Jim is the best . He can be evrything in a movie thanks to his talent . For example robert de niro is a great actor but his acting is still the same in his movie , Jim is able to change evrything to BE the character and for that he is the one..

alex :!:
Alex

Postby Gouliovandamn » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:08 pm

i totally agree... like i said before he needs to do a supporting role in order to win an oscar
Gouliovandamn
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby quirky » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:59 pm

Kate Winslet's performance was that good, in part...because she was bouncing it off Jim's performance.

For me, the closest he's ever gotten to an Oscar nod is "Man On the Moon", but the academy is whimsical.

There is time. In the meantime, I hope he takes on roles because he loves the message of the film and he wants to be a part, not because it might finally "net" him that Oscar.

In his own words, from Oscar 1999 (Man on the Moon Year)

As Jim Carrey tearfully said that night: "It's an honor just being nomin...Oh crap."

ROFL!
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Gouliovandamn » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:38 pm

hahahaha that is the funniest quote i have ever read!!
Gouliovandamn
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:52 pm

I think it's crap that Kate Winslet was nominated for the Oscar for Eternal Sunshine and Jim not. I don't like this movie but if she shall get an Oscar he should also get one. Either noone or both (or only him, hehe).

Yesterday I saw the "Goldene Kamera", a similar show like the Oscar one. There were also many stars from Hollywood like for example Bruce Willis and I think Dustin Hoffman was also there. But I wonderded why Jim wasn't there :evil: :evil: .
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Gouliovandamn » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:36 am

yeah i honestly dont understand why kate winslet is getting so much recognition for esotsm when Jim acted just as good (if not better) than she did.... she fed off of him so why is she getting all the praise and he is not... its not fair how the academy chooses to ignore his talent year after year.
Gouliovandamn
Horton Hears a Who!

PreviousNext

Return to Stop The Press!