Jim Carrey Online

Dumb & Dumber Sequel! It's on!! It's coming!

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.
Filming September 24 - November 2013

Re: Dumb & Dumber Sequel! It's on!! It's coming!

Postby EvaAraujo » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:02 am

These are really awesome news.
And here's more...
Jim will start shooting DD2 on September 24th. The info comes from the website of Jim's book "How Rolland Rolls"

https://howrolandrolls.com/
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:51 am

Peggy Sue got Divorced? ;)
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby EvaAraujo » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:10 am

grinchy steve wrote:Peggy Sue got Divorced? ;)

LOLOL :lol:
I hope not. :D
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby Nick » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:21 am

Great news ! Still i can't believe this is happening :-o :) By the way, the Farrellys announced on twitter that Brady Bluhm is set to return as Billy.
Nick
Batman Forever

Postby EvaAraujo » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:18 pm

Nick wrote:Great news ! Still i can't believe this is happening :-o :) By the way, the Farrellys announced on twitter that Brady Bluhm is set to return as Billy.

I just read that!

It's so awesome! The cast is coming together! :D
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:45 am

Excellent news about
KD and BB
Excellent choices!

I don't doubt most women who
have watched D & D
want to know more details about this
"french tickler"
:twisted: :D :oops: :shock: hehehehheh!
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Canadian Jayne » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:40 am

Absolutely great news on
casting
This is gonna be soooo funny
Glad to hear "Sea Bass" is back
and his son, woohoo!
The Plot Thickens.... :shock:
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Jimcarrey#1fan23 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:45 am

That is so exciting! That bathroom scene has always been one of my favorites. It's the way he screams, it's just funny for some odd reason.
"everything was going so well, why are you doing this Stephen? I made you breakfast, and we were eating and...... The scramby eggs!" -Chip Douglas, the cable guy
Jimcarrey#1fan23
The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Postby tlmarvin » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:39 pm

[b][i][color=#808080]Monday, September 9, 2013--7:35 am CST

Morning Again,
That's great that they're gonna start filming "Dumb and Dumber To" . [I wonder what Jim Carrey's next project is.

Sincerely,

Terry Marvin (Dallas, Texas)
tlmarvin
Fun With Dick And Jane

Postby grinchy steve » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:44 pm

It's a bit early, but I wonder what this movie will do at the box-office. This could / should / needs to be a turning point in the carreer of Jim Carrey, money-wise. "Burt Wonderstone" bombed and Kick-Ass 2 isn't doing good at all. All the buzz going on (gun-thing, anti-violence-thing) is not helping either. "Yes Man" wasn't a big hit, neither was "Mr. Popper's Penguins". As an actor, I don't care what he does, when he feels good about it. But box-office wise, he needs those hits to be able to get the roles that keep him big in every possible way. That's reality.

It should be a solid hit, but Warner Bros sure had some doubts. It's 20 years later and when I asked about Dumb and Dumber with younger people (10 <> 20 years old), I was shocked by the fact a lot of them don't know it or heard about it but never saw it. One of them actually discribed it as "Isn't that an old movie with the guy that was in Bruce Almighty"? Am I getting old? Is Jim Carrey getting old?

Our beloved man needs a hit. Now. And I sure hope this is the one. He's not becoming Robin Williams yet, he still has a strong audiance (a very strong one outside the US) ... But things can change very fast.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby grinchy steve » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:15 pm

My friend Rama noticed the following picture Jim Carrey shared through WhoSay. :lloyd:

Edit : I just saw it's up on JCO also.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby TNPihl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:22 pm

grinchy steve wrote:It's a bit early, but I wonder what this movie will do at the box-office. This could / should / needs to be a turning point in the carreer of Jim Carrey, money-wise. "Burt Wonderstone" bombed and Kick-Ass 2 isn't doing good at all. All the buzz going on (gun-thing, anti-violence-thing) is not helping either. "Yes Man" wasn't a big hit, neither was "Mr. Popper's Penguins". As an actor, I don't care what he does, when he feels good about it. But box-office wise, he needs those hits to be able to get the roles that keep him big in every possible way. That's reality.

I think you judge the movies too hard Steven. I think both "Yes Man" and "Mr. Popper's Penguins" did good at the box office. In total they grossed more than $410 million worldwide. It is actually good, also from total budgets of $120 million.

"The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" flopped big! "Kick-Ass 2" is doing lower than I expected, but it has grossed around $60 million at this time, and still many countries on the list. It will be lower than the original movie, but the budget was just $28 million. I think they did a good job in the promotion.

I will not believe that "Dumb & Dumber To" can gross less than $100 million just in USA. He has more than 11 million Twitter followers, most of all actors in Hollywood. Everytime there are news from "Dumb & Dumber To" it gets lots of likes and comments. It will be huge, I just hope the production will continue to update us during filming, so there will be news and stories until the premiere.

And a new photo added my Jim from the news article on the main site:
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:37 pm

TNPihl wrote:I think you judge the movies too hard Steven. I think both "Yes Man" and "Mr. Popper's Penguins" did good at the box office. In total they grossed more than $410 million worldwide. It is actually good, also from total budgets of $120 million.

I guess it's just the realistic tone of that specific post that gives the impression. ;) Since I defended the results of both movies before, I know they didn't do bad at all. But there's a difference between a big hit and the solid ones as "Popper" and "Yes Man". When a not-doing-that-good ("Number 23"), two solid ones ("Popper", "Yes Man") and a movie nobody saw (as a matter of speaking, "Phillip Morris") are being followed up with a flop ("Wonderstone") and not-doing-that-well-either ("Kick-Ass 2"), there is no question he needs a true hit to keep his status as a huge A-list man alive. I'm not saying the danger is around the corner at this moment, but a lot will depend on the following projects. Ofcours he's far from becoming the next Eddie Murphy, no doubt.

"The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" flopped big! "Kick-Ass 2" is doing lower than I expected, but it has grossed around $60 million at this time, and still many countries on the list. It will be lower than the original movie, but the budget was just $28 million. I think they did a good job in the promotion.

They invested a lot in the promotion of Kick-Ass 2, no doubt about that. As a box-office-mojo addict (I'm sure you are also), I can tell that the average production needs to make a certain + percentage to become profitable. For example, when the production budget is 100 milion, it needs to make 170 <> 175 milion to get out of the costs, promotion etc. Then it becomes profitable. But when you "earn" 10 milion in a case like that, it's hard to call it profitable. There are 49 territories. KA2 has been released in 30. Unless it does a "Pacific Rim" (US was screaming "FLOP!", didn't believe it with China release coming up, was right about it) ... it won't be that profitable. And it sure ain't a hit. Just keeping it's head above the water. Ofcours, if KA2 does the same as the first one, it could be a very huge hit on the BLU RAY, DVD, VOD charts. That's why they greenlighted the second one in the first place. But the first one had a very strong and positive mouth-to-mouth effect, the second one hasn't.

About "Burt Wonderstone", indeed. That's what I mean. Didn't do well in the US, the result being WB pulled it back out of theatres in a lot of foreign areas. While Jim still scores big outside the US. I guess the chance of that happening (not releasing it, I mean) would not have been happened if the movie was released after two big hits. Ofcours, none of us can tell for sure, but ... it's what I believe / think.

I will not believe that "Dumb & Dumber To" can gross less than $100 million just in USA. He has more than 11 million Twitter followers, most of all actors in Hollywood. Everytime there are news from "Dumb & Dumber To" it gets lots of likes and comments. It will be huge, I just hope the production will continue to update us during filming, so there will be news and stories until the premiere.

I sure hope so. I do believe it will have a solid score at the box-office, but I wonder how much. A bit less? A huge hit? It's hard to tell ... This summer was proof that a lot of positive pre-buzz doesn't mean a thing. Let's hope together. :) Should be a hit, can't see why not. And then there's the fact the previous one is 20 years old and I have my doubts.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Veysel » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:58 pm

Eddie Murphy Starring
last comedy 3 films
A Thousand Words: Production Budget: $40 million = Worldwide: $20,558,836
Imagine That : Production Budget: $55 million = Worldwide: $22,985,194
Meet Dave : Production Budget: $60 million = Worldwide: $50,650,079
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and ben stiller adam sandler owen wilson kevin james vince vaughan last films box office ?
Jim Carrey burt wonderstone and kick-ass2 supporting role not starring.
Yesman and Mr Popper Penguins very successful box office
Veysel
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Postby fluffy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:17 pm

D&D 2 will do really well at the box office, there's not been a really big comedy success for a while. :D :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

PreviousNext

Return to (2014) Dumb and Dumber To