Jim Carrey Online

Eternal Sunshine

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Eternal Sunshine

Postby rekatsinas » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:10 am

Is this a good movie? I haven't watched it... Can anybody give me a quik review on what it's about?
"He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless STEAMING pile of cow dung...figureatevly speaking...
rekatsinas

Postby thecablegal » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:23 pm

take a look on the imdb (internet movie database) for more information, or do a search on google... it's not an easy story to explain!

http://www.imdb.com

good film though, i'd recommend it!
Muse - 10, 11, 14, 22 & 23 November 2006
Muse - Wembley Stadium - 16 & 17 June 2007
Muse - Royal Albert Hall - 12 April 2008
Muse - 10 November 2009 & 13 November 2009
Muse - 11 September 2010
thecablegal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby FavaBeans » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:01 am

In its most basic description, Joel (Jim Carrey) is undergoing a medical procedure to erase the memory of his ex-girlfriend, Clementine (Kate Winslet). However, while he is unconscious and the procedure is underway, he takes a journey through his mind, reliving moments with Clementine and fears of losing her forever.

in a nutshell... :)
FavaBeans
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:58 pm

Is "Eternal Sunshine" a movie in the style of "The Majestic"?
I also haven't seen it yet but I will buy it in future on DVD. It seems to be in the style of "The Majestic" and so I didn't see it in the cinema. The Majestic was not really bad but for a Jim Carrey - movie it was bullshit. I don't want to have an earnest Carrey. It was great that "The Majestic" was a flop and "Bruce Almighty" a topfilm. I thought that this was a prove for Carrey to show him that we want a funny Jim but then he makes such a shit like "Eternal Sunshine" (if it is nearly the same like Majestic).
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby JT Carrey » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:41 pm

Majestic wasn't bullshit and Eternal Sunshine is definately not shit, and who cares what Jim does?? I'd rather see him being real than funny just to please an audience
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Nano75 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:41 pm

Sorry Blunt, but "we" want a funny AND an earnest Jim Carrey. Thank God Jim doesn't care too much about the Box Office and audience's expectations. Makes his filmography much more interesting and varied. :D
"Whatever makes you feel good when you sit down and do it,
is what you should be chasing in your life." - Jim Carrey
Nano75
The Number 23

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:22 pm

No problem, when he is a little bit earnest but in "The Majestic" he was earnest all the time and that's to much. Nevertheless I bought it on DVD, but only for having a complete collection. But imho it is yet better than "The Grinch". Grinch was only successful because the Americans love Christmas so much. And because of the many children.
But to come to my question some posts ago: Is Jim Carrey in "Eternal Sunshine" all the time earnest withoug any jokes and grimaces like in "The Majestic"?
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Nano75 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:17 pm

Well, there are a very few laughs (or rather smiles) here and there, very nice, but no, the film isn't exactly funny. But that doesn't matter, it's very different, complicated and surprising. You really should see it!
I loved The Majestic, but you can't compare it with Eternal Sunshine. It's earnest, but very different from The Majestic.
Nano75
The Number 23

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:25 pm

When the DVD arrives in stores here, I'll surely buy it. What a pity that he is so earnest again but that's the way the cookie crumbles, isn't it?
:) :)
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby thecablegal » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:43 pm

ESOTSM is a very good film, and although Jim is quite serious in it, he is funny in parts. It is a VERY clever film, you will enjoy it.
Muse - 10, 11, 14, 22 & 23 November 2006
Muse - Wembley Stadium - 16 & 17 June 2007
Muse - Royal Albert Hall - 12 April 2008
Muse - 10 November 2009 & 13 November 2009
Muse - 11 September 2010
thecablegal
Dumb and Dumber To

Re: Joel and Jim Carrey's anger in Eternal Sunshine.

Postby JimCarreyschick » Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:18 am

I have a question about Jim Carrey's emotion in Eternal Sunshine which is an awsome movie btw! and I'm buying the dvd when it comes out too. When Jim Carrey as Joel gets angery at Clemitine in some of the parts, Is Jim Carrey actually showing his anger? Thanks!

Jen :)
JimCarreyschick
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby JT Carrey » Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:46 am

he said parts of Joel are taken from his own persona, so perhaps
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby FavaBeans » Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:20 am

just to go back to Blunt's inquiry...

Jim in 'Eternal Sunshine...' is way different than Jim's role in 'The Majestic'. Totally different characters... so no he isn't as "earnest" in 'Eternal Sunshine' as he was in 'Majestic'.

Jim has some funny parts in 'Eternal Sunshine' and does make some funny faces in it... but is that what you look for in a Jim Carrey movie? If he makes a face or not? There's more to Jim than that... he has grown to be an unbelievably great actor... one that will go down in history for sure.
FavaBeans
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:28 am

Yeah, I know and because of that Jim is my favorite actor. The Majestic is not a completely bad movie but imho worse than the funnier ones (but not worse than The Grinch). And because he is the master of grimaces I think that he should make them in his movies.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Nano75 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:26 pm

Well, there will be funny movies again, soon. Don't worry. :wink:
I think in Lemony Snicket he will be quite humorous and then in Fun with Dick and Jane!
Nano75
The Number 23

Next

Return to (2004) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind