Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

How do you decide - which movie to see?

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

How do you decide - which movie to see?

Postby Filomena » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:55 pm

When you make a decision to see a movie, how do you do that?

For example, do you see a movie because of the stars attached to the film, regardless of the plot?

Is it the writer? The genre?

Do your kids decide for you?

Personally, I can't remember the last time I saw an adult film. Usually, the kids dictate.
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby jimliker » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:14 pm

when i decide to c a movie my 1st priority is the actor attached to it & then 2nd priority is the story :)

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby samurai_cable » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:23 pm

I'm pretty much like you, jimliker. I usually get interested if one of the actors that i like are in there. Then I'd care about the story. BUT, if anyone who i like, does a horror film, i will not see it. I HATE scary movies. Even if it was Jim I wouldn't see it.... I've had too many bad experiences. But anyway, like today, I saw a film with Katie Holmes in it, I only saw it because she was in it. It turned out to be a very good movie :) Pieces of April if anyone's interested.
"I decided that I wanted to make movies that would uplift people." - Jim Carrey
samurai_cable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Postby Edward Nygma » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:41 pm

Being a film nut, I always choose carefully the films I go to see, in order to avoid bad films!

I try to read one or two previews to see what the story is and who are the people involved (actors, director, writer). If there's Jim Carrey or one of my favourite actors, I go regardless of the plot or anything else.
But usually, I wait for the film to come out, read a couple of reviews and then decide to go see it or not.
The only "bad" films I saw last year were: Garfield (I loved the cartoon and couldn't help myself...and Bill Murray did the voice) and Taxi (got a free ticket). The rest were above average so apparently my technique seems to work. :wink:
Mister E. (aka Cablo Gula)

http://cablogula.tripod.com
Edward Nygma
The Truman Show

Postby Gouliovandamn » Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:39 am

i look at the plot..... then the actors...... but i will go and see any movie with Jim Carrey in it.... or if m. night shaymalan directed it...... but if not then i choose based uppon the fact of "is it worth it", meaning is it worth parting myself with the $13.95 to see the movie.... the last movie i saw in theatres was A Series of Unfortunate Events on december 19th........ nothing since then has been worth it.....
Gouliovandamn
Horton Hears a Who!

Return to Off Topic