Jim Carrey Online

D&D2 : Reviews

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.
Filming September 24 - November 2013

Re: D&D2 : Reviews

Postby jimliker » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:03 pm

I really luv the movie!! Awesome! Funny!!!!!!!! :lol:

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:10 pm

lol.....i'm still waiting .........i'm a VERY patient girl....... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:49 pm

Why are you waiting so long :D? Will the movie be released so late in your country? Or don't you like going to the cinema, so that you wait for the Blu-Ray / DVD?
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:34 pm

I still have to wait 2 weeks. :(
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:36 pm

19th dec here.............. :shock:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:43 pm

Why so late in Scotland? They don't even have to do a synchronisation. In Germany, the release was even a day before the US release and it was WITH German synchronisation. Must have something to do with legal rights or stuff.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:20 pm

In Portugal the movie has premiere, yesterday.
I'm pissed because I planned everything to go but I got sick earlier in the week and I'm stuck in bed!
I have to get better before I go!
I wanna see it! :(
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:16 pm

no idea why we're so late........but Jim will be on UK TV this Friday , on the Graham Norton show, i'm not sure when it was taped.........
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:39 pm

fluffy wrote:no idea why we're so late........but Jim will be on UK TV this Friday , on the Graham Norton show, i'm not sure when it was taped.........

That's awesome!
Maybe the video will be on YouTube soon!
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:18 am

I love the Graham Norton show ! :D Always good for great laughs. I wonder what Jim will come up with ...
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:46 pm

Well ... Two hours after seeing Dumb & Dumber To, I'm afraid there's not that much to remember. I had a few laughs, no doubt, nothing out loud though. And there was a long time in between those. It's not bad, the problem is just that it's not memorable.

I'm not going to complain about the story, cause let's be honest, that's not why we remember the first one. The (not well written) story didn't matter back then and it doesn't now. We love D&D for the laughs. D&D didn't need a good story, cause it was mostly a chain of great comedic scenes. That's a huge difference with the new part. I expected the full force Carrey, delivering some (like usualy) instant classic scenes people would tell about when the movie was over. "Remember when ...", "I couldn't stop laughing when ..." But ... are there scenes like that? Both Daniels and Carrey were in good shape, but it looked like they had little / poor material to work with. The dream scene was the best, again. But it never came close to the original.

Thank God for Carrey and Daniels being in character like they never did anything else. They are the reason I give this a 6 out of 10. But I missed the element of surprise. There were not enough scenes where Harry or Loyld got in a situation to bring the laughter they could have. Remarkable : There were almost no laughs in the theatre through the whole movie. My sister, who also loves Jim Carrey, said "This sequel shouldn't have happened. Jim had only a few moments to do his thing. He still has it, no doubt, but it just wasn't happening. This sequel shouldn't have happened." I think it has enough enjoyable moments to have a reason to be around. But I must confess it took a very long time before I had my first real chuckle.

I'll give it a second chance when it's on Blu-ray. The friends who like Jim Carrey don't want to re-watch it with me though, they all thought it was bad.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:14 pm

Well, I have to admit you have a point. I was so happy about there being a sequel (and still think it's good they made it) but in the end the movie didn't feel as much alive as the first one. In the first one there is one very funny scene after the other and you buy it. But in the second one it's rather one joke after another, it feels artificial and many jokes are not that funny (in the first one I like almost every joke).
I also think Jim should have had more time for grimaces and stuff. What he did in that matter was great but it was just a tiny bit here and there.
Nevertheless a very good movie, I'd give it 10/10 anyway cause it's Lloyd and Harry, some of my childhood "heroes" :D.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:32 pm

I see. In my heart I give a ten for Jim, but I just know it ain't right. :)
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby JimCrazy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:58 pm

grinchy steve wrote:I see. In my heart I give a ten for Jim, but I just know it ain't right. :)

ha ha
AAlright! TAKE CARE NOW, BYE BYE THEN!
JimCrazy
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:59 pm

Hehe, true :D. I also expected more from the dream scenes, btw. That one was much better in the first movie.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

PreviousNext

Return to (2014) Dumb and Dumber To