Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey Defends Tracy Morgan Anti-Gay Rant

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Jim Carrey Defends Tracy Morgan Anti-Gay Rant

Postby jimliker » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:08 pm

im Carrey is coming to Tracy Morgan's aid after the comedian caused outrage last week by making several anti-gay jokes during a standup routine in Nashville, Tennessee.

During that routine, Morgan said he would kill his son if he learned that he was gay. The outrageous comments upset gay rights groups like GLAAD who demanded an apology from the 30 Rock star.

Jim Carrey tells RumorFix that sometimes comedian can get lost on stage, putting their own foot in their mouths. "It's an odd thing comedy - especially when you're up in a club and you're looking for stuff and searching [for material]. Sometimes you let your darker side out of the box."

Carrey adds that in the modern world, information is facilitated across the globe in seconds. Consequently, you have to be careful with what you do and say in public. "It used to be that you could spew anything out that was in your subconscious somewhere and you'd form it later, but nowadays, everyone is on camera all the time."

With this sort of inter-connectedness, Carrey says we should all be mindful of our actions. "I'm going to revise the Andy Warhol thing - it's going to be everyone is going to have 15 minutes of fame and a lifetime of humiliation and ridicule.

As for his thoughts on Morgan, "I don't think he really feels his way, but I hope if he does, he'll rethink his thinking."

Watch the clip here:

http://rumorfix.com/full-entry/2011/6/1 ... -rant.html

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to Stop The Press!