Jim Carrey Online

Any bad Jim movies?

Discuss older Jim Carrey movies.

Postby Jimenem » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:57 am

I've never seen it! What was it about??
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreyd away » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:04 am

Basically it's a movie by Bob Odenkirk who plays a guy who's irritated by everyone and everything. He complains about the most mundane things constantly and is told that something will happen to him at 8 O'Clock. Jim plays the devil or his evil conscience, I can't remember I saw it sooo long ago. But Odenkirk just whines constantly. I eventually fast forwarded through it to get to Jim's scenes. I think he filmed it around Ace Ventura/In Living Color era (early 90's)
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby Conor » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:58 pm

sorry if it upsets you to be corrected but just for information purposes.

its steve oedekirk
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby cotton » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:13 pm

carreyd away wrote:Basically it's a movie by Bob Odenkirk who plays a guy who's irritated by everyone and everything. He complains about the most mundane things constantly and is told that something will happen to him at 8 O'Clock. Jim plays the devil or his evil conscience, I can't remember I saw it sooo long ago. But Odenkirk just whines constantly. I eventually fast forwarded through it to get to Jim's scenes. I think he filmed it around Ace Ventura/In Living Color era (early 90's)

I am glad I am not the only one who feels that way. Jim plays death. The only funny character in the movie. I too had to fast forward it to Jims parts and I never do that during a Jim. At least not the first time I watch them anyway. All Steve does is complain into the camera the whole time. His complaining was enough to make me sick. The fact that Jim did not want to get any credit for this movie should have told me something.lol
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby carreyd away » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:57 am

Conor wrote:sorry if it upsets you to be corrected but just for information purposes.

its steve oedekirk

Oops! You're right, I always get Steve & Bob confused. One was in Mr Show with David Cross, the other did the Thumb series (Thumb Wars, Blair Thumb, Kung Pow, etc).

Note to conor: Thanks for pointing that out. I don't get upset if I make a mistake and am corrected, that is part of the learning process. And I have a lot to learn! :lol:
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:23 pm

good to know it wasnt one of his best cause that was one i was really trying to get. maybe ill get one o his other ones first. I think for me ( ihavent seen the whole thing yet) but it was copper mountain. maybe i should watch the whole thing first but i didnt get a good vibe from what i did watch.
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby random_behaviour » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:01 pm

soz to any one that i afended i don't mean to i'm sorry :cry: it's not my fault i dont like Jim in a not funny role soz please forgive me ......
the pen is royle blue
random_behaviour
Introducing Janet

Postby Rubberface » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:19 am

On Mt. Crumpit wrote:Now maybe it's just me, but Me, Myself and Irene I felt was a little bit bad. The endless profanties stopped being funny and started being annoying and seriously detracted from my enjoyment of the film.

I totally disagree! This movie, even if it's not the best ever, is one really funny comedy! I think Jim was physically impressive in this movie (the part where he transforms is nice, the other when he gets kicked by Irene, and the battle with himself is pure candy, right!?!)
Anyways, I love it but you have the right to disagree.
---=Rubberface=---
Rubberface
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All

Postby KC8t80 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:19 pm

I agree with both Mt. Crumpit and Rubberface. While the pofanity got a little out of hand, there are so many hilarious moments in the movie (Jim fighting himself was the best! :lol: ) But I recommend watching it on TV because the profanity gets dubbed over with some stupid yet words. WHAT THE FUDGE MAN?! hahaha that never gets old.
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Anna Chalova » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:33 pm

carreyd away wrote:Two words: High Strung

Jim was ok, movie was pain-ful!

Right you are!!! :idea:
"I really want to love somebody. I do. I just don't know if it's possible forever and ever." JC
(\(\.........../)/)
(=',').......(','=)
(..(")(")(")(")..)
Anna Chalova
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Arutnev Eca » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:36 pm

There's no contest for me... Copper Mountain.
I'd say All In Good Taste if it wasn't for all the naked women... :roll: at least it has something interesting!
Arutnev Eca
The Dead Pool

Postby Conor » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:02 pm

werent like all the women in all in good taste like.....ugly or somthing?? i dunno never seen it

but DONT WATCH COPPER MOUNTAIN! I mean its funny for the steve martin impression and the bojangles skit but otherwise its not that great.
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Undomiel » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:45 pm

All in good taste is really bad.. :P and Copper Moutain is also painful to watch. But I think that All in good taste is the worst crap ever.
Undomiel
The Majestic

Postby fluffy » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:52 pm

lol........All in Good taste............it's so badly cut and directed that it's just amateurish.................Jim's input is minimal.......

Fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Niobe » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:01 am

Well, I can't think of a really awful Jim film. But then I haven't seen those really awful early ones you've all mentioned. :lol:

As for Me, Myself & Irene, I'm another huge backer of that movie. I thought it was clever, funny and Jim was perfect as Charlie/Hank. Though I can accpet others may find it a bit awkward to watch.
Everybody should believe in something.
I believe I'll have another coffee!
Niobe
Dumb and Dumber To

PreviousNext

Return to Older Movies