Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

Bit's and Bobs

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

Bit's and Bobs

Postby fluffy » Mon May 16, 2005 1:02 pm

ok, this is for bits and bobs which are completely irrelevant ......but might be fun to share................

scientists in London have just discovered that Ice-cream is good for you......eating it releases (happy) serotonin.........plus they have proven that 'a little of what you fancy does you good' and you are more likely to stick to a healthy diet if you can get your mits on some Haagen Dagz... :wink: ..............

What a fantastic research project someone had.......lol :lol:

So go get 'that Bl**dy Hagen Dagz' :wink: .......and 'enjoy it' knowing that the boffins say it's good for you............ :wink:

a naughty Fluffy :wink: :P
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
said in WW2 radio Queen's English.....'calling Bletchly park, do you receive?...over and out' ..........lol :wink:
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Mon May 16, 2005 2:12 pm

This is so cool. Everything's getting vindicated. Chocolate is good for you, red wine (in small amounts) is good for you, coffee is good for you.

Pretty soon they'll be encouraging people to eat their steaks rare for best results.
Last edited by quirky on Mon May 16, 2005 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon May 16, 2005 2:14 pm

or 'a good vet could save it'..................i loved that line :lol:

fluffs :P
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Mon May 16, 2005 2:55 pm

I am just a little overly fond of red meat. My grandfather was in the grocery business and my dad and uncles were all trained butchers.

I think it may be a genetic thing.

After my father died, I moved to where I am now. A year after my father died, the fire siren in town went off at 5am. My grandmother turned on the scanner and the person told the fire department to disregard the call, that it was an AMBULANCE call to my uncle's (her youngest son's) house 3 doors down.

So I threw on some sweats and a shirt and ran down the street. I really thought probably my aunt was the one that was injured or ill. When I got to my uncle's, she was standing in the kitchen and she told me my uncle had suddenly snorted and stopped breathing in bed.

This was just mind boggling. And the worst part was that one of his sons was 3 hours away at college in his last year and he had put the other one on a plane to France the day before. I worked in the ER, but called in that day, and I drove my aunt in that morning after the ambulance had left and the cop was done with her.

What does this have to do with steak. I shouldn't ramble so much.

When my cousin graduated from college, we all went to the ceremony and on the way back home we stopped at "Rube's" steakhouse in Montour, Iowa. People come from miles and miles around to go to Rube's. This is a "cook your own" place. You select your hunk of flesh from out of the cooler and then gather around a huge pit of charcoals to watch it sizzle until it's to the rarity or doneness of your choice.

So my cousins and I stood around the grill and it was bittersweetly quiet and then all at once we all said, "Dad would like this." "I'm cooking this one for Dad". "I wish Dad was here".
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon May 16, 2005 3:31 pm

:wink: ................awe, that's really touching...........i'm sure that's how my dad would like it too.............
thankyou for sharing that...... :wink:

fluffy :P
fluffy
JCO Staff

Thanks for sharing Quirky

Postby Canadian Jayne » Mon May 16, 2005 4:38 pm

Isn't it ironic, smells can remind us of people.
My dad use to cook in the army and he would make these
Cinnimon Buns that tasted OOOO so good!
He cooked for the captains.(or so I was told)
(There were no Tim Horton's then)
So occationally on a Sunday when we came home from church he would have cinnimon buns ready for us.
Cinnimon Buns and send me out to deliver to the neighbors. He always
made enough almost for an army.
I think we need a smiley that smells an aroma and smiles appreciatively.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Mon May 16, 2005 4:48 pm

On that note. I watched Oprah awhile back and she had a doc on who was going into detail about colon health.

He said you should fart more than 12 times a day to keep your colon healthy.

You can't make that stuff up.

So, I thinking...well, you can't just give a detail like that and not get very specific. What's he talking? 12 itty bitty farts? Does one really long one count for 5 or 6?
Last edited by quirky on Mon May 16, 2005 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon May 16, 2005 4:53 pm

some blokes i know can get a whole weeks worth expelled, in one sitting.......... :wink:

so can my mums dog....... :lol:

fluffy......of course cats are far more genteel and refined.... :wink: :lol:
fluffy
JCO Staff

bits and bobs

Postby wonderbunny » Tue May 17, 2005 4:03 am

My favorite past-time is what I call wonder twin moments. Its when you meet a complete stranger and pick up a conversation, it can be short or long winded and at some point in that conversation your life changes. Each encounter makes you a better person... its the inbetween stuff that makes you who you are. I met a fascinating man from Bulgaria, a country I know very little about, next thing I know I'm surfing the web reading and learning about a new culture. Its one of the reasons I love the US, so many cultures in one country. I may not be able to speak his language any time soon (I not real good a speaking foreign language) but meeting new people and learning about new cultures is exciting! My ancestors came from Norway so immigration is not so distant in our family either.
wonderbunny
Lemony Snicket

Thanks Quirky for the smiley!

Postby Canadian Jayne » Wed May 18, 2005 4:43 pm

I'm laughing at the smiley.
What about the flatulence that sounds like a machine gun.
What if they patented something to make one do that, then have a
machine gun trio, their putting on plays with pretty well anything these days. I think meat feeds the gas fire.
Do you notice gas is worse when someone has just had a big meat meal?
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Wed May 18, 2005 5:23 pm

No, I don't. I was distressed watching Oprah because I know every chick says this, but I rarely fart. I and I eat lots of meat. So now I'm worried about my colon! My poor airless colon!

And I'm the only one in my family who doesn't fart. Because I remember when my dad and brothers used to watch wrestling in the family room and I'd be playing and all of a sudden, they would simultaneously unleash a stench so poignant that I'd run down the hall into my own room 'till the air cleared.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Wed May 18, 2005 5:23 pm

quirky wrote:Image

On that note. I watched Oprah awhile back and she had a doc on who was going into detail about colon health.

He said you should fart more than 12 times a day to keep your colon healthy.

You can't make that stuff up.

So, I thinking...well, you can't just give a detail like that and not get very specific. What's he talking? 12 itty bitty farts? Does one really long one count for 5 or 6?

LOL hey, Quirky did you read my deleted post??? Jim knows about that stuff.
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby wonderbunny » Thu May 19, 2005 1:01 am

I don't believe I've ever read such delightful comments on flatulence before, this is an entirely new experience for me! Where we come from, such things are not discussed. (But occasionally the term 'backfire' comes up) That's when your older brother thinks its funny to perform a hit and run - He slips away quitely leaving you in a cloud of 'what the heck is that smell?' :twisted:
wonderbunny
Lemony Snicket

Postby quirky » Thu May 19, 2005 1:18 am

They were all SBD's, too.

I'm the youngest of 4. My brothers are all much older. My Dad said I was an accident, but my mom assured me otherwise.

Luckily, little legs could flee a room quickly.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

A freind of mine would say

Postby Canadian Jayne » Thu May 19, 2005 5:47 pm

"Hey, did you hear that burping spider" after he let one go
the first time I heard him say it I laughed so hard my ribs ached.
I'm a very visionary person and could imagine these darned
burping spiders, burping then scurrying away but really I know where
the noise came from.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Next

Return to Off Topic