Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

Sun Addiction

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

Sun Addiction

Postby Filomena » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:32 pm

Does anyone go nuts when it's a hot and sunny day, and you absolutely have to stop everything you're doing, slip on a minimal amount of clothing and work on your tan?

I know the sun is bad. I'm not fair, so I've convinced myself that sun cancer is not a real threat. But what about wrinkkles??? Age spots? And inertia?

So now I slather on Number15 on my face (but I'm sticking to No.4 everywhere else) and am continuing to roast, a minimum of 30 minutes on my front, and then 30 minutes on my back, BECAUSE I NEED A TAN IN THE SUMMER.

Anyone else?
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby quirky » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:17 pm

I have a very fair complexion. And should stay out of the sun, but all the experts say that you need a little to metabolize vitamin D and fight depression. In the age of Edith Wharton, the paleface was desired and they carried around parasols. Maybe that's why her novels are so dang depressing.

I am currently not as much of an aspirin as usual. Eventually I will get wrinkles. I just have to face it. Uh, pun intended.

"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Conor » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:38 pm

i am so white i get called a ghost :(

its sorta weird.
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby quirky » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:47 pm

Go get some sun!
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby searching_for_sunshine » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:46 pm

i have the luxury of having an entire deck off my office and can slip out and "do some research" whenever i feel the need to catch some rays (our office is very casual - shorts and a tank or t-shirt is my "uniform"). SPF 4 is in my desk drawer. i'm the only one with an office like this so i get a lot of cross looks when i walk through smelling like a pina colada :lol:

bad thing about the south is that is gets so blasted humid that sometimes i can't bear to go out in the heat. WAHHHHH! (you can hate me now LOL) :lol:
searching_for_sunshine
Me, Myself & Irene

Postby wonderbunny » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:57 am

I happen to enjoy being outdoors. I'm Norwegian/Eqyptian and I have a constant golden/bronze color to my skin. I am always stopped and queried about my suntanning process, even concerns are expressed regarding skin cancer and harmful effects of sun exposure. I have to explain. I never sunbath, its hereditary. In fact I happen to find sunbathing a bizarre activity. All this hype about sun damage, wrinkles and moisturings ointments, botox and plastic surgery and yet.. California is a strange place to live. Its puzzle. But I love the beaches for aesthetic reason.
wonderbunny
Lemony Snicket

I sunbathe at the poolside.

Postby Canadian Jayne » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:56 pm

I stay out for about a half hour, flip when needed.
Then I'm in the pool, the pool was 90F the other day, it was just
like having a biggggg bath, mmmmm.
It's raining again.
No pool today.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to Off Topic