Jim Carrey Online

Jim drops out of Dumb & Dumber!

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.
Filming September 24 - November 2013

Jim drops out of Dumb & Dumber!

Postby EvaAraujo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:21 am

:shock:

Holy crap!
According to ETOnline Jim isn't gonna do Dumb and Dumber II, anymore! :(

Here's the article:
http://www.etonline.com/movies/122750_Dumb_and_Dumber_Sequel_Loses_Jim_Carrey/index.html

Apparently New Line and Warner Brothers lack of enthusiasm made Jim drop out.
Oh come on New Line and Warner!

There's NO, I REPEAT NO SEQUEL OF THAT MOVIE WITHOUT Jim Carrey!!!

I never thought I would say this but I hope, I so hope his publicist lied...
But either way I still love Jim and I can't wait for his next project.
I'm pissed at those companies though...
Why they don't listen to the fans (in general). What the hell?

I wish there was something we could do.
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Re: Jim drops out of DUMB & DUMBER!!

Postby Number23 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:28 am

Oh No..... This is Bad.. I can't this would happen Poor Jim... :? I hope this Isn't happening.... But it Looks like sadly the truth... :(
The wasted youth, the pretty lies, the ugly truth. Only to find, I've come alive.
Number23
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby Nick » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:59 am

This is the worst excuse i ever heard. I was frustrated when I heard that he dropped out Pierre Pierre... and now this shit ? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Jim was my favorite actor and i always respect and admire him but now ...has no longer my support, not after this. Now I think he's happy ... can f*ck the blonde all year long, if he has nothing to do. :evil:
Nick
Batman Forever

Postby EvaAraujo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:09 am

Nick wrote:This is the worst excuse i ever heard. I was frustrated when I heard that he dropped out Pierre Pierre... and now this shit ? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Jim was my favorite actor and i always respect and admire him but now ...has no longer my support, not after this. Now I think he's happy ... can f*ck the blonde all year long, if he has nothing to do. :evil:

I understand that you're sad but please don't be so mean... Take a deep breath.
It may all work out, and he may still do it.
He was excited to make the movie that's why I hope is just a small step back and that maybe everything will turn out OK.

I'm gonna still trust in what I saw in his eyes. :)
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:53 am

?????...........but he was talking about it a couple of days ago........ :shock: :shock: :shock: ........my guess is there's been some creative/artistic disagreements ........it might not be game over yet..........
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:18 am

fluffy wrote:?????...........but he was talking about it a couple of days ago........ :shock: :shock: :shock: ........my guess is there's been some creative/artistic disagreements ........it might not be game over yet..........

It could be a lot of things.
I assume that everything a gossip magazine or website says is a lie.
I admit that the fact that they contacted Jim publicist and she didn't denied it is the only thing that bugs me (although she didn't says it will all the words either : ) )...but I also know that she may be just "pulling a stunt".

Better wait for Jim's reaction.
To me was a shock because EVERYONE is on board this time so there's no reason not to do it, especial when Jim has already talk about it in interviews.
Something is not right... It smells fishy to me (and it's not Penguins...lol).

In Jim's IMDB profile It still appears the sequel... that gives me a bit of hope. :P
Can anyone tell me if either New Line or Warner were involved in the prequel?
That would explain part of this.... maybe they are the Dumbs after all...lol

I wish there was something that we (fans), could do...
If Jim didn't wanna do it I would understand cause it was a surprise that he wanted in the first place but if all of them (the people who originally made the movie) want it... Isn't anything that we can do?
Damn...

I hate feeling powerless and useless. :roll:
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby TaMiReS » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:59 pm

I just saw this in brazilians sites and still can't believe it... :cry:
"I would have thought Dumb And Dumber To was a no-brainer, after all it's implied in the title." - Well, it seems that he's pretty sad after all.
TaMiReS
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby fluffy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:56 pm

We should wait until there is official confirmation from Jims team.......it might not be game over just yet......Jim holds all the cards, if an agreement can't be reached,it's highly unlikely that Dumb and Dumber 2 will be made....... I just hope Jim hasn't thrown his dummy (dummy and dummier geddit....lol) out of the pram because of his notorious perfectionism.....Compromise can move mountains.........
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:08 pm

fluffy wrote:We should wait until there is official confirmation from Jims team.......it might not be game over just yet......Jim holds all the cards, if an agreement can't be reached,it's highly unlikely that Dumb and Dumber 2 will be made....... I just hope Jim hasn't thrown his dummy (dummy and dummier geddit....lol) out of the pram because of his notorious perfectionism.....Compromise can move mountains.........

