Jim Carrey Online

Box Office: "Yes Man"

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Postby TaMiReS » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:26 am

fluffy wrote:ok i'm changing it to $22M opening weekend USA .......

fluffy :wink:

WELL, that's better than 148 m !! It's more real... :lol:
TaMiReS
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby adirisrael » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:45 am

remember this number $40m :!:

Last edited by adirisrael on Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
adirisrael
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All

Postby TaMiReS » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:46 am

adirisrael wrote:remember this number $40m :!:

yeah it can be!
TaMiReS

Postby TaMiReS » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:23 am

adirisrael wrote:

this no good for yes man

well 5%... it isn't so bad...
TaMiReS

Postby adirisrael » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:48 am

TaMiReS wrote:
adirisrael wrote:

this no good for yes man

well 5%... it isn't so bad...

yes
yes yes
yes yes yes
yes yes yes yes

MAN
adirisrael
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All

Yes Man "Early Friday Box Office Numbers"!

Postby Citizen24 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:13 pm

The Good News is Yes Man as expected opens #1 @ the Box Office with an estimated $6.5-6.7 million on Friday. The Bad news is it's on the low end of the expecations however considering the time of the year it's not only about opening weekends if history is any indication. Most people have time off from work, schools and etc. Therefore the weekdays numbers will be huge and despite a whole lot of new movies opening on Christmas Day Yes Man should still be able to play out very weel. I Predict an Opening Weekend tally of $20-21 Milllion for Yes Man based on the Friday Numbers.

We also have to keep in Mind that the weather was just terrible outside on Friday in the Midwest & East with snowstorms, followed by more cold and snow and I'm sure that certainly had an impact on Friday's Numbers to a certain extent. More than Fun with Dick and Jane the apt comparison for Yes Man in my opinion in terms of Box office will be a movie like You've Got Mail which opened around the same time in 1998 with $18.4 Million and ended it's run with $115.8 Million. I predict Yes Man to conlude it's run with around $110-$120 Million as welll when all is said and done. What do you Guys Think?

Sources:

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/s ... pereaux-3/

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/smaso ... estimates/
Citizen24
High Strung

Postby TNPihl » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:34 pm

Thanks for posting the numbers or Friday Citizen24. A shame its a bit low. All movies this week disapointed a bit. :? I think the opening weekend will be $19-20 Million.
With good legs the next weeks it can still do good at the box office. I hope good enough so we can say 20x7 = $140 Million total. My optimistic prediction. 8)
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

ERC Box Office Early Estimates - Yes Man #1 with $19 Million

Postby Citizen24 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:38 pm

1. YES MAN Warner Bros. · 3434 · $19,000,000 · $5,533 · $19,000,000

http://www.ercboxoffice.com/
Citizen24
High Strung

Re: Yes Man "Early Friday Box Office Numbers"!

Postby chips and dip » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:39 pm

Citizen24 wrote:The Good News is Yes Man as expected opens #1 @ the Box Office with an estimated $6.5-6.7 million on Friday. The Bad news is it's on the low end of the expecations however considering the time of the year it's not only about opening weekends if history is any indication. Most people have time off from work, schools and etc. Therefore the weekdays numbers will be huge and despite a whole lot of new movies opening on Christmas Day Yes Man should still be able to play out very weel. I Predict an Opening Weekend tally of $20-21 Milllion for Yes Man based on the Friday Numbers.

We also have to keep in Mind that the weather was just terrible outside on Friday in the Midwest & East with snowstorms, followed by more cold and snow and I'm sure that certainly had an impact on Friday's Numbers to a certain extent. More than Fun with Dick and Jane the apt comparison for Yes Man in my opinion in terms of Box office will be a movie like You've Got Mail which opened around the same time in 1998 with $18.4 Million and ended it's run with $115.8 Million. I predict Yes Man to conlude it's run with around $110-$120 Million as welll when all is said and done. What do you Guys Think?

Sources:

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/s ... pereaux-3/

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/smaso ... estimates/

Thanks. I'd agree more with the writers of the first source than the second source though. :oops:
To God, every living being is beautiful... Except for you.
chips and dip
Dumb and Dumber To

Yes Man Will Have Legs!

Postby Citizen24 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:48 pm

Forget the Critics, the audiences for the most part have liked the movie and I think it will play very well into the Holiday Season. We still have all the BIG DAYS for BOX OFFICE coming up.

Let's Keep in Mind that Fun with Dick and Jane made only $22 Million during it's first 5 days and yet hung around to gross a little $110 Million domestically back in 2005. And with Better REVIEWS FROM both the critics and audiences alike I think it's heading for a similar total of anywhere between $110 - $120 Million. And the Rumored Production cost of this movie is somewhere between $50-$60 Million. So, it's definitely a well deserved HIT for Jim anyway you slice it.
Citizen24
High Strung

Postby TNPihl » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:58 pm

But we have to remember there will be very tough competition next week.

Valkyrie, The Spirit, Marley and Me, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Bedtime Stories!

It will be very interesting to see how many of the movies which are flopping at the box office next week. :D
Last edited by TNPihl on Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Back in 1998!

Postby Citizen24 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:08 pm

Patch Adams, Stepmom, The Faculty & Might Joe Young all opened after a week of Youv'e Got Mail's release. Which took in $18.4 Million during it's first week and yet had plenty of gas left in it's tank despite facing competition from BIG NAME STARS & BRAND. The Spirit will be a ONE DAY WONDER @ THE BOX OFFICE, Valkyrie has trouble written all over it. Benjamin Button is the kind of movie that will start slow and last long conisdering it's long running time and it's demographic.

That Leaves BEDTIME STORIES & MARLY & ME I think both those movies will do well but BEDTIME STORIES is more FAMILY FRIENDLY so it won't cut too much into Yes Man's BOX OFFICE which really only leaves MARLY & ME as any sort of a direct competition if you can even call it that in my opinion.
Citizen24
High Strung

Postby chips and dip » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:19 pm

TNPihl wrote:But we have to remember there will be very tough competition next week.

Valkyrie, The Spirit, Marley and Me, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Bedtime Stories!

It will be very interesting to see how many of the movies which are flopping at the box office next week. :D

Well usually when there is a big line up like that about half of them end up being overrated so who knows!
To God, every living being is beautiful... Except for you.
chips and dip
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby ChazzleDazzle » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:07 pm

Ouch, not the best numbers. It'll be lucky if it gets 20 million at the end of the weekend. It'll still be a hit though, thanks to overseas box-office.
ChazzleDazzle
Finders Keepers

Postby TaMiReS » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:19 pm

THANKS!
TaMiReS

PreviousNext

Return to (2008) Yes Man