Jim Carrey Online

Yes Man : Reviews

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Postby grinchy steve » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:04 am

I'm getting a bit frustrated by it, lol. I missed it in theatres, because there was nobody who wanted to join. The ones who did saw it on opening night and the others wanted to wait for the DVD. So I guess I'll have to do the same ... It's taking forever!
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby grinchy steve » Fri May 29, 2009 6:05 pm

I'm shocked! :o

I bought 'Yes Man' today, watched the first half hour and decided to do something else. What the? I mean, it's new, it's Jim Carrey and it's me watching ... that never ever happened before. I was watching with my sister and her boyfriend (who also like Jim a lot) and they were bored.

I need some therapy now. :lol:
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby magoulou » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:35 pm

I think that isn't happening a lot of things during the movie and it gets you a little boring..but it's ok! Jim Carrey plays in it..He can and he saves the movie!
The movie it's ok for me! :)
magoulou

Postby cotton » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:39 pm

grinchy steve wrote:I'm shocked! :o

I bought 'Yes Man' today, watched the first half hour and decided to do something else. What the? I mean, it's new, it's Jim Carrey and it's me watching ... that never ever happened before. I was watching with my sister and her boyfriend (who also like Jim a lot) and they were bored.

I need some therapy now. :lol:

Don't feel bad I fell asleep while watchin The majestic the first time. I don't hate the movie but it drags a bit
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:40 am

I finally said 'Yes' to the DVD and watched it with two friends.

I thought it was 'OK', but nothing more. For a movie presented as a typical Jim Carrey comedy it simply doesn't deliver. For example, I like 'FwD&J' more when it comes to the laughs. So, that's the part where I don't understand the critics that are using arguments like "We saw it all before." and "Jim Carrey is doing the same old thing as always, it feels tired." Now, that's exactly what he didn't do. Beside a few moments our beloved Jim was kinde keeping low-profile when it comes to the face-pulling thing he does. And he wasn't bending his body in the most impossible ways or something like that, his improvisation-vibe was very low on this one.

On the other side the funnyman was able to put a bit of his pure actor-kills in this one. When 'Yes Man' was too short on comedy, it had a heart. Thanks to him and the lovely Zooey Deschanel. (My god, I loved Munchausen by Proxy)

I'm glad Jim is trying to do it a bit different, but my man, don't do it in a movie like this. It's a underwritten story, very low on good jokes and realy counting on a great comedian to spice it up. Just like 'Liar Liar' was actually, it survived (very well) on improvisation. With a lot of other comedic stars of today 'Yes Man' would have sucked. I liked 'Yes Man', but more a romantic adventure that makes you say 'Yes' to life. Not as much as the new comedy by the funniest man in the world.

Now I'm realy looking forward to 'Phillip Morris', thát's a movie where he doesnt have to spice up everything and is able to mix the comedian and actor in himself without having to save the movie.

PS : The comment made by my friends was "This is not his best comedy, not at all. Without Jim Carrey this movie would have sucked big time."
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:32 pm

I like the movie very much. Didn't expect it to be that funny. It's Jim Carrey like I like him and at last a very good and funny movie since Bruce Almighty.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Re: Yes Man : Reviews

Postby louhop23 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:54 pm

I loved Yes Man! It really has inspired me to say yes to more things however I should still be careful of what I say yes to :D
- louhop23 - A VERY proud fan of Jim Carrey!
louhop23
The Duck Factory

Re: Yes Man : Reviews

Postby carreylegend » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:19 pm

For a few years I was so busy in commuting I never even saw the news let alone movies so missed out on Yes men, number 23, philip morris, and dick and jayne. Watched yes men last weekend loved it especially the old lady bit, was really funny.
carreylegend
Bruce Almighty

Previous

Return to (2008) Yes Man