Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

It's not healthy...

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

Postby Jimenem » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:24 pm

wonderbunny wrote:I joined this website over a year ago, at first I was just interested in the newsletter. And the, well the curiousity morphed into what if the website had... Next thing I know I'm a full blown Jim Carrey addict. I don't believe in 12 step program for this type of addiction. I have been known to stalk him. I find myself loitering around theaters just to watch his films, two or three times just to get the full 'Carrey' Experience. I always miss something the first time around. Some of his of his lines go right over my head and I have to revisit the flick, just to make sure I catch them all. Its kind of like going to an amusement park when I watch his movies because I never really know what type of reaction I'm going to have. He brought out the comedian in me that I kept secretly tucked away. Most of myjokes I kept to myself, lines never spoken outloud because I was too shy to say them. And then one day, voila! I began to speak... bark bark! I never knew until I began to hear people laugh and they were laughing at me. Boy, that felt great. It became an addiction. I keep checking into the website and I have no idea why. Maybe it was just Simply Romantic Jim, He created a character for every type of human being to enjoy. Charlie Ipkiss/Mask; Ace Ventura; Joel; Truman; the Cable Guy; He keeps changing like a camellian (sp) And maybe out of respect for him and what he has brought to my life, I check the website. Post a few topics and muses; and then carry on with the rest of my life. Funny hobby, don't you think? Writing to someone on a website not even sure if anyone is reading it, or even cares. How bizarre is that concept. I had never 'chatted' before I met Jim Carrey Online. Too bad the don't use the chat room.

I only see positive changes coming from this addiction, Jim Carrey has done that for alot of people. Made them more outgoing, boosted their confidence, so I see nothing wrong with being addicted to Jim Carrey. And the 12 step Program was for people (girls) who had a serious crush on him, and therefore lost touch with reality :wink: My advise to all! Don't change who you are. Just because you happen to like a certain actor alot even to the point of obsession, doesn't mean that it's wrong, it's part of who you are, and unless it's affecting your life negatively I say don't change.
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby lammy » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:30 pm

NOT....It is not healthy for anyone to obsess over someone they don't know cause what if they see this person upclose what will their mind tell them to do? Jump on them...Scream crazy things at them...Abuse them...a whole lot of other things....Heck no am I going to go there- :shock:
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Jimenem » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:31 am

I simply meant that you should not want to hate someone just beacause you like them too much. Cut back a little, but don't delete them from your life completely. 8)
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby xmassmurdere » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:42 am

I agree with Jimenem that you shouldn't erase them from your life completely but its not really the best thing to obsess over something that might never happen
xmassmurdere
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby lammy » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:06 am

AMEN!!

:D

But you know something else?To think about someone who doesn't know you exist is crazy and it scares me- :? As long as you are normal in your normal life then I guess it is okay-right? I am not crazy am I?
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby xmassmurdere » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:18 am

I think you arent crazy lammy
everyone has a crush on someone
xmassmurdere
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby Janel » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:28 pm

Here's my take on the subject of crushes....!

I think Jimenem is right when it comes to crushing on someone --we identify in some way with this handsome person and somehow feel a connection. The JCO forum is a really fun and harmless way of connecting with other individuals who feel similarly. Liking Jim Carrey is part of what makes me "me"! The reason I enjoy posting here is because no one else that I know are fans of Jim's movies--I have really had a ball reading all of the posts and writing my own! It is also fun to tease my kids every now and then and say things like, "Well, when Jim Carrey and I get married......" !! It makes them roll their eyes (which, admittedly, isn't very hard to do) and be exasperated with me---"MOM, how stupid........" :wink: Crushes are about finding someone attractive, admiration, curiosity, mystery....everyone crushes on someone!

However, I think Lammy makes a good point when it comes to dreaming of someone who will never know who you are. I agree that it IS dangerous to allow your mind to constantly imagine scenarios where you have a life together--particularly if you feel a desire to be rescued from your own circumstances. A reality check can remind you that even in the best of scenarios, this is a human that you are dreaming about with their own limitations, flaws and baggage. Reminding yourself of how life REALLY works, may be helpful in turning off that "obsessive" switch...life is full of challenges even when 2 people are "perfect" for each other. We are responsible for turning our own lives around. We can't wait for (or even wish for) the next guy or girl to "sweep us away" and out of hard times. Being "obsessed" doesn't allow you to move forward in your journey of life--you become stuck in a rut that isn't even real.... :roll:
Janel
The Cable Guy

Postby Jimenem » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:44 am

Couldn't have said it better myself. I agree. :D
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby lammy » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:52 am

I agree too-I had a crush on Nicolas Cage that went away when I heard he got married- :lol: I think the same will happen when I hear Jim is dating someone only cause I have to live my life and can't be thinking of someone who has no idea of my existance- :lol:

Would be nice to see him face to face but if I don't I feel sorry for him- :lol:
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Jimenem » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:02 pm

Have you heard about this new movie called "my date with Drew". It's about this guy who is going to try to get a date with Drew Berrymoore (sp?) She ofcourse has no Idea he even exists but thats not stopping him, It's actually going to be like a documentary in the fact that it's a real person trying to do this while a camera fallows him around, Kinda like "supersize me" probably. I'm interested to see whats going to happen.
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby lammy » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:49 pm

Sounds interesting-I wonder if she will think he is a weirdo- :lol:

Drew Barymore is my favorite female actress- :wink: She rocks!!
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Jimenem » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:00 pm

I'm actually related to her in some distant way. (On my mothers side)
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:23 pm

re crushes..............just chill folks................keep it all in perpective and enjoy the fantasies........but don't get maudlin........and don't get sad.........

live your real lives, enjoy your family and friends .....

remember........they are the cake..............Jim's just the icing on the top to make it a little sweeter......... :wink: :lol:

fluffy :P
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby lammy » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:21 pm

:lol:

Jim should be honored that I have a crush on him and not on some other celebrity because I would not be here. But I am glad I joined-you are all so nice and kind-thanx to my admiration for him I found joy in here-from the heart- :wink:
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Previous

Return to Off Topic