Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

Have a quote (?)

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

Have a quote (?)

Postby mav » Thu May 05, 2005 4:35 pm

Any good quotes that you've come across? ....that makes you marvel or inspired or laugh or just agree.
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby mav » Thu May 05, 2005 4:36 pm

Sign at a Laundromat - Please remove all your clothing when the light goes out.
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Thu May 05, 2005 4:43 pm

'Allways Look on the Bright Side of Life'...........the Monty Python boys...

i reckon if i ever do get married that's the song i want to go up the isle too.....and the guests can do the whistling...........

and after, when i'm dead i want that to be the chosen song....... :lol:

Fluffy :P
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Thu May 05, 2005 4:44 pm

Oh and 'Mind the Gap'.............the London Underground.......i always find that one quite amusing

fluffs :P
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Thu May 05, 2005 4:52 pm

"I was born at a very early age" - Groucho Marx
"You love me! You really love me!" - Sally Fields

There are more but I have to try to remember them first.
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Thu May 05, 2005 4:59 pm

"You love me! You really love me!" - Sally Fields

God, how sad am i but i never really believe it when people say that to me............... :cry:

anyway..........i ADORE Jim's quote when Clem say's This is it...what do we do...........he says 'enjoy it'.............that for me is one of the most important quotes/moments of the whole film.................it's so touching.

fluffy :P
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Jimenem » Thu May 05, 2005 6:50 pm

Some of my favorites are : The early bird gets the worm, But the second mouse gets the cheese.

and

If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving's not for you.

I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac.
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Thu May 05, 2005 9:28 pm

I played Sancho Panza in The Man of La Mancha in high school. Yes, I am a gurl...but the role was to dang good and when the teacher wanted to give it to me...I just went with it. It was an adventure. We experimented with temporary hair dyes to get the "swarthy" look...and at one time my blonde hair was pink because she had picked out something called "cherry black" and it didn't take. Pink hair outside of drama circles was hard to explain. I chose this quote for my yearbook because I took a whole LOTTA teasin' that year.

The most difficult character in comedy is that of the fool, and he must be no simpleton that plays that part. - Miguel de Cervantes
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Thu May 05, 2005 9:58 pm

lol...............i did that too...............
i was at teacher training college and i fancied changing my blonde hair to red.......but titian red rather than pillarbox red..................
anyway my hair went bright pink and i had to go into schools on placement like that..............
there's only so many times you can wash your hair in washing up liquid before it feels as though it's turning into glue...... :wink:

So i was that weird student with pink hair for a couple of weeks....... :lol:

fluffy :P
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Thu May 05, 2005 10:10 pm

I knew we had a kinship...it's because you empathized with my "I could just dye" angst, my temporarily pink-haired sista friend.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Thu May 05, 2005 10:15 pm

awe Quirky you say the nicest things...........................
i need you to cheer me up tonight..............My mum had a cancer op today and i think i've made a 'friend' even sadder when i tried to say the right thing :cry: .................so funnies urgently required Jill.......... :wink:
i know you're my 'sista' friend......... :)

fluffy :?
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Thu May 05, 2005 10:45 pm

Oh Nicky, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope the surgery went alright and that she'll recover well. With regards to your friend...as long as you were well-intentioned I wouldn't beat yourself up over it. Sometimes, you just can't control how someone else receives what you say and as humans we're constantly tripping over our emotional feet.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby mav » Thu May 05, 2005 10:55 pm

I should rename this thread to "The Deja vu Chronicles".

*wishing fluffy could hop over to quirky for some hot soup*

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.
-Helen Keller
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Thu May 05, 2005 11:07 pm

cheers Jill...............and to crown it all there's no chocolate in the house....... :cry: :wink:

och, i'll be back to my normal 'happy' self in the morning...........i think it's been the worry about mum......
it was a skin cancer operation so it's not as bad as some................the silly thing is i diagnosed it 3 years ago.....she went to the DR's 3 times about it and every time they said it was nothing...........i finally had to write it down on a bit of paper.......which meant the family doc had no option but to refer her....because legally if it transpired that he was in possession of the information, and didn't act on it, we could have hammered him.......But i'm not even a nurse for gods sake!!!....just a well read teacher..............
so i'm feeling really relieved as they think they got it all...............but guilty as hell because i caused her the pain............and i'm not allowed to even visit because i've got a stinking cold...............and i really want to give my mummy a big huggle ............. :cry:

anyway..................ok it's out of my system..........
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
now let's see quotes.................

well, one quote we play in school ALWAYS makes me cry and the kids just stare...............but after 3 months of lessons once they hear it again they end up crying too.............
and that's King George V announcing to the nation that Germany had invaded poland and Britain was now at war.............
it's so spooky..........all crackly, a very plummy royal accent.........and the tears just roll down my face..............i guess i just don't like war....

amazing to hear though.................

:wink: :P
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Thu May 05, 2005 11:18 pm

Well fluffy...let this be a lesson to you. NEVER be without CHOCOLATE in the house. There should ALWAYS be an emergency stash on hand.

I'm sorry you had to learn this the hard way. If you had studied at the bunioned feet of my grandmother, you would KNOW.

BTW - she has recurring skin cancer which was diagnosed 19 years ago. Every now and then she has to go get it taken off with liquid nitrogen and they watch her closely, but it's completely treatable.

Maverick - Apologies for the near threadjacking.

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
Albert Camus
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Next

Return to Off Topic