Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

Toothache..........

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

Toothache..........

Postby fluffy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:55 pm

Ok this is a plea from the bottom of my root canal............help!!

my dentist drilled too close to the root and she's chronically inflamed the root in my back right molar...............it's so sore i'm beside myself with pain..... :cry: ..........she gave me amoxicyllin to take but i don't take anti-biotics.....i will take iboprofen and paracetamol for the pain but not anti-biotics...they are evil things!!!...............so i'm looking for a homeopathic alternative........
i've got the Odourless high strength garlic and the Manuka Honey.....i need Clove oil which i'll get tommorrow.............but is there anything else i can take.....????

Help!!!!!!!!...................IT HURTS SO BADLY....... :cry: :cry: :cry: :wink:

fLUFFY :P :cry:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

I've taken clove oil..

Postby Canadian Jayne » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:30 pm

It seems to dull the pain, but it comes back after it wears off, sometimes
antibiotics are necessary, as much one hates to take them, it's when you take them too often that they don't work as well. Tylenol may work for the pain (I you're not allergic or have a sensitivity to it) in all drugs be careful, ask your doctor what to do.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:36 pm

:cry:..................owie owie........ :cry: ...............

but they make me so ill.........i can't take them..........only if it's life or death.......... :(

looks like i'll be munching the neurofens again....... :wink:

fluffy :?
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:40 pm

Fluffy. I'll pray, but in the meantime...take the antibiotics. If you have an infection, it's very close to your brain. I know someone who almost died from one.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Clemmy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:49 pm

Poor thing... toothache is terrible! I would go for antibiotics either. My gramma used to prepare a mixture of crushed garlic, rue and warm olive oil (an old italian formula), and applied on the aching tooth with a small cotton. I haven't used this naturalist medicine for a long time though...

I hope you get better soon...
Clemmy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:22 pm

thankyou.... :wink:

a Group huggle i think........ :wink:

luv fluffs :P
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:56 pm

Call you momma and ask her what you should do. I'll bet she tells you to take the antibiotics!
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby mav » Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:27 pm

Aspirin works too. ~200mg. But all this is temporary. How is the clove oil working? ......sue the doctor!
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Janel » Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:57 pm

My root canal made me wish I could take my own life--the entire side of my face was inflamed and swollen--Fluffy, it is vital that you take the antibiotics--the inflammation in the area will trap toxins and old blood and will make the site a likely place for infection and that, my dear, will not go away easily and can cause complications in other areas of your body.

Eat yogurt every day to replace the good bacteria that live in your intestines that the antibiotics will kill and use an icepack on the outside of your face to relieve the inflammation. Make sure to have a thin cloth between the ice pack and your skin.....Try to work up to 10 minutes if it hurts real bad to have cold on your face--the cold will pull all blood, toxins and acids out of the area, and then if you can leave it on for a few more minutes, will allow fresh blood to flush the area clean. Do this several times a day. No heat, although it may sound nice--heat encourages MORE blood flow which is what inflammation is already doing--you don't want MORE blood to the area, you want old blood out, fresh blood in and that is what the ice will do.

Use alternative methods to return your body to its best AFTER you take the antibiotics and have FINISHED them. I feel for you, girl......... :cry:
Janel
The Cable Guy

Postby fluffy » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:19 pm

awe maaaan...................i feel like getting a pair of pliers and pulling the tooth out myself...........it's the right side of my poor little face......i can't open my mouth.. :cry: ............i've honestly NEVER felt pain like it....not even when i cut off half my little finger.....(it's ok it got glued back on... :D ....it's as good as new....)...........
when i went back to her she shoved in the local needles and i didn't even flinch...........that's how sore it is..............

i'm going to demand she takes the root out on Monday.......(oh joy, i can't wait.........lol :wink: :lol: ).........we don't sue here......y'know...... :shock:

AAAAhhh..........i'm crying now....... :cry: .............

you lot are so sweet though.........i'm really touched...... :D

fluffy :P
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Sometimes the pharmacist can help if....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:20 pm

you are allergic or prone to problems with certain antibiotics, I think there are alternates and I remember something about eating and antibiotics the pharmacist where you got them from should know about the brand you are to take and if there is any alternate, sadly the ones that don't give you an upset stomack are more expensive, also maybe go on site and tell the people who make the type of prescription about the problem eg. if they are from Pfeiffer or whoever, go online and check them out.
Communication is a key.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:19 pm

I'm so sorry you are having this problem fluffy miss. But I concur with Janel.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby wonderbunny » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:41 am

I am so sorry you are in such pain, I remember my first root canal (and my extracted wisdom teeth) I was catatonic on the sofa when a vacuum salesman came to the door. I was so sick from the pain, he wanted to do a demo. He was pushy enough, and since my rug hadn't been clean for a few days I didn't seem like a bad idea. Much to my chagrin, four hours later I finally was able to get him out of my home. Worst idea I ever had. Yeah, the rug was clean- so what.

:?
wonderbunny
Lemony Snicket

Postby fluffy » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:01 pm

That's it!!....i have decided to chew my right leg off as a way of distracting my mind from this bloody toothache.......

I didn't feel the needles go into my gum and i'm sure i won't feel my teeth ripping through my flesh either.......
I've chosen my right leg, as i'm right handed, and it'll balance me out better.............

so goodbye leg........it's been nice knowing you!!.....lol.......(lol...that reminds my of my 'nice tits, shame about the leg' joke......little did i know....... :wink: )

fluffy :P
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:01 pm

I'm sure you're not Coyote ugly...no need to chew off a limb.

I'm sorry you're in pain. Did you take the antibiotics?
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Next

Return to Off Topic