Jim Carrey Online

Jim drops out of Dumb & Dumber!

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.
Filming September 24 - November 2013

Re: Jim drops out of DUMB & DUMBER!!

Postby EvaAraujo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:14 pm

jimliker wrote:No new 'Dumb and Dumber' without Jim Carrey

A third "Dumb and Dumber" movie is not expected to go ahead unless Jim Carrey changes his mind and agrees to star in it.

Unless Jim Carrey changes his mind, Warner Bros. and New Line Cinema won't go ahead with a third film in the "Dumb and Dumber" series.

The actor's publicist on Tuesday told "Entertainment Tonight" that Carrey didn't expect to go ahead with a new sequel to the 1994 hit, reportedly out of frustration with the pace of development on the project, which the actor suggested should be called "Dumb and Dumber Too."

A person close to the project but not authorized to speak publicly said the movie, to be written and directed by the duo behind the original, Bobby and Peter Farrelly, is still in active development at New Line. However, the Warner Bros. division does not want to go ahead with the movie unless Carrey will reprise his lead role.

New Line executives' reluctance is likely fueled in part by the failure of the 2003 prequel "Dumb and Dumberer: When Harold Met Lloyd." Carrey and costar Jeff Daniels were replaced by younger actors in that movie, which wasn't written or directed by the Farrellys.

"Dumb and Dumberer" grossed only $26 million at the domestic box office, compared with $127 million for the original.

Famously fickle actors change their minds on projects all the time, of course, meaning a third "Dumb and Dumber" could still happen. And Carrey will have plenty of contact with New Line, which is releasing his next film, the comedy "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone," in 2013.

http://www.jimcarreyonline.com/forum/po ... =2&t=11743

If they go ahead and do the movie without Jim they might as well choose one member of the company to play the characters cause they surely know how to be dumb.
What a stupid idea, especially after that darn prequel.

It seems like in Warner they are pretty wise...
What a mess... :P

Carrey's Girl wrote:I am hoping its just a rumor i was getting excited about it. What gets me though is Jim seemed so confident about it and he sounded so happy that it was going to happen. :? Lets all just hope and pray that this is a lie and Dumb and Dumber sequel is really going to happen [-o< [-o< . But i have this bad feeling its not going to happen but all we can do is hope. :)

I agree with you Girl. I lighten a candle so my prayers are heard! lol
Jim, we're praying for you here!

fluffy wrote:I can see how split Jim might feel though........the critics will be dying to hammer Dumb and Dumber 2 , they love to nail sequels. Interestingly a lot of sequels seem to be happening, the studios are desperate to stick to tried and tested formulas ie. Will Ferrell and Anchorman 2 . The thing is it's the public which are desperate for D&D2 .......we loved it and have longed for a sequel ever since.........Does Jim have the brass neck to weather the studio storm and give the public what it wants, or will he bail on his most highly anticipated film for years? And bare in mind he isn't headlining Burt Wonderstone.....Steve has that honour.......
Jim, you're needing a boost.......whether it's D&D 2 or not.....don't let things slip away yet, you'll do yourself a disservice........ :wink:

Yeah... The critics may be dying to hammer D&D2 but let's face it... they also did the same damn thing with the first and you all know what happen... ^^
I love when that happens.
Power to the fans! LOL Kidding... :)

Honestly I will continue to love Jim no matter what he does. I do miss him and I can't wait for his next project.
I just don't think that WHEN EVERYBODY is on board is hard to see it all go down for some stupid detail that maybe can be solved.
As I said... it's a mess... :roll:
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby e.k2011 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:26 pm

I doubt that 'Dumber & Dumber To' would have had the same success as the first one :|
Only a few sequels were successful!..
I say, good for him! :)
e.k2011
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby fluffy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:57 pm

Yeah i think the critics would have been waiting like sharks.....but i still think the public would have welcomed it.......there's not a lot of good funny films coming out at the moment.......a couple a year if we're lucky..........but i would have liked Jim and Jeff to have been given creative control together, to run with it and take D&D to it's deserved conclusion.....
Having said that if you get the chance to see it, there's a wee Scottish film out by Ken Loach called 'The Angels Share'......you gotta catch it, it's a very funny, lovely wee film and won the public vote at Cannes........ :D YOU'LL LOVE IT!!!!!! :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Carrey's Girl » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:48 am

e.k2011 wrote:I doubt that 'Dumber & Dumber To' would have had the same success as the first one :|

I agree but you never know though With Jim Carrey in it I would like anyway :oops: :D
I <3 Jim Carrey
Carrey's Girl
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby EvaAraujo » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:25 am

Carrey's Girl wrote:
e.k2011 wrote:I doubt that 'Dumber & Dumber To' would have had the same success as the first one :|

I agree but you never know though With Jim Carrey in it I would like anyway :oops: :D

Of course it may not have the same success. Audiences have changed, times have changed...
But keep on comparing things to the past prevent us from moving forward.
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby TNPihl » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:40 am

Guees we will know more in the weekend when Jim is at the Nantucket Film Festival.
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:22 pm

......thats if he turns up........ :shock: ...............lol
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Nick » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:06 pm

Jeff's response on Dumb and Dumber sequel. It's very sad, but when Jim turns out to be an idiot...what can i say more ? ](*,)

http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/21/jeff-dani ... im-Carrey/
Nick
Batman Forever

Postby SA JCFan » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:17 pm

"It's on the internet. We're not doing it. [....] It's not happening."

:(
SA JCFan
The Cable Guy

Postby EvaAraujo » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:14 pm

I'm still gonna wait and pray for a miracle...
And if doesn't happen... oh well, more projects will come. :D
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby jim carrey 85 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:41 pm

Nick wrote:Jeff's response on Dumb and Dumber sequel. It's very sad, but when Jim turns out to be an idiot...what can i say more ? ](*,)

AHHAHAHAHHA you are totally right, but he will do some other things i gues so cant wait for "Burt" and after we will see
"It's Going To Be LEGEND wait for it DARY.....LEGENDARY"-Barney Stinson (How i met your mother!)
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby fluffy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:46 pm

Oh dear,Jeff wasn't a happy bunny......... :(
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Carrey's Girl » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:45 pm

I hate that Jim dropped out of dumb and dumber to, but its whatever he wants to do and his decision hopefully he will make a comeback someday and i wish that someday would be soon but there are a bunch of movies out there waiting to be made so maybe one of those will be his one day :). Man i have been watching to much of The Duck Factory :lol: :oops:. But anyway like i said before all we can do is pray and possibly and miracle would happen :) [-o< [-o<.
I <3 Jim Carrey
Carrey's Girl
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby Twigggy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:52 am

Jim is getting older. Maybe he's secretly a little insecure about having to play Lloyd again. That character demands an awful lot of energy. :twisted:

Sad that this isn't going to happen. The last Carrey movie I saw that I liked the past ten years was "I Love You Phillip Morris." Another "Dumb and Dumber" definitely would have revamped my interest in JC movie's in general.

Oh well. Maybe someday there'll be another Dumb and Dumber movie -- with Carrey and Daniels, and the Farrellys at the helm.

That or another Ace Ventura would be cool :ace:
Follow me on Twitter: @RealJackBristow
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby Nick » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:42 pm

New interview with Jeff Daniels on Late Late show with Craig Ferguson which of course, talked about Dumb and Dumber sequel. If you want to see just that part go to 4:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyWI5FJ-7iA

P.S : Jeff looks good :)
Nick
Batman Forever

PreviousNext

Return to (2014) Dumb and Dumber To