Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

Bush Winning...

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

Bush Winning...

Postby FutureStar1977 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:32 am

I am usually the type that is very laid back and I kinda go with the flow. Maybe since I am getting older, this kind of stuff means more to me then it used to. I went and voted today. At least some of the things I voted for passed. But this Bush vs. Kerry thing just has me in knots.

I am not the type to get all worked up or be mean over this kind of thing. So I am hoping that your opinions of me do not change because of this post, but I must be honest.

First of all, if you don't agree with my views, oh well. That is the great part about living in the USA, we can say and feel whatever we want. So here I go...

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING VOTING FOR BUSH?
ARE YOU A BUNCH OF GUN TOATING, WAR LOVING, REDNECKS?

The only difference between Bush and a common redneck is that Bush has money. But the mentalitly and thought process is the same.

He then says that he does not think that the country is divided. Ummm....do the math, stupid. If 51% of the people like one canidate, and 48% like the other canidate (by looking at popular vote percentages), that is pretty much divided if you ask me. :roll:

If you voted for Bush because of moral issues like abortion or gay marriage, you fail to look at how he is killing US soldiers and innocent people in Iraq and elsewhere. You are failing to see that he has been fed with a silver spoon his whole life and does not have any comprehension of middle class wants and needs. He is so out of touch with the common man.

People are going to continue to perfom abortions in their basements if they have to. So stop worrying about which presidental canidate is for or against it. None of our presidents have put a stop to abortion. So who cares if they are for or against the issue? It will not change it.

People are going to continue to die from horrible diseases because Bush says no to stem cell research. If one of YOUR relatives was dying from a disease that could be cured if there was research to find help, I bet you would all of a sudden support stem cell. Michael J. Fox and Christopher Reeves are public examples of people who NEED a cure to be found. Now it is too late for Mr. Reeves! Thank God California passed the stem cell research.

And maybe, just maybe, health care costs will become better if a new person was in office to fix it. Bush has done nothing to help with health care. He is far too worried about bullying the world and making other countries hate the USA, even though he thinks he is doing a good dead. I agree that terrorism sucks and needs to be stopped. But that is what Bush does not understand. No matter what he could do aside from simply blowing up "that side of the world", nothing he could do can stop terrorism.

It scares me to death the situation he has us in over there. What if they start coming over here to blow up our outdoor markets because they think we are all like Bush or that we all think like him. It just scares me of what could happen because of his bullying.

George Dub-yah Bush is no different from his daddy. His daddy spend most of his time in office dealing with war issues, now Jr. is dealing with war issues during his term. Doesn't anyone find that too coinsidental?

I am proud to say that I voted for KERRY! And for stem cell research to happen. At least a few of the things I voted on passed. However, it was the presidental issue that I felt more strongly about. So that is how I feel.

Sorry if I offended anyone. But we all have our opinions. Let me just close by saying that Jim has made a few comments here and there that indicate that he is also for Kerry. So if you attack me for my liking Kerry, then it is as if you are attacking Jim too. Just remember that before anyone "attacks" me for feeling the way I do.
Jim Carrey Is My Inspiration!-
http://www.jimcarreyworld.com
FutureStar1977
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby thecablegal » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:12 pm

I wish i lived in USA and I could vote, because I certainly WOULDN'T be voting for Bush... I hate the war, and I hate him.. simple as that!
Muse - 10, 11, 14, 22 & 23 November 2006
Muse - Wembley Stadium - 16 & 17 June 2007
Muse - Royal Albert Hall - 12 April 2008
Muse - 10 November 2009 & 13 November 2009
Muse - 11 September 2010
thecablegal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:21 pm

Bush won :cry:
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby thecablegal » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:31 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am so NOT moving to America now!
Muse - 11 September 2010
thecablegal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreyd away » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:46 pm

I agree with you, Bush is evil. Anyone allowing companys to profit from the slaughter of innocent people is morally wrong. By his own definition, we are now the "terrorists" and the "Axis of Evil" Just because you kill with a "military army" instead of private citizens doesn't make it OK to kill people. And for him to say he is a God fearing Christian is an insult to Christianity. Basic common sense will tell you that killing is wrong, reguardless of circumstance. I think the world leaders should fight it out in a cage match instead of mis-leading people to "die for their country" when they are really fighting for power and world domination. This whole war is about access to oil. Politics originally were about helping the people who needed help, now it's about Power, Profit and Greed. We're number one! :roll:

I have applied for a passport today. I feel a need to flee... but I hate that I'm a "representative" of this administration and I feel I will be chastised for just being an American.
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Re: Bush Winning...

Postby carreypunkrawker » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:32 pm

FutureStar1977 wrote:WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING VOTING FOR BUSH? ARE YOU A BUNCH OF GUN TOATING, WAR LOVING, REDNECKS?

The only difference between Bush and a common redneck is that Bush has money. But the mentalitly and thought process is the same.

He then says that he does not think that the country is divided. Ummm....do the math, stupid. If 51% of the people like one canidate, and 48% like the other canidate (by looking at popular vote percentages), that is pretty much divided if you ask me. :roll:

If you voted for Bush because of moral issues like abortion or gay marriage, you fail to look at how he is killing US soldiers and innocent people in Iraq and elsewhere. You are failing to see that he has been fed with a silver spoon his whole life and does not have any comprehension of middle class wants and needs. He is so out of touch with the common man.

People are going to continue to perfom abortions in their basements if they have to. So stop worrying about which presidental canidate is for or against it. None of our presidents have put a stop to abortion. So who cares if they are for or against the issue? It will not change it.

People are going to continue to die from horrible diseases because Bush says no to stem cell research. If one of YOUR relatives was dying from a disease that could be cured if there was research to find help, I bet you would all of a sudden support stem cell. Michael J. Fox and Christopher Reeves are public examples of people who NEED a cure to be found. Now it is too late for Mr. Reeves! Thank God California passed the stem cell research.

And maybe, just maybe, health care costs will become better if a new person was in office to fix it. Bush has done nothing to help with health care. He is far too worried about bullying the world and making other countries hate the USA, even though he thinks he is doing a good dead. I agree that terrorism sucks and needs to be stopped. But that is what Bush does not understand. No matter what he could do aside from simply blowing up "that side of the world", nothing he could do can stop terrorism.

It scares me to death the situation he has us in over there. What if they start coming over here to blow up our outdoor markets because they think we are all like Bush or that we all think like him. It just scares me of what could happen because of his bullying.

George Dub-yah Bush is no different from his daddy. His daddy spend most of his time in office dealing with war issues, now Jr. is dealing with war issues during his term. Doesn't anyone find that too coinsidental?

I am proud to say that I voted for KERRY! And for stem cell research to happen. At least a few of the things I voted on passed. However, it was the presidental issue that I felt more strongly about. So that is how I feel.

Sorry if I offended anyone. But we all have our opinions. Let me just close by saying that Jim has made a few comments here and there that indicate that he is also for Kerry. So if you attack me for my liking Kerry, then it is as if you are attacking Jim too. Just remember that before anyone "attacks" me for feeling the way I do.

ok. I voted for Bush. and no, I"m not a gun toating blah blah blah blah blah blah redneck. Did you know that the military guys over in Afghanistan also voted for Bush because they didn't want to be disarmed? They're getting paid to fight. They are NOT being forced to be over in the Middle East coutries. they are there because they choose to be!

also, who said anyone was killing innocent people over in Iraq and other places? THE MEDIA and JOHN KERRY! Kerry doesn't know a whole lot about what is going on over there. Our military is fighting Terrorism so the crazy people don't come into our backyard and bomb our houses and stuff. We're not trying to kill innocent people. If we do, it is a terrible loss but that kind of thing happens. We've killed much less innocent people than what the Arabs, Palistinians, Iraqis, Iranians, and The Taliban have killed. We're not killing innocent people over there. Get it through your head!

