Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey attached to star in 'True Crimes'

Discuss this movie. In theaters on May 18, 2018
Filming: November 7, 2015 - December 20, 2015

Re: Jim Carrey attached to star in 'True Crimes'

Postby Nick » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:50 pm

I've been reading the reviews and i'm surprised to be honest. Firstly, The Bad Batch, a film i believed in, received mix reactions, and now, True Crimes, another film in which i believed, receives... bad reviews :( . I don't know what they did... the subject is interesting, plus, they had Alexandros Avranas, who made a strong film, Miss Violence.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to see this (and The Bad Batch of course), and i'm proud of Jim because he had balls to do something different, that's the most important thing to me.
Nick
Batman Forever

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:57 pm

Nick wrote:I've been reading the reviews and i'm surprised to be honest. Firstly, The Bad Batch, a film i believed in, received mix reactions, and now, True Crimes, another film in which i believed, receives... bad reviews :( . I don't know what they did... the subject is interesting, plus, they had Alexandros Avranas, who made a strong film, Miss Violence.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to see this (and The Bad Batch of course), and i'm proud of Jim because he had balls to do something different, that's the most important thing to me.

That's why I don't read them (unless I'm doing an article about it).
There has been movie that critics hated but te public loved and vice-versa.
I rather form my own opinion.
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:16 pm

Nick wrote:

Exactly the way I look at these career moves. And even when the films gets mixed reviews by both critics and 'regular' audience, there's little doubt he will be respected (and noticed again) for doing it. Both movies are the most exciting and interesting things he has done since 2004 (Eternal Sunshine, Lemony Snicket) and 2009 (Phillip Morris), imo. Who knows what other great things this can lead to ...
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Best of 2016: True Crimes

Postby tlmarvin » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:53 pm

Sunday, December 18, 2016--5:50 am CST

Thank you for saying something about "True Crimes" I hope it'll get a U.S distributation
soon. I hope it doesn't take as long as one movie did to U.S. Distribution. I'll be
happy to fine out about "True Crimes".

Have a blessed day,

Terry Marvin (Dallas, Texas, USA)

P.S. Yall have a blessed Christmas and a blessed New Year's.

tlmarvin
Fun With Dick And Jane

Postby AdaL » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:18 am

Agreed that this movie needs to come out like last week already.

*taps watch*

Merry Xmas to you too, btw :D
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:41 am

Saban films, huh? I'm glad True Crimes has a distributor. :) Lots of the movies Saban has the rights for, end up as straight to VOD in the rest of the world. I hope that's not going to be the case. I'm still hoping it will be an A-release because of fact it might do some more festivals first. We'll see. Curious how this will turn out.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Previous

Return to (2018) Dark Crimes