I agree. I think we should wait... and [-o< a little too. ^^'
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:14 pm

i'm beginning to wonder if Jim has lost his enthusiasm for acting and is opting for a semi-retirement from it, opting instead to spend his time painting....... :roll:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:37 pm

fluffy wrote:i'm beginning to wonder if Jim has lost his enthusiasm for acting and is opting for a semi-retirement from it, opting instead to spend his time painting....... :roll:

Mmm. If he had why start talking about it in the first place?
I don't know anymore... The more I google his name for news feeds the more I get sad.

We gotta wait for his direct reaction.
Let's hope that the studios and him find an agreement.
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby jim carrey 85 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:08 pm

HAHAHAHHAH, this becoming ridiculous i mean COME ON !!!!!!!!!!!! I cant anymore, first of all he drops out of fantastic movie "Pierre Pierre" because he wanted to ''focus" on Dumb and Dumber 2, and now this!!! he behaves like a child and i dont know i would love him always but in last three years personaly i think he lost more fans than he can imagine, i hear comments over the town about him that he is stupid,hasnt made good movie since 2008, he behaves irresponsible....and feel sad about he, just hope that this is just a rumor but if isnt i think that he should come back on Pierre Pierre :(
"It's Going To Be LEGEND wait for it DARY.....LEGENDARY"-Barney Stinson (How i met your mother!)
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby jimliker » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:51 pm

No new 'Dumb and Dumber' without Jim Carrey

A third "Dumb and Dumber" movie is not expected to go ahead unless Jim Carrey changes his mind and agrees to star in it.

Unless Jim Carrey changes his mind, Warner Bros. and New Line Cinema won't go ahead with a third film in the "Dumb and Dumber" series.

The actor's publicist on Tuesday told "Entertainment Tonight" that Carrey didn't expect to go ahead with a new sequel to the 1994 hit, reportedly out of frustration with the pace of development on the project, which the actor suggested should be called "Dumb and Dumber Too."

A person close to the project but not authorized to speak publicly said the movie, to be written and directed by the duo behind the original, Bobby and Peter Farrelly, is still in active development at New Line. However, the Warner Bros. division does not want to go ahead with the movie unless Carrey will reprise his lead role.

New Line executives' reluctance is likely fueled in part by the failure of the 2003 prequel "Dumb and Dumberer: When Harold Met Lloyd." Carrey and costar Jeff Daniels were replaced by younger actors in that movie, which wasn't written or directed by the Farrellys.

"Dumb and Dumberer" grossed only $26 million at the domestic box office, compared with $127 million for the original.

Famously fickle actors change their minds on projects all the time, of course, meaning a third "Dumb and Dumber" could still happen. And Carrey will have plenty of contact with New Line, which is releasing his next film, the comedy "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone," in 2013.

posting.php?mode=reply&f=2&t=11743

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Carrey's Girl » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:53 pm

I am hoping its just a rumor i was getting excited about it. What gets me though is Jim seemed so confident about it and he sounded so happy that it was going to happen. :? Lets all just hope and pray that this is a lie and Dumb and Dumber sequel is really going to happen [-o< [-o< . But i have this bad feeling its not going to happen but all we can do is hope. :)
I <3 Jim Carrey
Carrey's Girl
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby fluffy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:31 pm

I can see how split Jim might feel though........the critics will be dying to hammer Dumb and Dumber 2 , they love to nail sequels. Interestingly a lot of sequels seem to be happening, the studios are desperate to stick to tried and tested formulas ie. Will Ferrell and Anchorman 2 . The thing is it's the public which are desperate for D&D2 .......we loved it and have longed for a sequel ever since.........Does Jim have the brass neck to weather the studio storm and give the public what it wants, or will he bail on his most highly anticipated film for years? And bare in mind he isn't headlining Burt Wonderstone.....Steve has that honour.......
Jim, you're needing a boost.......whether it's D&D 2 or not.....don't let things slip away yet, you'll do yourself a disservice........ :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Next

Return to (2014) Dumb and Dumber To