John Kerry is a weak fish. He'd do the same thing Jimmy Carter did when he was president. He would try and handle the war in the most diplomatic way, disarm our soldiers (who don't want to be disarmed in the first place), and the terrorists would come back into our backyard and start killing more Americans? Do you want that? I sure don't. We need George W. Bush to kick ass. If he doesn't, then our country is a goner. George is not Evil, nor a God fearing Christian. Quit picking on the christians! The Taliban and Sadaam Husane started all this! It's up to us to END IT! That's what we're trying to do! We don't want war. Yes, war is bad, but when we get attacked like we did in the 9-11-2001. it's TIME TO KICK ASS!

Also, the stem cell research thing. I'm okay with it and all, but Michael J. Fox is going to die anyways! Chistopher Reeves was going to die anyways! Kudos for California for passing Stem Cell research. That's great, but dying is natural. We're all going to die someday, and sometimes, the sooner the better. It doesn't mean that research has ended. They can still do stuff about it.

Also, about abortion. . . it's all right if they have to do that kind of thing in the basement. IT's no one's business. I didn't really know that Bush was against it but, sometimes you just have to put up with this stuff. A woman's body is a woman's body, but in reality, no one wants to kill an innocent baby. I think Bush is just trying to tell us that it's better if we bring new humans into the world and let a new and brighter generation start. I think Bush loves kids and that's why he didn't allow the whole abortion thing.

But guys, Bush is not evil. He is just trying to FINISH what the terrorists began. We are not at war with innocent people! We are at war WITH TERRORISM!

Also, I wouldn't attack anyone on this message board and since this a Jim Carrey message board, I wouldn't attack Jim either. But don't bring Jim into this politics business and saying that if someone attacks you, that we're attacking him too. No one is going to attack anyone on this board. We all respect each other and I think with topics like this and judging each other's favored political candidate is degrading. No one on this board should really care about who voted for who. The results came out and the popular vote was for Bush. I'm happy.

And, Marissa, saying that kind of thing about attacking you would be like attacking Jim Carrey too. . . That's A TOTAL COPOUT! You have your opinion, Jim has his, I have mine, the people on here have their opinion. . . and you don't even KNOW if Jim has the same beliefs as you, so don't bring him into this conversation. especially if it's Off Topic.

I was scared that this country was gonna be a gonner with a weak and passive person like Kerry. Sorry to offend, but I'm not attacking anyone but Kerry.

The guy appears to be flaky, fake, phony, stupid, crooked.

I mean look how he got out of Vietnam. He did this stuff and pretended to be injured when he could really fight and he had connections to people who could get him purple hearts. He threw out his Vietnam medals. And now he's telling us that this is the wrong war to be fighting? If he were president, the soldiers would be really upset. I mean, like I said, soldiers over in other countries voted for Bush (they filled out absentee ballots).

Plus, don't scream at people on this board for voting for Bush. Sure you can scream at me all you want and insult me and all that, but I know that many people on here voted for John Kerry.

Another reason people voted for Bush? I think people saw that America needs Bush right now. If we weren't at war or anything, Kerry might have cut it, but right now, we need someone who kicks butt. Bush is not a bully. He cares for people. He wouldn't hurt anyone innocent.

Stop listening to the media and start talking to soldiers who have been over in the Middle East. They'll tell you the truth about Bush and about us doing the right thing. I could care less if people hate me right now, because I want this war to end, and with Bush as president, I think America has a better chance of winning the war. Kerry would just surrender and the other countries would see how weak and how cowardly the United States is.

Yeah, we might be a divided country. If you believe that, then go start your own country. See how it pans out. I'll betcha that you wouldn't be able to run it. It's hard to be President of a country and Bush is doing the best that he can do for us. Bush is protecting us and the innocent over in the Middle East.

Read a Pro-Bush site instead of a Con-Bush site.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby carreyd away » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:50 pm

KILLING IS WRONG. PERIOD. It's not about Bush vs Kerry. The election is about ending a war we started. I don't want to be a part of it but unfortunately I have to pay taxes to support the funding of this war instead of the tax money going to the people here in the US that need it. I got to vote, I made my choice. The Repulicans rule and people will die. You win! Party on and dance on people's graves! Congrats!
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Whatever

Postby FutureStar1977 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:21 pm

It is over so it does not really matter. But I am tired of people saying that Kerry was _____ fill in the blank with whatever you want.

Oh and by the way, I am not "screaming" at anyone for voting for Bush. Sorry if any of you took it that way. But as an American, it is my right and privilage to say whatever I want. :D

My point is that politicians are liars either way if you really think about it.

And I do not believe that it is a copout to say what I said. If anyone dissed me for believing what I do, oh well. I don't give a shit. I am a democrat. Deal with it. I am not a conservative person by ANY means. I am more laid back, more of a people person. I believe Bush is more of a business person. A suit. It is known that democrats have always been more understanding of "the people".

What kind of sense does it make to tax the middle class or poor people to death, but give tax breaks to the rich. It is the rich people with the money, why can't they pay too? Until you have lived in your car, there is no comprehension of what it is like to be in that boat. I am not poor anymore. But damn it, I want someone in office who can relate to the middle class more. Not understanding the average American is what lost the first Bush re-election. Bush thinks that this country is not divided.

Well, let's see... 51% & 48%. Seems pretty divided to me. Bush only won by a small amount. 27 points to be exact according to Yahoo News.

I think that it is just going to piss the terrorists off even more (since they wage war on us and on Bush himself) and they are going to start pulling more shit over here since Bush is staying. So when we go up in flames because of Bush's war-mongering attitude, I won't be able to be around to say "I told you so."

I DO DO DO believe that terrorism is bad and needs to be stopped. But it is only a matter of time until the war and the bombings in markets etc, will be over here in the USA. There is no way to stop terrorism. There is no way to pick out ALL of the people who hate us and who have been trained to perform terrorist acts.

Oh and by the way, reality shows that innocent people ARE dying.

I know we all have to die somehow and sometime. But I am not willing to just sit back and wait for that day. I have dreams and things I want to do with my life before I die.

And if it was someone you all really loved that was suffering or dying from a disease that could be solved by doing stem cell research, then you would be for it, don't ya think? So hell yeah, I am glad I am living in California and it passed. Not wanting stem cell research to help cure parapalegics or other diseases is like saying that you don't want a cure for AIDS. Why the hell should we have these diseases and us or our loved ones suffer, if we can find a cure?

Here is link that shows all of Bush's flip-flop statements. He went around accusing Kerry of flip-flopping but it amazing how much HE himself does it.

http://www.50bushflipflops.com/Introduction/home.html

Sorry to get so worked up, but I am tired of the way things are around here. And now we get to deal with this shit for another 4 years.
FutureStar1977

Postby carreypunkrawker » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:51 am

I think that it is just going to piss the terrorists off even more (since they wage war on us and on Bush himself) and they are going to start pulling more shit over here since Bush is staying. So when we go up in flames because of Bush's war-mongering attitude, I won't be able to be around to say "I told you so."

President Bush and our military are not going to let that happen. We're safe. It's the soldiers who are fighting that are in danger. They're risking their lives.

Oh and by the way, I am not "screaming" at anyone for voting for Bush. Sorry if any of you took it that way.

ok. then what is this?
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING VOTING FOR BUSH? ARE YOU A BUNCH OF GUN TOATING, WAR LOVING, REDNECKS?
In my book, that's screaming. that all caps. Just because the popular vote was for Bush, doesn't mean that the people who voted for him are Rednecks. Rednecks are illiterate, don't know the meaning of business, and are extremely ignorant. Look at the people on Jerry Springer. THAT is a redneck. oh, yeah, and Rednecks don't vote.

Well, let's see... 51% & 48%. Seems pretty divided to me. Bush only won by a small amount. 27 points to be exact according to Yahoo News.
No one disagreed with you here. Yes, I understand that you disagree with Bush when he says that this country is not divided. I think you've misunderstood the context of the statement. Maybe he means something else when he said that.

Also, Yahoo News is the press. Don't let the media fill your head up with this crap. I think the media has made you really upset, not President Bush.

