Jim Carrey Online

Official Website Updated

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Has anyone noticed or is it just me Unoffical has changed to

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:04 pm

Officeal Web Site
What does this mean?
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:50 pm

That it's an official website by the production company or distrubitor. (like WB, Fox, Paramount, Focus Features, ...)

I realy was hoping for some wallpapers or something else by this time. It's coming slow for being such a big comedy, that's for sure.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby 123Dan123 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:13 pm

I'm gonna be honest and say I'll be surprised if this movie does good critically and in the box office. I really don't expect much from it as it has been Americanized and not a great director is attached.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby TNPihl » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:43 pm

I think it will do good at the box office. It really looks funny. With a release day in the holiday as the only big comedy I think there should be a good chance for at least $100 million which I think will be very good.
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby lammy » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:48 am

Isn't Horton coming out on DVD on xmas? This Yes Man movie will come out on xmas too? Wow, Jim will be all over the place this December huh? LOL :D
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby 123Dan123 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:31 am

TNPihl wrote:I think it will do good at the box office. It really looks funny. With a release day in the holiday as the only big comedy I think there should be a good chance for at least $100 million which I think will be very good.

I don't know, it has some tough competition. And with the poor marketing I'm really unsure.

Critically, I'm 75% sure it'll do bad. I hope it's a lot better then Fun with Dick and Jane, if it's around the same or worse I'll be disappointed. But not hugely because my expectations are extremely low.

I hope I'm proved wrong, but I don't think I will be.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby CarreyGirl » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:03 am

lammy wrote:Isn't Horton coming out on DVD on xmas? This Yes Man movie will come out on xmas too? Wow, Jim will be all over the place this December huh? LOL :D

In my house during the Christmas's dinner!! 8)
I'm Dumb and I'm proud! :_D
CarreyGirl
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:26 am

I have the feeling the truth is in the middle.

Critically the typical Jim Carrey comedies always are fifty/fifty. That's something that will never change, I guess.

I think it has a very good chance to do realy good at the box-office, no doubt. But at this moment, the promotionis realy low. Most of the people I know never heard from it. Same people that didn't know the other big movies coming out around that time, so ... unless they are much better promoted, (Oscars and stuff, could be a big deal) , they all have about the same chance, I think.

Last week one friend told me ... "Hey! There's a new Jim Carrey movie coming out, did you know that? I saw the trailer on a site." I was like, "Ofcours I know that :D" and his next question was : "Is that a sequel for Liar Liar?"

Some people have the feeling that it's 'Bruce Almighty' or 'Liar Liar' all over again. I don't agree on that, but I can understand why they think that. Some will watch the movie because of that, some won't because of that.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby TNPihl » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:24 pm

There are almost 2 months to the release date and we have 2 trailers in the theaters, website, poster and some movie stills. Many countries have their own website with poster and international trailer.

The big promotion begins in a few weeks. But in the beginning of December I really hope he will be guest in all the most important talkshows. That will be very important and also if he (and Wallace) comes to London to promote it in Europe.

If we compare with Jim's latest movies (Horton, Number 23 and FWDAJ). Then I don't think there are less promotion at this point. They first began the bigger promotion in the last month. A bit late but the promotion was good.

The other Holiday comedies it will be up against doesn't have more promotion yet. Especially Wilson and Aniston's comedy "Marley and Me", "Nothing Like the Holidays" and Adam Sandler's family comedy "Bedtime Stories".
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:42 pm

marley and me was an incredible book...............just like yes man........lol

fluffy :lol:
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:03 pm

What you said, TNPihl, is true. But then there's the fact that 'Yes Man' is the nex big Jim Carrey comedy like 'Bruce Almighty' was five years ago. And that wasn't the case with 'FWD&J', it wasn't your typical JC comedy. Also, 'Horton' or '23' were nothing like this.

And I'm not saying it because I'm a fan, but 'Marley & Me', 'Nothing Like the Holidays' are not the most important releases for this holiday season. When a studio releases a new 'Jim Carrey' for holiday season, you know it's their big shot. The only one who can be almost as important is the new Adam Sandler, I think, but he's not so big as our Jim.

That's a curious thing btw, like ... you read on a few sites things like : "Jim Carrey is old and already forgotten."' or "Jim Carrey needs a hit and tries once again with his usual formula." or "Jim Carrey's last chance to deliver at the box office." ... but I remember the same thing happened when 'Bruce Almighty' was his upcoming flick. It was a huge (and very well promoted) hit, all over the world. Carrey getting old? I don't think so. People are still there when he's in town doing his most famous thing. ;)

That's why I think 'Yes Man' is in the same situation.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby carreypunkrawker » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:01 am

only difference is that the YES MAN trailers really do suck the big one. Bruce Almighty and Fun With Dick And Jane had good trailers.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby CarreyGirl » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:25 am

Right! I 'm agree with grinchy steve and Tommy!
I hope the best for Jim! And the negative criticism gift only to those who complained, and I believe that Jim has not ever complained!
I'm Dumb and I'm proud! :_D
CarreyGirl
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby TNPihl » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:10 pm

The official website has been updated and got a new design! 8)

Now with a download section with Wallpapers, Screensaver, Poster and Buddy Icons. A few new photos can also be found on the site.

Wallpapers:

TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby lammy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:38 pm

:shock: :lol: Stop the madness... :lol:
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

PreviousNext

Return to (2008) Yes Man