Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

Canada wins the World Ice Hockey championship......

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

Canada wins the World Ice Hockey championship......

Postby fluffy » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:31 am

I've never seen ice hockey before :shock:............we don't do it in the UK........
But Bloody hell!!..............it's SOOOOO violent...........i'm surprised they have any teeth left at all........ :shock:

I played hockey at county level but it was grass hockey.........y'know girlies in Gym skirts running up and down hockey pitches and thumping each other with sticks...............lol :lol:
and it's ruined any chance i have at golf...............my balls don't go up.........they shoot along the fairground, close to the ground at around 200mph.................like bullets.............lol..........ankles watch out!!!...lol

So has anyone here played ice hockey and lost any teeth or broken any bones??...........and surely battering each other qualifies as a foul...........?....
well i was an ice hockey virgin till tonight..............lol..........it's the slippery slope down now.........(groan...............lol)

Fluffy :P
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Filomena » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:24 pm

I've never played hockey, but I used to spend alot of time during my formative years watching it on tv.

My cousin was a big Philadelphia Flyers fan, and whenever we'd go over, hockey was on.

The odd time I'll put it on tv now, because it's such a big thing here in Canada. But between me, you and the lamp post, I could live without it. Too much violence, and not enough sport in it anymore. And then Pro Line came along, and that was that! Watching any sort of sports on tv for pleasure is forever ruined! Now it's, hmmmmmm, what are the odds that the Leafs are going to win tonight???

I think we may even had a hockey strike at some point recently...? who knows?
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby mav » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:03 am

Not my cup of tea either. the spectators get riled too and one hears in the news of parents fighting each other during their children's games!!
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:06 am

it's just so blooming scary......... :shock: :shock: :shock: ...........

grass hockey is much slower.........a bit more gentle.........although the blokes play a hockey hybrid called Shinty which is blooming violent too........ :shock: .............

as i say...........Ice hockey looks really violent..........far worse than rugby............i guess those guys are pretty fearless..........

fluffy :shock:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Hockey!

Postby wonderbunny » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:10 pm

I used to work in a law firm and the all the partners were big hockey fans, the father of the clan used to be professional hockey player when the sport started, his stories were infamous. Back in the day when they didn't wear protective gear, how they ever survived is beyond me. I love watching the San Jose Sharks, or any team for that matter. I just don't enjoy the fighting. I love the fast pace and fancy footwork. I can barely stand on ice skates let alone maneuver like that.
wonderbunny
Lemony Snicket

Postby searching_for_sunshine » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:14 pm

i LOVE watching ice hockey! i am really a very passive, non-violent person...i hate watching boxing or any other type of violent sport but there is something about hockey that brings out the savage in me :wink: i'm with wonderbunny - it is so hard to stay up on skates and the way they maneuver at high speeds is exhilerating!

we have a pro team here and for my birthday a couple years ago, my friends 'bought' me a ride on the zamboni during one of the breaks (the zamboni is the ice cleaning/smoothing machine) i rode around the rink with my tiara and did the definitive 'royal' wave...it was one of my best moments ever
searching_for_sunshine
Me, Myself & Irene

I was always gregarious, I visited everyone,even at 6:00 a.m

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:02 pm

This is a story my sister always told to me:
When I was about 3 we lived across the road from some kids who always played street hockey, every winter the steets would be lined with kids playing hockey, boys and girls.
Anyway one morning my mom went to find me and apparently they looked all over the house, finally they looked at the neighbors place I was sleeping in one of the hockey boys bed(perfectly innocent) where the boy was I have no idea, the boy ended up becoming a famous hockey guy and they always tease me about the day I ended up in his bed.
I have absolutely no recollection.
I love hockey to play on an outdoor ice rink, none of this violent stuff though, just good fun!
It's hard for me to sit still, so I'd rather play than watch.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to Off Topic