Jim Carrey Online

Eternal Sunshine

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Postby JT Carrey » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:09 pm

I wish Jim would stop making funny movies and just make serious ones just to see how many "fans" he'd lose, or maybe stop making movies period for maybe 5-10 years, and focus on his own life more, I think that would be wild.
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jimliker » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:21 pm

why would Jim want to loose his fans? he luvs his fans & appreciates them a lot. without fans an actor cannot become a superstar.
remember, he became highest paid actor because of funny movies. his first hit was also a funny movie(Ace Ventura- pet detective). he can work in serious movies just for a change, but not completely switching to them.
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby JT Carrey » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:33 pm

I just think it would be funny to see how many "fans" he loses, it would show who is a real fan of his and who is not, and who cares what he makes, why does that have to be such a big factor anyway?
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jimliker » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:40 pm

no i stressed on the word "losing his fans". i mean he will never "lose" his fans. no matter what he does.
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby JT Carrey » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:49 pm

forget it, you didn't understand my point
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Re: Thank you so much for your help Juls!

Postby JimCarreyschick » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:39 pm

Hey Juls!,

Thank you for you help on my question.

Jen 8)
JimCarreyschick
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:54 pm

I just think it would be funny to see how many "fans" he loses, it would show who is a real fan of his and who is not, and who cares what he makes, why does that have to be such a big factor anyway?

On the one hand he would lose many fans because he can not do what he want and then think that everyone would accept it (we are his fans because he was such a good actor till today but when he suddenly turns into a bad one or doesn't make any movies anymore he surely will lose many fans) but on the other hand I would by his movies on DVD, nevertheless I think. But to show him that he shouldn't do such things I wouldn't see them in the cinema.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby JT Carrey » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:56 pm

I'm a different kind of "fan"
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:17 pm

I must be a different kind of fan too cause I totally agree with you JT. Altho waiting 5 to 10 years for Jim to make a new movie would probably put me in a early grave. :lol:

But I do wonder that if Jim did only serious movies or absolutely nothing how many of his fans would stick by him. I know I would because I don't like him for just his movies. It goes beyond that. And I really don't care whether he does serious roles, comedies or sequels. I love all of his movies no matter what they are. I also don't think he should only do movies that his fans want him to do. He is not a puppet on a string. Like he said before he does some movies for his fans and some for himself and I think that is the way it should be.
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby JT Carrey » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:29 pm

totally agree
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreyd away » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:18 am

The man has enough money in the bank to live a very healthy, fruitful life. I don't think he needs to make movies for the money, he must have a need to make movies for himself. Hopefully he'll continue to make good choices in film roles to keep the fans going to the theaters to see him. "Fun with Dick & Jane" was a mediocre movie when it came out, it's a surprising re-make for someone to film. I think Tea Leone will do a better job next to Jim as this is more of a physical comedy. She is a female version of Jim, I think anyway. Not to dis Cameron but Tea has better comic timing.
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby jimliker » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:35 am

JT Carrey wrote:I'm a different kind of "fan"

well JT Carrey i was also talking about different kind of fan(s).
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Nano75 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:52 pm

I think it would be good for him to concentrate on his private life more, too. But I don't think it would be a good idea to stop making movies at all or stop making funny movies. It's where he comes from, making movies is a big big part of his life and I think Jim needs to do that. He wouldn't be happy being totally without it. Maybe if he switched back a little bit...
"Whatever makes you feel good when you sit down and do it,
is what you should be chasing in your life." - Jim Carrey
Nano75
The Number 23

Postby JT Carrey » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:15 pm

omg first off I was being sarcastic but yes, I know film is a big part of his life, it's a big part of my life too I'm just not popular yet, I was just saying that it would be funny to see him do that to see who his true fans are, not trying to start an argument :roll:
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:12 pm

JT, are you starting trouble again? :P
cotton
JCO Staff

PreviousNext

Return to (2004) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind