Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey Bonds With Penguin Co-Stars- MTV Clip

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Carrey felt affinity with penguins

Postby jimliker » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:05 pm

"There's just an undeniable energy about them that's pure and spontaneous and they're oddballs of nature," Jim explained.

"They don't really belong in water or on land, they don't fly, what do they do? They're kind of odd and out of place and that's how I feel a lot of the time but we make the best of it."

"It was the soul of it," Jim explained. "Frankly I had people in my camp going 'Really? You want to do a penguin movie?' but I love penguins, what could I do? I gotta follow that spirit!"

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/enter ... html?r=RSS

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Jim Carrey Bonds With Penguin Co-Stars- MTV Clip

Postby jimliker » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:02 pm

"It's, like, an energy thing," he told MTV News recently of his ability to bond instantly with his web-footed co-stars. "Any animal, I just kind of get with their energy somehow, I can't explain it," he said, before recalling a certain pivotal and infamous character on his résumé.

"I do have a special affinity for animals because I'm Ace Ventura, Pet Detective," he deadpanned. "So, you know, that's something I like to revisit every once in awhile."

"I have this weird manifestation thing in my life. If I say I like something, the next thing you know, I'm getting a script about it," he explained. "It's just what happens. I was Twittering about [penguins], and it was on my website, 'I really like penguins,' out of nowhere, a non-sequitur," he said. "And then the script comes to me, and I go, 'Well, if it's not a bad script, I'm going to make it work.'

"My managers are like, 'A penguin movie? Really?' " he continued. " 'Does that fit into the rock-and-roll kind of deal of your life and career?' I go, 'I gotta go with it.' "

"I think we got the best of all worlds in this," Carrey said of the film's widespread appeal. "It's not without an edge. It's got cool, funny stuff in it, and it's kinda touching."

Check out the Clip:

http://www.MTV.com/news/articles/166595 ... uins.jhtml

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to (2011) Mr. Popper's Penguins