Jim Carrey Online

Won for Yes Man - MTV Movie Awards 2009

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Postby Not_Impulsive » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:46 am

I still can't believe I saw him again at the Movie Awards guys... it was totally worth it. I almost fainted when Andy said his name.
and in the lobby Steve O winked at me. :) so cool - I wish I saw Jim as close as Steve O, but then I would definitely faint, so I still need time to practice my conscience :P
Not_Impulsive
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All

Postby cotton » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:24 am

thats so cool! lucky!
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby YesGirl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:49 pm

Just because he gets in a car with a guy doesn't make him gay. He probably didn't want to stand in the street and its easier to talk to someone if you're next to them. He didn't leave with Sasha Baron Cohen, he got out the car before Sasha left.
YesGirl
Lemony Snicket

Postby jimliker » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:55 pm

http://www.hellomagazine.ca/news/200906 ... /Awards/1/

Jim Carrey leads the laughter with internal monologue at MTV Movie Awards

Jim Carrey brought his usual boyish charm to the proceedings when he accepted the best comedic performance honour at this year's star-studded MTV movie awards for his appearance in Yes Man.

Expressing surprise as his name was announced by Will Ferrell and Danny McBride, the Canadian funnyman kept the humour coming with a playful twist on the traditional acceptance speech. Rather than addressing the crowd from the podium, Jim used a pre-recorded internal monologue to share his 'inner thoughts'.

As the 47-year-old accompanied the spoken words with expressive facial movements, the audience were in stitches at what they heard. "I went totally blank. I'd written a funny speech but I couldn't remember what it was," Jim's recording said. "I was choking in front of the world, in front of my peers, in front of the good looking kid from Twilight."

It was one of many mentions for the man of the moment, Robert Pattinson. The 23-year-old British heartthrob picked up the award for breakthrough male performance, best fight with Twilight co-star Cam Gigandet and best kiss with his leading lady, Kristen Stewart. The hit vampire saga was also named the best movie.

But Jim wasn’t the only comedian to bring out the laughter. Sasha Baron Cohen making an outrageous entrance, appearing as his alter-ego, Bruno. The 37-year-old hit the red carpet in a leopard T-shirt with matching leopard briefs. Once inside, Bruno – one of many characters for the British funnyman - flew above the crowd in oversized wings, turning and tumbling in the air.

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreypunkrawker » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:02 pm

why did he do the internal thoughts again? It wasn't funny this time. It wasn't entertaining or anything. It was old! I wanted to see a new speech! MTV Awards are too predictable now. I didn't enjoy any of it. I was so pissed that Twilight won so many awards. The movie was poorly done! The books were 500,000,000,000,000,000,000 times better!
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby lammy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:27 pm

I agree with you with the whole internal thought speech Jim did, was dumb... that's why I asked if he was gay... The award show was dumb.
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Hmm, I guess I'm the odd gal out....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:28 am

I kinda liked it.
What can I say, the volume was real low so I could understand
somewhat from the visual expressions, I think that is the key to
a great artist, if you can understand what someone is saying even
without the words, you know he is a great actor or he mouths the
words very articulately, one or the other.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Happygal » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:37 am

I'm with you Canadian Jayne...I liked it too. When he said "in front of the good looking kid from Twilight", I lost it!
I'm sorry, but I just thought the whole thing was hilarious.
One person's craziness, is another person's reality. ~ Tim Burton
Happygal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreypunkrawker » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:42 am

that was the only thing in the speech that was funny. His other speeches had me laughing much more and much harder. so sorry, but he could have come up with something new!
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Why does it have to always be something new..

Postby Canadian Jayne » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:19 am

why can't it just be just different.
I wonder if we are getting so stimulated by change, that we always
want change and if we don't get it we get bored.
Hmmmm, I wonder :-k
God always repeats himself, he keeps telling us the same thing in different ways. Sometimes we just don't get it or understand it the first time round.
God must have some good laughs while looking down on this planet, I bet a whole comedy could be written on what he sees us doing.
I think we are like children just learning how to do something, you know
how we watch a new born or toddler develope and they do such funny things, we shake our heads and laugh and no matter how bad or rediculous some of the things are parents still laugh while their head is turned away from the child, so the child doesn't see that we look mad but really we are laughing on the inside, unbelieving that the child just doesn't get the obvious.
I think he must have mega patience.
We know he's very creative.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:25 am

that's beautiful CJ............ :D ..........and i'm with you, i thought Jim's 'speech' was great.........entertaining without being OTT and crass....... :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:43 pm

This wasn't the same joke he did that other time. The other time he was speaking to the audiance telepathicly. The recent speech was like a voice over telling what happened that moment. Saying that's the same, is like those reviews that tell us "Liar Liar" and "Yes Man" are the same movie.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Agreed, it was different...

Postby Canadian Jayne » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:16 pm

and enjoyable,
thankyou
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:10 pm

fluffy wrote:that's beautiful CJ............ :D ..........and i'm with you, i thought Jim's 'speech' was great.........entertaining without being OTT and crass....... :D

Yea I enjoyed it too
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby Rosita » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:21 pm

Me 2
Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color, choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable!
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

PreviousNext

Return to (2008) Yes Man