Oh and by the way, reality shows that innocent people ARE dying.

yes, reality does show that innocent people ARE dying . . . but it's ALL AROUND THE WORLD. we're not trying to kill innocent people. that's the point I'm trying to make. You keep saying "Bush is killing. Bush is a bully." all that. . . that's not exactly true. but yes, innocent people are dying everywhere we turn. sad, but true.

The media puts a twist on all this to get Americans to get mad at their President. If Kerry became President, by the end of the four years we'd all be pissed off at him. No matter who is our President, he/she is goingn to do something that pisses us off.

If anyone dissed me for believing what I do, oh well. I don't give a shit. I am a democrat. Deal with it. I am not a conservative person by ANY means. I am more laid back, more of a people person. I believe Bush is more of a business person. A suit. It is known that democrats have always been more understanding of "the people".

yeah, ok. Everyone's dealing with it. I'm a people person but I understand more of what the Republicans say.

There is no way to pick out ALL of the people who hate us and who have been trained to perform terrorist acts.

Honestly, according to the Isrealites. there is. They've been picking out terrorists since the beginning of time and bombing them and killing them. I know killing is wrong, but still, we can't just stand there and scold a terrorist. It doesn't affect them. We have to kick ass!

But yeah, Terrorism is hard to stop, but with all that's been going on in the past three years, we can't sit here and take it up the tailpipe. We have to get up and show them who's boss. If Kerry were president, he wouldn't do that. He's just stand by his desk on the phone screaming at terrorists to quit terrorizing people.

Sorry to get so worked up, but I am tired of the way things are around here. And now we get to deal with this shit for another 4 years.

it's all right. Sorry I got worked up too. Because people get so worked up on here when talking about politics, politics should not be discussed because it's so easy to fight amongst each other. Politics is a very personal thing. It's not supposed to be discussed among friends and in business environments or among co-workers. It starts a fight . . . too quickly and too easily.

I can see why TNPihl made a rule about not discussing politics. Nice one Tommy!
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby FutureStar1977 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:24 am

I think the media has made you really upset, not President Bush.

Sorry, but I DO know who I am upset with. Screw listening to the media. All you have to do is sit back and watch what Bush does and says.

Honestly, according to the Isrealites. there is. They've been picking out terrorists since the beginning of time and bombing them and killing them. I know killing is wrong, but still, we can't just stand there and scold a terrorist. It doesn't affect them. We have to kick ass!

Maybe I am more of a peaceful person. Not a tree-hugger or burning my bra or anything like that. But I do not believe that every terrorist can be caught or punished. I never said that the terrorists should not pay for what they have done or what they continue to do. The reason that every terrorist cannot be caught is really very simple. First of all, there are too many of them. It is fine to take down a specific group of them. But what about the ones who sit at home and plot stuff, ones that the USA are not even aware of. Look at what Timothy McViegh did. No one expected that to happen. But it did. I do not believe we are completely safe. Hell, the government gave the dead terrorist their green cards after 9/11. Or has everyone forgot that happend. My point is that if it was that simple to take a class to learn how to fly planes, or to live in this country, then NO we are not completely safe.

But yeah, Terrorism is hard to stop, but with all that's been going on in the past three years, we can't sit here and take it up the tailpipe. We have to get up and show them who's boss.

I never said we should sit back and take it. But trying to show the world "who is boss" is getting a lot of people killed. Not all the soilders in Iraq are happy to be there. Some of the just signed up so they could get money for college etc. But while they were in there, they ended up having to go to Iraq. If my little brother was older, I would be scared to death of him eventually being drafted. I love my country, but maybe I am not a war-monger type who would DIE for it.

If Kerry were president, he wouldn't do that. He's just stand by his desk on the phone screaming at terrorists to quit terrorizing people.

And how do you know that is what he would do? Unless he actually SAID that, I don't believe that for a heartbeat. Just because Kerry is nicer then Bush and not a war-lover, does not mean that he would do NOTHING.

