Jim Carrey Online

Eternal Sunshine, Jim's best/worst?

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Postby tossem » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:10 am

The film is a bit confusing at first; the middle is shown first then a cut back to explain why they are at that time into the film. It takes a while to realize that it is a series of present snippets with cutbacks to explain the sequence. I did like the premise of the film if you are in a relationship that fails and are able to start over knowing why it failed perhaps you can move on and avoid the pratfalls. It is an interesting concept having a do over in a relationship….
tossem

Postby Undomiel » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:03 am

I've got the soundtrack too :D
Undomiel
The Majestic

Postby samurai_cable » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:54 pm

:D I'm listening to it again right now :D

Can't get over it 8)
"I decided that I wanted to make movies that would uplift people." - Jim Carrey
samurai_cable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:18 pm

Hmmm, I saw it yeterday again. My opinion has not changed much about that movie. I like it a little bit more because I understood more for watching it the second time but I still don't like it very much. The only guys who get my respect are the cutter because they surely had lots of work but made it genious.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Little Miss Carrey » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:02 pm

Eternal Sunshine is not my all time fav Jim Carrey movie but it is one of favs. But so are all his movies. :wink:
I love Kate too in this movie...I can kinda relate to Clem's dress sense...all those bright colours!!!
Yeah I own the soundtrack too great songs! Very emtional in parts.
I also love ESOTSM dvd features. The interview with Jim and Michel Gondry (Sorry if that's spelt worng :? ) Is so funny in parts..Jim taking on Michel's accent had me laughing all day!! :D

LMC!
Little Miss Carrey
Fun With Dick And Jane

Postby marzena » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:59 pm

For me it's one of the best non-comedy Jim's movie. I'm really proud of him :) Again he proved that he is a great actor and with Kate Winslet he created wonderfull duo. As he said in one of the interviews -couples who watched it, will fall in love again :wink:
marzena
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:50 pm

I think he shows more that he is a great actor in movies like Dumb and Dumber, Ace Ventura, Cable Guy or Liar Liar. Nearly every actor can make depressive lovemovies but Jim is the only one I know who has the talent to make people all the time laugh with grimaces in his movies. The other comedians are all rather not funny. Because of that he has already proven how good he can act, in Eternal Sunshine he only shows what other also can do.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby marzena » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:33 pm

but not every comdey actor can play drama, and a drama actor will never be good at comedys. Jim did both and that's why he is the greatest, and that's why I really like ESOTSM :wink:
marzena
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All

Postby fletcher » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:47 am

marzena wrote:For me it's one of the best non-comedy Jim's movie. I'm really proud of him :) Again he proved that he is a great actor and with Kate Winslet he created wonderfull duo. As he said in one of the interviews -couples who watched it, will fall in love again :wink:

yeh i'm totally agree with you!
EXCUSE ME, FLO?
fletcher
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby idle kid city » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:13 pm

All I can really say is that, my heart just melted when I saw Eternal Sunshine. It's nice to see him do a serious role every now and then because when I see the same funny Jim--make that, hilarious Jim--I don't feel like I know him as much as I would like too. And seeing as I love to learn everything I can about those who inspire me, I enjoy seeing everything he can do. So I think alot of his personality shines through in his acting which makes it easier to relate to him. However, it's always comforting to know that his comedies will always be there to cheer me up. :)
idle kid city
Man on the Moon

Previous

Return to (2004) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind