Jim Carrey Online

Peta Targets Jim

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Peta Targets Jim

Postby cotton » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:35 am

www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Re: Peta Targets Jim

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:40 am

They do have a point. People don't think about that, but it always reminds me of the story of Keiko (Free Willy), it's beyond sad and very ironic in a bad way. Let's get this clear : that "big fish" wasn't happy or very healthy. All the experts can see that. I'm not saying it's happening everywhere, I'm not saying people involved are doing it on purpose (truth is they know very little about it, that's the reason) ... but even if the want to do right for the animals, they do a lot of wrong things, because they just don't know. There's a docu out there about animals used in shows, circus, tv-shows, movies, owned by the richest people in the world, ... and there's a lot going on that just ain't right. Behind the scenes, how the animals have to live when not performing, how they don't get the right medical attention, how they show signs of serious disturbtion ...

I don't like to see that they use the name of Jim Carrey, simply because of the fact I like him a lot as a performer in every way. But I can understand an organisation like this has to go for the hard an big campaigns to get some attention. They don't get the attention they deserve.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Re: Peta Targets Jim

Postby fluffy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:04 am

i'm gonna stick my neck out here but i think if Jim thought for one moment the penguins were being mistreated during filming, he would have kicked up an almighty fuss .Jim's a huge animal lover ........but some great points Steve.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Return to (2011) Mr. Popper's Penguins