Rednecks are illiterate, don't know the meaning of business, and are extremely ignorant. Look at the people on Jerry Springer. THAT is a redneck. oh, yeah, and Rednecks don't vote.

Ummmm, I think people tend to forget that I am FROM the Midwest. I was raised there, and lived there up until 3 years ago. So maybe my definition of redneck is different from yours. The people on Jerry Springer to me, are white-trash types. Not exactly rednecks.

Rednecks can be educated and have gone to school. They just love hunting, killing, posting deer heads on their walls, getting drunk under the local bridge down by the river, and spray painting "I love Joe-Bob" on a water tower.

I never fit in with the midwest lifestyle or people. I have higher dreams and hopes for myself. Living in the midwest and having a white picket fence with a family including a dog and taking the kids to soccer practice is simply not for me. And from being from the Midwest, I have seen that is what most of them do.

I am proud to say that I am now living in Cali where I fit in much better. There are so many different types of people, nationalities, races, religions, and things here. Unlike the Midwest where I had to deal with racisim, rednecks, and people who were willing to settle with what life gave them there. My little brother is bi-racial and I was sick to death of the racism. Here my family and I fit in so much better.

I broke out and am much happier for it. That is just ME. I am opinionated, which is perfect for LA. At least a lot of the other things I voted for, passed here in Cali. And Cali was for Kerry. So at least I can be around "my kind" here and not feel like I am a bad person for not liking Bush. Cause guess what? That is what you have made me feel like.

But ya know what? Oh well. We all have our own opinions and I am NOT the type to sit back and let others diss me for it. Notice how all the other people in this thread are agreeing with me. At least I am not totally alone in this. Other countries were taking fake votes to see who they wanted to win. And it sure wasn't Bush.

I am freakin 27 years old. So I am not some kid who doesn't know anything. I have voted in 3 different presidental elections now. Maybe in time, my voice will eventually get heard.
FutureStar1977

Postby thecablegal » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:10 pm

FutureStar1977, I think that you do have a right to your opinion, and I agree with some of things that I have read.

And by the way, it does matter, even though he is still the president, because the war isn't going to end is it, I think Bush is a killing machine, much like Tony Blair over here, who, I hope, doesn't get the votes next year!
Muse - 11 September 2010
thecablegal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreypunkrawker » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:21 pm

And how do you know that is what he (Kerry) would do?

Because, he would disarm the soldiers. I know not all the soldiers over there are happy in Iraq or wherever they're stationed but electing Kerry and having Kerry disarm the troops would send a message to the soldiers saying "There's no reason for you to be fighting this war." If Kerry were elected president, we'd get stomped on. The terrorists would know that we're not fighting and would claim that they won the war. If Kerry were president, we'd be seeing the same thing happening when the Vietnam war was taking place.

Also, about rednecks. I am called a redneck very often and it's not true. Also about Bush being a redneck or people voting for him being a redneck, that's not entirely true either. I know some rednecks who voted for Kerry. Yeah, so maybe our definitions of redneck is different, but don't go calling people who voted for Bush rednecks. That hurts.

Oh and speaking of hurting, I'm sorry I've made you feel bad for voting for Kerry. You know, if Kerry were elected, I wouldn't have posted my opinion of him on here like you did about Bush. I'd just make the best of it. I've tried to be very peaceful on here but it feels like you're attacking me.

I think it's cool that you live California. But I don't believe that all people in California voted for Kerry. There's a majority and a minority vote in every state. Anyways, I'm glad you feel like you're where you belong.

I don't think Bush likes war, but to stop the terrorist attacks, something needs to be done. We have to fight. Leave Bush alone. I know if Kerry were president right now, I wouldn't go on some message board bashing him. It's a waste of time. Even trying to get you to see the positive side is becoming a waste of time because you don't want to see what good Bush is and why 51% of the vote went to Bush.

I wasn't trying to make you feel like a bad person for voting for Kerry. I'm a peaceful person too. I hate arguing and when you start bashing opinions, I'm like "Fine, I quit arguing. I never win anyways." I know I'd make a horrible president because I'd give up before I got in office! You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.

