Jim Carrey Online

Dumb and Dumber Sequel Hires Writers

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.
Filming September 24 - November 2013

Dumb and Dumber Sequel Hires Writers

Postby KC8t80 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:25 am

With plans for a sequel originally reported by ComingSoon.net earlier this year, Deadline now has word that another Dumb and Dumber film has hired the writing pair of Sean Anders and John Morris.

Anders and Morris are best known as the pair behind the comedy Sex Drive as well as the upcoming I Hate You, Dad.

Read more: Dumb and Dumber Sequel Hires Writers - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienew ... z1bx8hBbLp
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Re: Dumb and Dumber Sequel Hires Writers

Postby EvaAraujo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:59 pm

It seems to me like is more likely for "Dumb and Dumber" to become a sequel than "Bruce Almighty".
Still I'm happy :D
A new Jim Crarey movie! Yeah! 8)
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:37 pm

I don't know what to think about this ... it's a very risky thing to do a sequel on a typical '90 comedy that is considered as a true classic in the genre these days. Could work, but it will get a lot of bad word in advance, I'm afraid.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:42 am

grinchy steve wrote:I don't know what to think about this ... it's a very risky thing to do a sequel on a typical '90 comedy that is considered as a true classic in the genre these days. Could work, but it will get a lot of bad word in advance, I'm afraid.

I partially agree with you.

But I have faith that if its well done it may work.
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby Canadian Jayne » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:39 pm

Sounds very interesting :shock:
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:48 am

i wish they would hire me......lol..........heck, i'd do it for free.............. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:15 am

fluffy wrote:i wish they would hire me......lol..........heck, i'd do it for free.............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you get hired... Make sure to say I'm available too! :D
Same cash... Lol :P
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:49 am

sorry, I think my writing is worth a
new electric car plus warranty and on call

don't sell yourselves short
you are worth something

but our chances are probably
few and far between
they want to pay bigger bucks
than what we request

That's an interesting thought
movie written by the fans
hmmmm
even more interesting

would they write like a
marketing test group--- I wonder

Oh ya, and the latest computer
so we can have video confences
etc.....only the best ehhh!
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:05 pm

Will Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels be in the sequel? Would be great. But they shouldn't do it like two guys who are in their midlife crisis or stuff like that. It should be just like the first one. It has it's very own kind of humor. Would be great to have that again. "Dumb and Dumber" is my most favorite movie.

EvaAraujo wrote:It seems to me like is more likely for "Dumb and Dumber" to become a sequel than "Bruce Almighty".

Actually there are sequels of both movies but they are without Jim Carrey and so not interesting. Like Ace Ventura 3 and Son of the Mask they are also very bad (what else to expect from sequels of movies that are great because of the actor in the main role who is not in the sequels, anymore?).
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:17 pm

-->Blunt<-- wrote:Will Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels be in the sequel? Would be great. But they shouldn't do it like two guys who are in their midlife crisis or stuff like that. It should be just like the first one. It has it's very own kind of humor. Would be great to have that again. "Dumb and Dumber" is my most favorite movie.

EvaAraujo wrote:It seems to me like is more likely for "Dumb and Dumber" to become a sequel than "Bruce Almighty".

Actually there are sequels of both movies but they are without Jim Carrey and so not interesting. Like Ace Ventura 3 and Son of the Mask they are also very bad (what else to expect from sequels of movies that are great because of the actor in the main role who is not in the sequels, anymore?).

I don't considerer Evan Almighty a sequel of Bruce Almighty. It's more like a franchising... Lol To be a sequel it had to be the same character (at least for me) but since the main character is different I don't see the movie as a sequel.

Son of the Mask and the prequel to Dumb and Dumber, were a very bad ideia...
I saw the ending of "Son of The Mask" and only the poster for the Dumb and Dumber prequel, and it was enough for me.

This is just my opinion but: When an actor gives life to a character, he will always be that character. You can change the actor to whoever you want but it's not the same actor, so it's not the same person. Even if mentally it is, we all know that actors also give the body to a character (more like lending... :D)
Creatting a movie with a character but changing the actor who plays it, it's to me an awful ideia. I haven't seen any movie where that actualy worked...

So, to the people in the movie bussinees: DON'T DO IT! And if you do, don't acted surprise if it becames a floop. It would be beter not to do it in the first place.
Trying to sell us cheese when we know we order ham... ^^
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:18 pm

That's right, I see it the same way. Another example would be the Evil Dead remake which Sam Raimi is working on. Bruce Campbell will not be in the main role. He only has a short cameo. Wow, makes the remake so not interesting.
And Two and a Half Men has bad quotes, too, afaik. Ashton Kutcher plays a different role than Charlie Sheen did and he is a funny guy but nevertheless I'm not surprised if people don't like it anymore (I haven't seen it with Kutcher, yet).
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby grinchy steve » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:31 pm

Ace Ventura 3, that's what I'm saying. :P
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:27 am

Hmmm......forgive me Jim but i think that train has left the station now but 'Dumb and Dumber' has a very serious credible chance if it's handled well.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:06 am

-->Blunt<-- wrote:That's right, I see it the same way. Another example would be the Evil Dead remake which Sam Raimi is working on. Bruce Campbell will not be in the main role. He only has a short cameo. Wow, makes the remake so not interesting.
And Two and a Half Men has bad quotes, too, afaik. Ashton Kutcher plays a different role than Charlie Sheen did and he is a funny guy but nevertheless I'm not surprised if people don't like it anymore (I haven't seen it with Kutcher, yet).

I have... It was funny, but the character reminds me of the one he did on "That's 70 Show" (sorry about the spelling of the name).
Give it a try... just once won't hurt, and then you can form a more real opinion.

grinchy steve wrote:Ace Ventura 3, that's what I'm saying. :P

MMM.... Ace Ventura meets The The Mask. Not that's a moive, right there!

fluffy wrote:Hmmm......forgive me Jim but i think that train has left the station now but 'Dumb and Dumber' has a very serious credible chance if it's handled well.

I hope is handle well...
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:33 pm

EvaAraujo wrote:
-->Blunt<-- wrote:That's right, I see it the same way. Another example would be the Evil Dead remake which Sam Raimi is working on. Bruce Campbell will not be in the main role. He only has a short cameo. Wow, makes the remake so not interesting.

I have... It was funny, but the character reminds me of the one he did on "That's 70 Show" (sorry about the spelling of the name).
Give it a try... just once won't hurt, and then you can form a more real opinion.

Yeah, I will definitely give it a try. I'm very curious about how it is with Asthon Kutcher, for as I said I like him as an actor.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Next

Return to (2014) Dumb and Dumber To