Jim Carrey Online

Ratings

Discuss this series. Series Premiere September 9, 2018
Filming: April 11, 2018 - August 1, 2018

Ratings

Postby TNPihl » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:52 pm

Episode 1:

Details:
“Kidding” drew 443,000 viewers in its linear debut. When adding in the three replays that aired the same night, that grows to 787,000. Showtime also made the premiere available on digital platforms ten days prior to the linear launch, with the premium cabler claiming an additionl 360,000 viewers watched in that time. As such, “Kidding’s” total premiere haul stands at approximately 1.2 million.

Episode 2:

Details:
Kepts it 0.1 rating, but was down in total viewers from 443,000 to 290,000.

Episode 3:

Details:
Stayed again outside of the top 25, but held its previous 0.1 rating and stable in audience now with 303,000.

Episode 4:

Episode 5:
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Re: Ratings

Postby grinchy steve » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:34 am

That's solid. I'm glad. It's not as good as I hoped for, considering it's a major movie star in the main role, but it's higher than 'Dying Up Here'. So if more seasons were planned, we're safe. It will be interesting to see if ratings go up, down or pretty much stay the same in the coming weeks. Overall the audience reviews were good to very good, but certainly not great. I always think it's kinda silly judging on series based on one episode only, though.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby TNPihl » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:53 pm

Episode 2 was down in total viewers from 443,000 to 290,000. Lets hope it stay there and can increase from that.
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:38 am

Thans for sharing these.

Those numbers aren't impressive, though. Which is a shame. On the other hand: Few days ago I was reading this Flemish articles about ratings and how live ratings are less and less important. These days a large number of people are recording shows on their digibox and watching everything at once when the final episode is out. Also 'on demand' numbers are increasing around that time. Times have changed. I'm guilty of that too.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby grinchy steve » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:52 am

Saw the numbers for last Sunday. Bit up, not enough. This show just isn't doing that well, unfortunately. It hurts my heart, cause I really think it's good. Very good. Considering it's such a big star in the main role, this should be way up. Luckily ShowTime isn't that dependable of adds, so there's a good chance more will come.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby grinchy steve » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:37 am

Down again. The lowest so far. All we can do is enjoying it for the time it's around, I guess.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby grinchy steve » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:08 am

A -29,18% drop once again. Only 0.199 M viewers.

It hurts me to see this happening and I don't like to say this, but these numbers are not just mediocre, they are bad. Unfortunately. To me, this feels like something that would be a hit on Netflix. ShowTime just ain't working for Kidding.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby TNPihl » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:25 pm

Yea, we are lower than some of the episodes for "I'm Dying Up Here". Really not good. :?

How do you read the contract Jim has with Showtime grinchy steve?

"Now, after 20 years, he signs a five years deal to be back on TV to play the character of Mr. Pickles on Kidding."
From The Hollywood Reporter in August
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby Canadian Jayne » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:22 pm

In my opinion
I believe many people want to see the show
For me it's the access
I don't want to join Showtime or Netflix
Sign your life away almost
Its too complicated
People want easier Access
Reasonable cost
And not to have to join anything to get that
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Veysel » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:04 pm

Jim Carrey’s ‘Kidding’ Coming Back For Second Season On Showtime
https://deadline.com/2018/10/Jim-Carrey ... 202480236/
Veysel
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Postby grinchy steve » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:31 pm

TNPihl wrote:Yea, we are lower than some of the episodes for "I'm Dying Up Here". Really not good. :?

How do you read the contract Jim has with Showtime grinchy steve?

"Now, after 20 years, he signs a five years deal to be back on TV to play the character of Mr. Pickles on Kidding."
From The Hollywood Reporter in August

It's a fact that he signed a contract for five years, but it's nowhere confirmed that it's for Kidding only. (unless I'm mistaken?) Not that we know of. I'm quite sure that, as often is the case, it will be included he plays the character for five years as long as the show is a succes. But also that they can cancel when it's not. That contract can include his work as a producer, or maybe a comic special. It's all a wild guess, but common.

Maybe he had to let go 'Dying Up Here' to get 'Kidding'? Maybe he gets to keep'Kidding' if he does other things too for the network. All possible.

The "good" news is that ShowTime is less dependable on live-ratings. For example 'The Crazy aones' was considered a flop for Robin Williams. But those numbers were way, waaaay higher. So, it all depends what network it is on. For ShowTime, this might be enough to go through.

@veysel. Thanks for sharing, just saw it too. :) Good news. And proof ratings aren't everything on ShowTime. Great they extended the chance for audiences to pick up on this. The second season will be crucial.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Nick » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:49 am

I think the main reason why Showtime picked up Kidding for another season is because they believe more people will discover the show in this hiatus, based on the strong critical response and recommendations from friends, family etc.
Nick
Batman Forever

Postby TNPihl » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:16 pm

Down again. The lowest again and again. 166,000 viewers for episode 6. I can not imagine it getting even lower.
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:14 am

It's a good thing that they have more than a million viewers (not live) through other channels. That's what I meant with 'times changed'. Apparently people do watch it, just not live. Cause those numbers are just terrible. Good thing live ratings aren't that important for ShowTime, so it seems. Otherwise 'Kidding' would have been cancelled already.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:17 pm

Gone r the days when people would adjust their schedule to fit the show
Now they make the show adjust to their schedule
Eg Sunday night movie or show is seen monday or tuesday
Depending on their schedule, they tape it or know when reruns r on
Media is back under the control of the public, as it should be
I watch what i want and if i dont have access, I wait until i do.
Thats one good way to learn patience
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to (2018/19) Kidding (Season 1 and 2)