Also, I wanted this to end and I implied this political argument of ours to end by saying that politics shouldn't be discussed. I understand your point of views and I'm sure all Americans want peace. And you're right, we'll never be able to stop terrorism because a job of a terrorist is to terrorize people of all kinds.

I hate racism too. I think it's wrong to just take a person out of a group and say bad things about him and then go on and say bad things about his/her group. I think about what I say and all that.

I understand what you're saying. I'm just trying to get you to see my point of view and make light of Bush being president. It's not working so I give up. Sorry I made you feel like a bad person. You've made me feel like a bad person too.

Bye.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

GEEWHIZZZAKERS, the terrorists have accomlished

Postby Canadian Jayne » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:40 pm

They have accomplished what they want to do without even being here.
MAKING PEOPLE FEEL BAD.
Let's try to agree to disagree.
Time will tell, Kerry may get in next time.
Let's see what kind of job BUSH does now.
That's what I'm doing in Canada, watching and waiting to see
if promises come through, if they do what they say they are going to do.
WHEN MEN ARE IN CONTROL WAR IS USUALLY INEVITABLE.
Boys play war when they are kids, some girls too.
Boys watch wrestling and vicious fighting.
Are they structured socially to fight, to believe that is their purpose?
Why don't we spend more time and effort on defense, possibilies
of what could happen and prepare for them?
How many women do you know have started a war?OK maybe a few.
They know the price that is paid, they love their children and want
peace, we end up cleaning up after the mess everytime.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

I'm Sorry

Postby FutureStar1977 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:06 pm

I wanted to post and say that I am sorry for making anyone feel bad. I am not a mean person, I just have opinions, just like rest of America.

Just like you, carreypunkrawker, I am opinionated. I speak how I feel because I am one to believe that keeping your mouth shut all the time will get you now where. I have learned from experience. I do not post much on the boards, but when I have something to say, I say it. I am not a bitch (however, I know you never called me that, I am just saying...) and I am not a mean person. I just speak how I feel. I also say a lot of nice things, just not on this topic.

If I would have kept my mouth shut and not walked up to Jim that time last year, I never would have met him.

If you would have chosen not to post anything if Kerry won, that is you. I am me. And I am not the only one who posted anything about liking or disliking Bush. I fully believe that this thread would have come about whether I said anything or not. I have seen it happen on many a message board.

A local paper here in California, has a columnist named Ron Scott Smith. He wrote exactly how a lot of people are feeling. He puts it into the words that I could never do.

Here is the article:

Divided We Stand, With the 'Consequential Presidency'
Written By: Ron Scott Smith
Santa Monica Daily Press

Be careful what you wish for, America, it just might come true. As a matter of fact, it just did. But, hey, power to the people, the people
have spoken, loud and clear. Ohio, oh why O? Sorry, this thing has reduced me to bad quipping.

Look at that red-states-blue-states electoral map, take a good look at that thing. Is America’s neck really that big and red? Just kidding to all my friends out there in the heartland. Actually it’s more like a big
red pot-belly that continues to eat Bush up.

The Democratic states form a thin blue line starting at Maryland, that swoops up and around the nation, a semi-circle that ends right here in California, broken only by the Idaho-Montana gap that might more
accurately be colored lily-white. Which reminds us, however painfully, of what may lay beneath the surface of this red-blue division of America. The blue states are the urban states, populated by minorities in numbers the red states cannot yet fathom.

As has been written here before, what’s not to like about the notion of that sliver of blue states seceding and forming a new union? A union founded on peace and tolerance. We get Springsteen and Ludakris, they get Toby Keith and O’Reilley. We get Kerry, they get Bush. Everybody’s happy. Of course the red states might say, “You’re not seceding, we’re kicking you out.” Ouch. After all, the right radio gang that gives
powerful, unrelenting and hateful voice to those red states has openly and gleefully declared America to be in the midst of a new Civil War, and don’t underestimate for a second the influence that voice has had over this election. They would have you believe that the United Nations, the
Middle East, Europe, Asia, Africa — you name it — are nuisances if not outright enemies, standing in the way of a divine mission, to bestow our way upon those around the globe in a twisted, modern-day variation of manifest destiny.

One of those nationally-syndicated talkshow hosts opened his show an hour after Kerry officially conceded defeat. “It’s all I can do to keep myself from weeping,” whispered Dennis Prager, perhaps the most
stalwart of the new American Civil Warriors. His voice cracked with emotion as he proudly gushed, “America just gave the finger to the world.”

I confess, I had a tear in my eye too, Tuesday afternoon, as the first polls back east closed down and exit polling showed Kerry to be in position to capture nearly every one of the battleground states and 308 electoral votes. I thought for a moment, this generation of mine has finally awakened, just in time. Joining forces with the youngest generation of
voters in a sort of Woodstock Nation/Hip Hop Nation coalition, it appeared for a fleeting moment there, that it might be enough to put an end to the Bush era.

Of course, it turned out to be a cruel tease, but even as I contemplated the Kerry win, this thought crept in, and nagged me throughout the rest of the evening: Does Kerry really deserve to be thrown out there on top of that junk heap, with the task of cleaning up the historic mess this administration has created? Perhaps the true justice of this whole thing would be best achieved by letting Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and the rest, stay right there and deal with it for four more years. Like Colin Powell warned the president before the ill-fated rush to war, “If you break it, you own it.” He was talking about Iraq of course, but it might also apply to the entirety of the Bush horror story. Ghastly national debt, grisly healthcare crisis, macabre unemployment, terrifying environmental degradation, gruesome numbers of poor, horrific gasoline prices. The list goes on but there are only so many horror-story adjectives in the thesaurus. The point is, you broke it, you own it. Now fix it.

Cheney, ever the grim reaper, made a most blood-curdling statement when he introduced his underling at the victory celebration. “This has been a consequential presidency,” he said, without, however,
identifying the consequences. He went on to promise more consequences, saying, “The nation has responded by giving us a clear mandate.” Are you thinking uh oh, like I’m thinking uh oh? The president ended the victory party by repeating what he said in his final campaign speech Monday night, “I see a great day coming for America.” Isn’t that what
the challenger says? How many times does the incumbent get to say that? After four years at the helm shouldn’t the incumbent be able to speak in the present, not the future tense, about great days for America?

As great days go, I cannot in all good conscience add myself to the long list of tose who somehow are certain that’s what Tuesday was. In no uncertain terms, let me declare Tuesday to have been a missed opportunity of tragic proportions for us to turn this thing around and truly
“see a great day coming for America.” But like mom always said, there’s
lemonade to be made from any old lemon. And there’s a column to be made from any old bad news. Except this time, the lemonade may better be the hard kind. Bushamerica for four more years? To borrow from the great Robbie Robertson, “it’s a drunkard’s dream if I ever did see one.”

(Ron Scott Smith can be reached at
edgeofthewest@aol.com. To read past
columns go to archives at
www.smdp.com.)

It is obviously not just me who feels this way. So I am done. I know I have people who agree with me. In Cali, I am surrounded by them. Thank God.
FutureStar1977

Postby carreypunkrawker » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:29 am

well, that guy is opinionated too. It's just an editorial but yeah, it expresses a lot. It did bore me though. Sorry if I offended anyone. I just don't think it's right to discuss politics on an unpolitical message board. Politics are a personal subject. I think we should keep it to ourselves.

That meeting with Jim is kind of a different story but good for you for speaking your mind. Yes, California may agree with you. That's good. But the red states that were for Bush don't. I hope California continues to agree with you. I'm just different. I always willl be. It doesn't matter to me what the rest of the world thinks, even if they did vote for Kerry. I'm just different.

But now that Bush is president, all the Kerry fans (Jim included) have to follow this guy's mother's advice. "But like mom always said, there’s
lemonade to be made from any old lemon." I'm sorry to say, but that's all you can do. If things do get worse for America, I'll have to make lemonade as well. But I think we're in good hands.

I'm done too.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Next

Return to Off Topic