Jim Carrey Online

Worldwide Release Dates

Discuss this movie. Filmed April 29-June 30, 2008
Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:13 am

I saw that also in The Netherlands they moved the release date ... What the f*ck is going on with this one? #-o
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby TNPihl » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:10 pm

Are you sure they have changed Netherlands date? They still write April 22 on the official site: http://www.iloveyouphillipmorris.nl/

For USA/Canada, I just can't believe why this is happening. Looks like it will be Jim's first direct to DVD, but its just so stupid!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:29 pm

it's a fantastic wee film......i saw it twice at the cinema and would have gone a third time if the run had been longer............. :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby YesGirl » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:45 pm

TNPihl wrote:Are you sure they have changed Netherlands date? They still write April 22 on the official site: http://www.iloveyouphillipmorris.nl/

For USA/Canada, I just can't believe why this is happening. Looks like it will be Jim's first direct to DVD, but its just so stupid!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I couldn't agree more! This is ridiculous! This movie deserves to be shown in American theaters! I can't believe they're postponing it AGAIN! I think it'll more than likely be direct to DVD now. At least then it better get released as unrated.

It's a real shame. Execs are just scared that fans and other movie go-ers will be alienated and turned off or afraid to see Jim in a gay role. It's riduculous! If Jim's part was played by some other actor the movie would be released and in it's entirety! And it also seems like every time the month for the movie's release rolls around, they decide to delay it. UGHH! :evil: :evil:
YesGirl
Lemony Snicket

Postby Romy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:47 pm

I saw the film poster for it when I went to see another movie, but there was no date on it! I was ready to quit my friends and see ILYPM instead, but alas it wasn't playing yet. :( Glad to hear it's coming out on April 22nd here :D , comiserations to all the American JC fans!
Romy
Once Bitten

Postby fluffy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:56 pm

your average R&B pop video is more raunchy than ILYPM...........it's ridiculous
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:52 pm

I don't understand it. If this was a movie about lesbians it would have been released months ago :(

For USA/Canada, I just can't believe why this is happening. Looks like it will be Jim's first direct to DVD, but its just so stupid!!!

Remember we were talking about how there is no commercials or posters for it out here? Well now we know why
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby Retard_Messiah » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:10 pm

I saw the movie this week. It really liked it. AMAZING! Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor is the cutest lovecouple on screen ever!
Retard_Messiah
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:17 pm

agreed.......lol........they are adorable...... :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Retard_Messiah » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:43 pm

yeah but i still wonder why this problem with distrubations and worldwide releases. but i am glad that i was able to see it in sweden. hope i will be released on dvd soon. i want to see it again.
Retard_Messiah
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby TNPihl » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:29 pm

Retard_Messiah wrote:hope i will be released on dvd soon. i want to see it again.

Check the thread with DVD release date. You will be able to buy it on DVD August 18. :wink:
http://www.jimcarreyonline.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=10440

Latest news about the US release is that they will try to find a date in August in US theaters. :?
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:59 pm

why bother? By That time somebody will have it on youtube lol
Last edited by cotton on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby mysticwryter » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:47 am

This is a comment for the postponing of the movie.....what is really wrong with releasing this movie??? It's a movie.
Schmoyoho-oh-oh-oh accent on the YO!
mysticwryter
Bruce Almighty

Jim's personal troubles

Postby Romy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:58 am

Doesn't anybody think Jim's personal problems have something to do with this? I can imagine he doesn't want to put on his 'happy face' and do the whole nationwide promotion tour for the movie.

I've heard that I love you Philip Morris did very well in countries like Russia so it certainly isn't a flop (yet). So I wouldn't say that the distributers worry about that too much, also because of the huge star power of the two leading men.
Romy
Once Bitten

Postby grinchy steve » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:39 am

TNPihl wrote:Are you sure they have changed Netherlands date? They still write April 22 on the official site: http://www.iloveyouphillipmorris.nl/

They delayed the movie two weeks ago with no other date instead. Now they changed it back. :-s What the ... ?

I realy don't understand what's going on overthere (USA/Canada), it would be a disaster if an A-list actor like Jim Carrey gets a DVD-release without being in theatres! I mean, c'mon ... It's Jim Carrey! :shock:
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

PreviousNext

Return to (2010) I Love You Phillip Morris