Jim Carrey Online

trailers, pictures and reviews.....spoilers !!

Discuss older Jim Carrey movies.

trailers, pictures and reviews.....spoilers !!

Postby JACK » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:50 pm

do u enjoy the movie seeing it for the first time? bcz usually the first time is the best ... u always don't know what's gonna happen BUT !!

trailers, posters, pictures reviews and articles even b4 the movie hits the theaters....now i can't enjoy movies as I use to......u already know what's gonna happen..u read the plot u read the story...

I remember when a new movie came in TV and i sit there won't blink so i won't miss a moment

Does it bother u to know the movie in advance... from a friend or whoever?
JACK
The Mask

Postby gothichyppie » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:07 pm

Well as for The Number 23, I'm planning on seeing the trailer and nothing more before seeing the actual movie. Nobody likes spoilers...
---[...]------
gothichyppie
Burt Wonderstone

Postby fluffy » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:42 pm

lol..........i'm grateful for every little crumb........lol

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Mia » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:27 am

Have to agree with ya there Nicky. :lol: The anticipation is enough
to drive me crazy...ESPECIALLY when it's Jim's movies. :wink:
Any minor detail will be sufficient; kinda like spoilers. :P
Mia
The Number 23

Postby JACK » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:56 am

when i see a trailer....i just infront of the movie every shot i recognize i become like " ohhhh that was in the trailer " BOPRING !! i hate it...but i watch the movie what can I do :(
JACK
The Mask

Postby MandyCarrey » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:41 pm

I know watcha mean. It anoys me because in the Uk the movie is out for ages in america first before it comes over here. and theres so much about it that u read on the internet that ruins it in the end. Like at the moment im a huge jackass fan and the movie has been out in america since sept 22nd.. we dont get it over here till nov 24th.. theres so much on the internet about it i already know about half the stuff that happens in the movie already...Im really restricting myself not to look at anymore of the clips of reviews on the movie. its really hard.

I do watch the trailers though because there usually isnt too much on the trailer that is in the movie. I know it tells ya the plot and wat not but i guess if ya dont read about what its about youll go and be like what am i watching??... ya know what i mean.. Also sometimes most of the footage in the trailers arnt in the actual movie... which does anoy me sometimes.. does that bother anyone else??... when u see a clip from the movie on the trailer and it isnt in the film.. which u thought looked really good......

:lol: i rabbit on dont i.. im always appoligising for my bad spelling and not making sense hee-hee :oops:
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Postby KC8t80 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:23 am

really the best way to watch a movie is to not to think. just let ur mind follow the movie. if u try to guess every little thing that will happen in a movie then u are just spoiling for urself. especially if u are watching a thriller, horror or suspense movie. and if a friend sees it before u then just tell them not to say much about the movie.....or just cover ur ears and go "LALALALALA I'M NOT LISTENING LALALALALALALA!!!!!" :lol:
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

KC just hit a home run....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:30 pm

I agree with you KC,
I like to find out for myself.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby emilystagg » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:47 pm

I like watching trailers, if they were not there we would not know about new movies coming out. Also, when it comes to Jim I like to know things, but I do not let it spoil my movies. I stop myself, so that I do not ruiun everything.

I also agree with you KC!
if you contact, i'll hunt you down and gut you like a fish, if you want to fax me press the * key"
emilystagg
The Truman Show

Postby sprousefan23 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:50 am

agree! but don't you think even trailers can spoil the movie? i mean, if they make a bunch of different versions, and they show too many scenes? then if you just mix around the scenes in the trailer you can quote almost the whole thing. i try not to spoil it for myself that way either! :lol:
"No time outs. Only DEATH!"
"I don't like to brag and I won't cuz I don't have to!" Image
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby emilystagg » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:35 pm

Some trailers do go to far. By the end of the trailer you know the entire plot of the film , I hate it when that happens, but usually with Jim's films they don't ruin the films. Jim has too many great bits in his films to all be shown in the trailer!
if you contact, i'll hunt you down and gut you like a fish, if you want to fax me press the * key"
emilystagg
The Truman Show

Postby JACK » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:37 am

what is the point of trailers anyway??? its all promotional...its all abt the money...we would know if there is a new movie release

some trailers spoil the whole movie....some don't but i prefer not to watch them anyway.....there is no point !!!
JACK
The Mask

Postby fluffy » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:45 am

ahhhh, they are good fun.......tasty teasers to whet the appetite and get us all ravenous for Jim's delicious treats....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

fluffy :lol: :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby emilystagg » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:15 pm

I agree with you fluffy!
Without trailers, how is a movie going to promote itself. Plus, I have always enjoyed watching trailers before a movie in a cinema, sometimes I prefer watching them to the film I am watching!!!
emilystagg
The Truman Show

Postby Mia » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:34 am

Me 2. :wink: Trailers give you something to look forward to in the
future. 8)
Mia
The Number 23

Next

Return to Older Movies