Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

Recent new movies at theatres

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

Recent new movies at theatres

Postby Canadian Jayne » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:08 am

Just saw movie
"Sully"
Well done, worth seeing , true to life
=D>
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Re: Recent new movies at theatres

Postby fluffy » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:29 am

Can i recommend - Captain Fantastic......it's a wonderful wee film. 9/10

Bridget Jones 3.......7/10......nothing like the book though and Renee is far too thin, she's supposed to be 43 but looks 53 at times.......being too thin is not good for the face ladies :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:26 pm

Deepwater Horizon.......it's about a rig blowout and as you can imagine it was harrowing.
However, i don't know if anyone has heard of Piper Alpha but here in Aberdeen back in 1988 we had a rig blowout just off our coast which was 10X as bad. Watching Deepwater really brought that home but as i say it was much MUCH worse here. 167 deaths, it remains the worst offshore oil disaster in history......
the whole of Scotland/UK was in shock and the effects still have ripples, even today.

If you're interested in Deepwater Horizon you may be interested in this......
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:31 am

Lmao.....we saw Inferno last night, the third in the Dan Brown trilogy and omg it was breathtakingly dreadful.....lol......it was just atrocious from start to finish . In fact i recommend folk go and see it just to see what i mean.....lol.......it's crapiness dressed up as intellectualised nonsense and the acting was ropey, the story far fetched and convoluted...it's one of Tom Hanks worst films.....but as i say , it's worth going to just to see how bad it is...lol
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:56 am

Saw Dr Strange
On my son's advice
Wow
What a movie
Some humour
Amazing graphics
Very intricate
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:29 pm

A Street Cat Named Bob is WONDERFUL........it's not for kids though......it's just a really gentle wee film with some heavy themes........

It's a TRUE story and it's the real Bob in the film......what a wee star :D

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby AdaL » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:42 pm

Aah, Jinx!

I was just about to post that there is one movie at the top of my list this year and it's 'A Streetcat Named Bob'

What a beautiful story. I keep meaning to seek those two out in London; I know they still busk sometimes.
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby fluffy » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:33 pm

it was a very touching wee film but it was also very sad and poignant. It's not really a kids film as there's a lot of stuff about drugs and poverty but OMG Bob is a star.....lol..
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby AdaL » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:45 pm

fluffy wrote:it was a very touching wee film but it was also very sad and poignant. It's not really a kids film as there's a lot of stuff about drugs and poverty but OMG Bob is a star.....lol..

I'm hopelessly in love with Bob <3
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby fluffy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:38 pm

lol........we also saw Arrival yesterday.......i'm sure a lot of folk will love it but i didn't. It's a sci-fi movie that was trying to be too clever and it ended up being cheesy.......the delineation of time was the main theme and they jumped about all over the place. There were too many flashbacks of the dead girl and too little explaining why the aliens were there......IMO save your money 4/10
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Hidden Figures ......i'd give this a 9/10 it's a wee gem of a film...

Fences........personally i think this film is over rated despite some good performances.
I found Denzel Washingtons diatribes far too long and unnecessary, the film was 40 minutes too long IMO.... 7/10

Fifty Shades Darker.........all i can say about this one is the audience had a good laugh watching it . :lol: :lol: :lol: ........but amusingly the cinema had it's staff come into the screen regularly, presumably to ensure no frisky business was going on (no chance of that, everyone was too busy laughing.....) 4/10

Manchester by the Sea - Casey gave a great performance but the film kinda goes no-where really.......it's good but not great. 7/10

Jackie - Natalie Portman gives a stellar performance as Jackie Kennedy 8/10
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby AdaL » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:58 pm

Hold up, do you mean that there are people who have actually started screwing in cinemas because they were watching the anti-horn droop fest that is Fifty Shades Shitter?
:shock:

I REALLY want to see 'Cure for Wellness' and 'Beauty and the Beast'.
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:31 pm

Watching Otherside of Heaven it is 15 years old this year
But
Ive never watched the commentary
So watching old movie in new way
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:48 am

lol..........yes Ada, sad but true...... :lol: :lol: :lol: .....there were folk arrested for indecency when the first film came out.....i'm not sure what they were watching though because the film i saw (even the uncut version) was extremely tame and this one is pretty much the same.

i recently bought a huge box set of 2nd world War movies. (a bargain from the local charity shop) It's got all the best ones such as 'The Great Escape'.....with REALLY big stars...i love the old black and white war movies, they certainly don't make movies like that any more.... :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby AdaL » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:25 pm

fluffy wrote:lol..........yes Ada, sad but true...... :lol: :lol: :lol: .....there were folk arrested for indecency when the first film came out.....i'm not sure what they were watching though because the film i saw (even the uncut version) was extremely tame and this one is pretty much the same.

:shock:

They just started fucking in the cinema because they were watching a film with about as much sex appeal as Hostel?

This is why people scare me and I prefer to avoid them.
AdaL
The Majestic

Next

Return to Off Topic